Favorite Anodizations?

I completely agree, it looks amazing!

1 Like

Yeah. I now mostly judge ano by how it looks spinning but I guess how it looks sitting there is important to since the ano is art.

1 Like

Spinning blends the colours as you’d expect. Some do it better than others. This MFD is a bit busy when stationary but blends out nicely when in motion.

9 Likes

As you could guess by the Guantlet I posted, I love the Gruntbull Swirls:

My favorite though, was the Paisley. @YoYoExpertGarrett do you still have a pic of that one? I came so close to buying that a number of times.

@jasonwongzero 's catalog is off the charts

6 Likes

12 Likes

i have that black gray fade on a navigator and I agree it’s spin color and finish is absolutley stunning

1 Like

that Chief what colorway is that goodness?

Yeah those were pretty cool! Here’s the paisley:

18 Likes

The recent Koi release is poppin, looks like a galaxy!

13 Likes

Yes - I have little interest in new yoyo’s but I did pick up one of these due to the look of the anodisation.

2 Likes

‘Dirty Sunset’ - They did fair few Chief and Scouts with this design. Remember the famous Rainbow Trout Scout? At the time they were criticised by some as ‘YYF ano’…

EDIT - Reminds me that I never found a Rainbow Trout Scout…

1 Like

You are the chiefs Chief.

2 Likes

The things I’d do for that Bushman Chief :fire:

2 Likes

Another one of my favs. Pants edition Shutter Wide Angle. I bought the shutter wide angle purely because of this colourway. It’s now just sitting in the display case it came with on my desk.

9 Likes

I really want a shutter with this ano style. No idea where I’d start looking though.

11 Likes

MonkeyfingeR 2-evil

14 Likes

Absolutely lovely collection. I thought I was cool with my 2 chiefs! I missed the Scout release era and missed a ton of these colorways apparently. wonderful to be informed thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Jason Wong @jasonwongzero did these for me years ago. Beautiful work.

12 Likes

That’s kind, thank you. I have ca. 50 Chiefs - They were and remain my favourite yoyo’s.

3 Likes