Favorite Anodizations?

At least in my 1 minute search I couldn’t come across an ano appreciation thread, so I thought I’d start one!

(YYF Rockstar)

13 Likes

I prefer solid colors, and two-tone designs like this

13 Likes

I think CLYW in its golden age takes the cake for best ano, and it’s not even close. You have absolute classic bangers like 28s, BBB, Hulk Smash, etc

clyw-caribou-lodge-wooly-marmot-28_1_5adae0a822584125f28109b40a136793

Yeah dude… CLYW had the best splash in the game. Just look at this Chief run… legends only.
CLYW-Restock-Avalanche-Chief

And when OD’s Saturday Market is good… it’s up there with the rest of the GOAT’s

The Seven Summits Everest is an all time favorite of mine as well…

As far as single toned colors go… the blue on this Cobalt King Magnum Opus MMC is pretty hard to beat.

And literally ANYTHING by Jason Wong goes crazy hard…

Honorable mentions, but not pictured, are the YYF Galaxy colorway, YYF Supernova Splashes, YYF Severe acid washes, OG YYF 888s, and two tone General Yos and Anti-Yos.

I’m sure I’m missing a few but these are the ones that immediately came to mind.

20 Likes

My absolute favourite has to be this, the rainicorn banshee.

22 Likes

I really like the black and white fade that you see on a lot of Evan Nagao Signatures. I also really like how it turns grey-ish when it starts spinning.
Screenshot 2021-06-09 8.43.51 PM
I also really enjoy the rainbow and black Pragma.
Screenshot 2021-06-09 8.45.06 PM

9 Likes

My personal favorite is my CLYW Chief in the Elliot Jackson color. Took a minute and a few $'s to track this one down.

10 Likes

Top Yo Colossus VI and Monkeyfinger Conspiracy. Two of my favorites anyway!

13 Likes

1_Arlecchino_1_small

23 Likes

That Sumo is absolutely spectacular. I wish I could find one.

1 Like

Of the new releases, I’m a big fan of the Galaxy splash on the Koi.

Of older releases, I always thought the spiderman idea on the Aotus really stood out.

15 Likes

23 Likes

Man, there is some spectacular stuff showcased here guys. Keep it coming!

14 Likes

Dude I saw the Koi drop that acid wash and I was refreshing the page right at the drop for 5 mins to make sure I was able to snag one. Insane ano

4 Likes

This style swirl was the best.

17 Likes

I’ve got what I consider great examples of One Drop’s Saturday Market, and Throwback’s Galaxy Arcade.

15 Likes

JUST KIDDING. Couldn’t resist haha.

I took no side on that one :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

But for real, I LOVE this galaxy:

17 Likes

Grabbed a couple off the shelf.

I like the early-mid year CLYW’s, though that Bassalope is a Pioneer custom job.

MFD also rate highly though some can be a little too busy for my tastes.

EDIT - was Pioneer not Levi (doh)

17 Likes

Snapped a few more. Modern CLYW anodisation doesn’t have the same flair but there are exceptions. The Algae Bloom Dune for example.

Apart from MFD I can’t think of many others who are doing interesting things with their anodisations currently.

Am I forgetting someone?

14 Likes

My favorite colorway is “Fruit Salad” on the Twilight Phantom by Inferno Yoyos.

11 Likes