Is the Speedoholic XX good?

I have from a group of people that said the Speedoholic xx is good. I am not sure if I am going to get this throw but I want to see what you guys think first.

Thanks!

Along with the similar shooting star from iYoyo, I’d say it’s one of the best plastic yoyos. I personally like the shooting star slightly more because it’s a little smaller than the speedoholic xx, but that’s just a preference thing. Both are insanely good.

5 Likes

It’s very good but I personally think it’s over hyped. It’s a good yoyo but spin time and stability are lacking. Imo you’re better off saving $15 and getting a Topyo Mojo

3 Likes

It’s good in the sense that its pretty long spinning and stable for a plastic. Also, finger spins are a joke on it (meaning super easy).

I had one for a while and eventually got bored and traded it. I have a Recess First Base that I usually reach for when I’m in a plastic mood.

I was the opposite man…. Always used First Base…… then got the xx no more 1st base……

2 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it

xx is one of the best plastic throws by far and offers much better performance than first base. Imo of course

2 Likes

It’s very good. When I was first starting out, I thought to myself “I’m a beginner, I should buy a plastic yoyo” and then proceeded to buy several plastic yoyos. Then I looked at what I’d spent and realized that I could have just gotten a really nice metal or even bi-metal yoyo. If you want a plastic one, the Speedoholic XX is among the best (though everything mentioned in this thread also is), but I’d save that money and get a Magic Yo-yo Hertz or a TopYo Patronus or Patronum or whatever metal yo-yo calls to you that you can afford. I’ll occasionally pick up one of those plastic yoyos, but most of the time it’s metal (although I was just throwing the Mowl Hybrid last night).

4 Likes

I saw your video of the speedaholic xx a while back ago and it looks like a fantastic plastic yo-yo !!! but it can easily turn into a weapon, you know what I’m talking about right :rofl:

2 Likes

its the one yo-yo im scared of :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I have one, and I wish I knew about it starting out. While it may not be my absolute favorite, it’s great! It’s actually one of my smoothest throws and spins as long as my monos. For $28, it’s an easy recommendation.

Thank you guys so much this has helped me a lot!

T-dog

2 Likes

Just saw this while eating breakfast. I think Brandon is definitely qualified to review it :laughing:

4 Likes