Custom anno?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I was wondering if anyone here on the forums could custom anodize my onedrop CODE 2: Nautilus. It was mirror polished by yoyospirit, and has no grooves. Can anyone tell me who can do it and how much it would cost? Thanks!

SpottedBanana might still do custom ano.

Thanks. Can anyone confirm this?

Pm her on yyn. Username is SpottedBanana.

SpottedBanana does anodize :slight_smile: not sure if England still ano’s or is even active on the forums anymore but his prices were cheap.

But be prepared to spend around $60 or more depending on complexity

However if you have a Facebook, I would Message Aman Sircus (owner of Rebelyo) to do some custom Ano. He does some amazing work and his prices are pretty fair. Like his page on FB, Its Aurora Custom Anodizing.

Glad to help

Thanks for the replies everyone! I messaged SpottedBanana and will check out Aurora, too!

I don’t think spottedbanana does ano anymore. Several of us have PM’d and emailed her over the past several months and never received a reply.
Aman at Aurora is probably the best guy to go to for yoyo ano. His designs and effects are very unique and over the top.

Maybe we should put a list of the people who do Custon Anno jobs and Sticky it. Give them some business? What yah guys think. Cause I really don’t know anyone who does custom ano jobs, but been wanting one for a looooong time now lol

thats a good idea

We have the List of Trustworthy Modders, but the problem is that no one who gets into doing anodizing does it for very long.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the help guys!

How about Jason Wong? I don’t know the prices on his beautiful anos, but he has a thread on here somewhere with some recent(ish) swirl anos on it. If I find it I’ll post it here.

He has retired from doing ano jobs to the public.

Sorry.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry I’ve pretty much stopped doing anodizing for the public. I still anodize on my own time or as part of trade deals for things I am looking for, but that’s about it.

Anodizing can be fun, but it can also be incredibly frustrating and time consuming. The reason most people who take up anodizing usually stop is because it’s very easy to get burned out, especially if you are doing jobs for others. It’s no fun stressing over flaws, matching colors and trying to interpret lots of different job requests. It’s even worse when the yoyo you anodize doesn’t exactly match what the customer had in mind.

That said, I do enjoy anodizing still and you’ll keep seeing stuff from me now and then. :slight_smile:

My thread with all of my latest stuff along with the swirls is here:

Here’s a couple of my more recent jobs:

Jason, why must you tease us…

Jason, those are amazing! Why aren’t companies hiring you to do this stuff for them?

I’m not sure if it’s gonna be enough money to “quit your dayjob”, but I’m sure it woud be pretty comfortable!

Thank you!

I do a few here and there for different companies, but mostly for trade. Each of the ones I do are anodized individually by hand, usually taking between 2.5 and 4 hours. Companies need anodizers who can do higher volumes… for that you need a commercial setup because you need to be able to deal with hazardous waste disposal, expensive racking systems, venting, safety regulations, etc. It’s just not worth it to do them one by one for a company who is trying to sell a hundred yoyos.

I’m a product director at a high tech company for my day job, so anodizing is just a hobby and artistic outlet for me. :slight_smile:

Jason

1 Like