It's not the flavor of the month........

Lets see…

Slithering Hippo AA7!

Stickman, have you played the older Double Jokers - the ones without the Delrin bearing seat?

I should have posted a more lateral shot, but this Double Joker does have the Delrin bearing seat.

I also have the version prior to this one without the delrin (Picture below), and find that the delrin makes quite a nice difference.

Thanks for asking.

Edit: I messed up and thought you asked the opposite…sorry. I think my response still kind of, sort of works though. LOL.

Haha confused me there for a second. How would you describe the difference? Like what does the Delrin offer?

Freehand - wish I still had one of the really old ones that had the rubber weight rings. This is what I learnt on - everything from Sleeper right up to Lacerations and Grinds. The newer version is great too, but I really do wish I had an older model. I still play a Freehand regularly.

Speeder - I LOVE Speeders, the original ones with hybrid response. Even better if it’s one of the older ones with the rounded hub/nipple (slightly less centre weight). I love the fast zippiness of Speeders, and love the snappiness (and zinging sound) of hybrid response. I played a Speeder almost daily for about three years. I still love them, it’s still one of my absolute top “go to” yoyos when someone asks me to show them something.

Nimbus - At the time, these were pretty groundbreaking. H-shapes were just starting to come out, and the Nimbus was one of the very first H-shape / extreme rim-weighted yoyos that didn’t vibe (hello Envy!). They move fast too. I love fast snappy yoyos, and the narrower gap and snappy response really works for me.

Russell - Such a smooth action for a fixed axle! I’ve never played any fixed axle with response as consistent as Russell. Over 500 000 000 yoyos sold in over 90 countries over the last 50 years. I have a couple that I play from time to time - it’s such a pleasure to play something with such a great, smooth action.

(wish I still had a Cyclotron - mine was stolen a few years ago… but I couldn’t decide how much I liked it and if it would be worthwhile replacing, or trying to get something else that I’d never played before. Wish I still had one in my collection though, even just for aesthetics).

Just really low friction in the gap, which I really do not notice until I throw one of the two or three horizontal tricks I know how to throw.

I think that was a FH2. The original FHZ didn’t come with them. At least the few that I have.

^^ Correct.

I use my Mutant DNA a lot, and I think it’s a great yoyo. Even though the specs make it seem very heavy it doesn’t feel like 75 grams; and it is pleasant to throw .

I throw a Marcus Koh Auldey Magnum!!! The is a very rare yo-yo and I have not seen anyone use it in USA yet. This thing is the BEST yo-yo I have ever played, it has great feel, momentum, speed, smoothness and overall feel. I own P.Wave, Aviator, Shutter and Barracuda and they have NOTHING on this, and it is just SOOO BEAUTIFUL. This is definitely the best looking yoyo out there.

I’m going to chime back in with SPYY again. I just pulled my El Ranchero out of my case and since I picked it up at Worlds in 2012 it’s been amazing. SPYY FTW. Love everything they ever did. Wow.

Mazdarx-- I can’t find price or availability of that one at all. Looks promising despite the sort-of-janky “MK” in the hub.

Not a huge fan of the ‘MK’ side either but dang, that other hub looks spiffy! It’s priced at $135 at another store but they’re out of stock.

Yuki

Here’s another YoYo that is certainly never been the flavor of the month for sure, but WOW !!

It’s the X Cubed “Teh Yo”.

I can not speak more highly about this particular YoYo, it’s just a real different treat to throw.
If you ever have the opportunity to throw one, I highly recommend it.

One Drop Cafe Racer. Just got it, and it’s great!

Duncan Mg Hyped? I dunno seems like nearly nobody plays them.

Bio malleus, this one seems rare for most but one of my top favorites.

09’ Severe also is one of the top throws for me and although was popular at one point seems to be a bit of an odd duck anymore.

The bio was the first yo I played, maybe the only, with a single pad response and the anno/finish was amazing for its time. I might still have it hidden away somewhere.

Post of the year.

1 Like

Back in the day idk how much hype it got but I recently acquired a ricerocket dv8. It’s a buzzon menehune body that was chopped and had custom metal rings made for it. That is one sweet D bearing beast!

Love it or hate it but I also play an envy64 every now and then

Wow, how could I have forgotten the FH1 in my first post. Easily one of my all time favorites.