Is there a list somewhere of all the beginner to intermediate binds? If not can you rattle off a partial list?

A lot of the binds I see or want to learn I don’t know the name of. I’m also trying to help my buddy (newer thrower) learn some binds.

What is a list of like the 20-30 most common beginner to intermediate binds?

7 Likes

I’ve wondered this myself. I dont really know what any of the binds I do are called. My favorite is from a 1.5 mount. I guess it’s a 1.5 mount bind?

2 Likes

What does it look like

1 Like

Hey. Such list doesn’t exist, but i can for sure provide you with some video content.

This is imo the best compilatory video about binds on the internet. It has nearly every bind method or building block for you to learn. It Is made by the amazing Ilya Shaposhnikov, which is who i consider the best binder on earth. I would love if this video got some attention.

Tyler Severance recently made two videos about binds that are incredibly understandble.

And also, I have my own compilatory video of more “unusual” type of binds that are not too difficult for a beginner-intermediate player.

And also a tutorial for a very common bind used by everyone.

Hope this helps!

15 Likes

@smileypants707 has a couple bind videos in his tutorial thread

3 Likes

@EOS44 this was awesome, thanks for sharing! I’m definitely going to start working on a couple of the binds in the second video this coming up week!

1 Like

It’s lame as a “trick”, but I love binding. Something about it just feels good to me.

8 Likes

It’s the satisfaction of bending something to your will.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why it’s lame…some binds look great and are quite difficult.

2 Likes

I really really wish I could like this post more than once. Thanks so much for posting that! The second Severance video is especially great.

5 Likes

From 1.5 mount your let the string off your NT hand. Swing the yoyo over your throw hand and let er bind.

1 Like

Thank you!

3 Likes

Your tutorial was awesome

2 Likes