It's OK to Scratch Your Yo-yos

I LOL’d at this. ;D

The only reason people are making a big fuss about this is because, it’s Steve Brown doing it!
If someone unknown (like me) did that, people would say “idiot”, but when Steve does it, people say “What a great idea! I’m gonna try that!”

P.S. I’m against dinging my yoyos on purpose. If I ding a yoyo by accident, it’s ok :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.S. I still have lots respect for Steve Brown. I must for the 5A creator ;D

1 Like

You could have just shown us those yoyos… that gets your point across well enough. Anyways, the part I severely dislike is when you just treat them like junk. True, they are tools, or somewhat. I believe the are more of an instrument, like a piano or something. They let you enjoy another aspect of life.

Even if they were tools, would you do that to your tools? Or an oboe? Also, doesn’t that effect the grinding surface???

Anyways, I suppose it might not matter as much to you, but all I have is 3 metals. I’m probably not gonna get another one until next year. Maybe longer. I’m relying on an allowance of X amount. I depend on money for trips, and save that money. Mostly I only get money during summer and Chinese New Year to spend. About $200 total, but then, the money was intended for trips, so I usually end up with less. And I can’t spend all of it on yoyos either can I?

You on the other hand… you have a job (I hope) and you have more flexibility with spending. If I were to want one, I have to clear it with my dad anyways, because he’s using the credit card, I just pay him later. And no one UNDERSTANDS!!! They don’t get what’s so fun about yoyoing. So yes, I am somewhat oppressed. Anyways, my explanation… somewhat.

You can’t compare a yoyo to an oboe… That’s like comparing a bicycle to a coffee grinder.

An analogy is not to be judged.

I just meant that an instrument should not be damaged unneededly. And whoever thinks manufacturing “Battle Scars” is good is not very smart. Battle scars are obtained. You don’t cut yourself so you can show off to your friends. I hope.

I pay for all my yoyos, and I don’t mind dinging them whatsoever.
Even today, I took my new basselope and walked the dog on concrete multiple times.
Is it cause I want to disrespect the yoyo or company? No, Its cause I feel that I can actually “Play” the yoyo better when I don’t have the worry that its going to be dinged.

J.

1 Like

For the record, Steve now has 1 email

Haha he also had a facebook message last week sometime.

Oh man, never send me anything on FB if you want a reply within that same month. If it’s not on my front page when I log in, I rarely pay any attention. And even then, I rarely pay any attention.

Ha that’s fine. You answered within the same day.

my dark magic i got it 2 months ago and it has many scarthces lol…

same as me

I find it hilarious (and somewhat pathetic) that some people here are actually getting offended by somebody for scratching yoyos. All you people that are complaining are doing nothing but proving Steve’s point even more. People care to much about scratches and dings.

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo WE DON’T CARE ABOUT DINGS, YOU SHOULD SEE MY DARK MAGIC. TWO STORY OFFSTRING FALL ONTO CONCRETE. IT HAS CRATERS IN IT NOW.

THE PART IS PURPOSEFULLY HARMING YOUR YOYO.

I am just going to get yelled at no matter which side I choose, but I’m on batryns side.
If you don’t ding, scratch, and scuff your yoyos eventually, then you don’t unlock there full potential.
But, this. This is just un-necessary. It is OK to scratch your yoyos, but not on purpose.

I don’t care if my yoyos get scratched. As long as it has no vibe, and still can grind. Heck, I did offstring for a half an hour with my DM, CW’ed with my 888, dropped them both 5 times +. But no person should ding there yoyos on purpose, it just isn’t right.

5A with an 888? Dear lord, that must have been terrifying for you.

I never understood the “you should learn 5A on a plastic” thing. Plastic yoyos break. A lot. Would you rather keep replacing a fifteen-thirty dollar yoyo or put a few marks on an aluminum yoyo? And if you’re not dropping your yoyo, your 5A probably sucks.

I think what Steve is trying to get at is that its OK to scuff your yoyos, not on purpose, but if you do, you shouldn’t freak out.

2 Likes

Congratulations. It only took you six pages to deduce what he said pretty clearly in the original video.

Hey, I didn’t start this all, I was just trying to sum this up. :wink:

Finally! Thank You.

BTW, I think dings do matter… it effects your grinds. You guys act like it doesn’t even matter, that dings are even better.