Favorite Anodizations?

i remember when anti-yo released the eetsit and bapezilla - the anod. was ‘top secret’.

there was a running joke that it had to deal with a part of sonny’s body…i think i remember that right :smiley:

mgodzilla

rain…

1 Like

I just copped an advanced scout to see just how close to chief it is and it still isn’t quite a chief! I’d love to see the whole collection some day if you ever snag a photo. Chief remains for me as well. Akita is right there for me too though, it just doesn’t have that decade nostalgia but it does have allll that float!

I felt like the advanced scout was so close to the chief I sold mine. Surprised you thought it was that different. What version of the chief did you have because they range from like 64-67 grams.

1 Like

I have a couple chiefs. the one it felt most different to was a 2010 28stories which I think was 1g lighter I’m not sure. It is a nominal difference like i threw them back to back in different way to try and tell a difference. Only keeping the Adv Scout bc it’s clear and I have a small clear collection going. It’s basically my clear chief lol. the inner rim is also noticably less protruding out of the Adv Scout than the Chief. Fun factz

now I’m stoked to go weigh my 2 chiefs lol they are lightly damaged though.

Thought this needed to be mentioned (Even if it isn’t an ano)

3 Likes

Got my new Koi in, and the ano is so beautiful.

I also see some plastic yoyos above, not an anodizing job, but the Dino Egg First Base is really pretty as well.

13 Likes

Advanced Scout and Scout are close but not the same, of course. Chief’s weight is all over the place. I did weigh a selection of them for someone once upon a time. 65-68g.

I’m not a huge fan of CLYW bi-metals other than the Igloo, Blizzard and Wildfire.

I stuck some photos up on the CLYW collection thread.

1 Like

I could almost kick myself for not getting that anodization of the Koi, but I bought a shutter with a galaxy splash just hours before seeing it. I decided to wait overnight on getting it and when I woke up the 3 left were gone.

1 Like

I wish I could get my hands on one of those beauties! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It really is a beautiful yoyo, both in play and looks with this ano, highly recommend picking one up in any colorway if you like the Koi.

My favorites are the through the gap fades like this:

7 Likes

Same here. I would kill to have one of those.

1 Like

That’s beautiful! What yoyo is that?

Usually such fades don’t turn out so well. See the MVP3.

1 Like

It’s the Unparalleled Nostalgia

1 Like

Was just oogling these two and I’m wondering, how do anodizing jobs like this even happen? What other processes, if any, are being used?

7 Likes

9 Likes

Im straight addicted to Saturday Market.

17 Likes

No one will ever do anything more perfect than Jason Wong & Vendetta’s masterpieces. So clean

19 Likes

One Drop Fat Tire YYE

8 Likes