Some of you might remember me from some of the work I did powder coating, laser etching and doing some leather keychains. Well all the money that I earned doing that, and some of my tax return just purchased a really nice anodizing set up. If you are interested in my set up you can check it out here:
So here is the deal. I would like some yoyos to practice on and use as demonstration of my work. This is the same deal I did with the powder coating and most people were really happy with my results. If you mail me a yoyo and pay for the shipping to mail it back I will anodize it for FREE. Yes I know I must be crazy!
As always there are some catches:
- You have to mail me the yoyo and pay for shipping to mail it back to you. (I can’t lose money on this)
- Your yoyo must be raw. This means it can’t have any paint, anodizing, friction pads, o-rings, plating or anything else. You can look up how to strip a yoyo and do it yourself.
- I am already ordered ‘Fast Blue’ dye from Caswell. So if you want that color you are in luck. But if you want another color you will have to supply that dye. You can either order the dye from Caswell or any other anodizing supplier and mail it to me. Or you can go to any walmart and pick up a pack of RIT fabric dye and put that in the box when you mail the yoyo. I have used the RIT dye method in the past and it works okay. But the colors are not always the same on aluminum as they are on fabric.
- I am only doing solid colors right now. I want to get that down first, then I will try some splashes.
- I will update this post with what colors people send me. So if one person sends me a color you want, you can use the same dye.
- This is the most important requirement. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY. So far I have never had a problem with the people on this forum, you guys are all really cool. But I am doing this for free to practice and get some examples of my work. I will document everything take pictures before and after anodizing. But sometimes this go wrong. I am like you guys and love my throws, and I take pride in my work. This means that I will do everything I can to get you great results. But I can’t guarantee anything.
If you are interested send me a message and mail me your throws.