Iphone 6 September 9, 2014 - Anyone excited?

Not really sure what that means.

Over all I’m unimpressed by their marketing. Acting like a 1080p screen is the greatest thing ever, when there are 2k smart phones out. With that said 2k isnt worth the battery life compromise.

I love this picture.

Anyways, do iPhones have proper multitasking yet? I forget.

PS: Tell me when iOS games can look like this.

It’s their most intelligently innovative design yet.

Name a new feature that wasn’t already on android.

Their amazingly simple UI and awesomely powerful desktop grade 64x A8 processor.

Simple is an illusion. Doing anything other than the tasks they made easy to access is prohibitively difficult.

The Tegra K1 (The SoC in that tablet that will soon be in many phones and tablets) is an estimated 2-3 times the power of the A8 SoC.

The Tegra K1 (The more powerful of the 2 SoC’s) is in no way near “Desktop Grade.” It’s about 1/10th the power of my computer (That’s being generous).

PS: Apple SoC’s are currently made by Samsung.

I was being satirical. I took the desktop grade thing from their site.

Sorry, my bad. I couldn’t tell because it’s the internet and I hadn’t looked at your last posts in the thread.

Not responsible for anyone who tries this and has “undesirable” effects :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Will people fall for that again?

I’m really excited about this wave tech. Especially considering how successful the waterproofing was with IOS 7

Waterproofing - ya mean ya can drop 'em in the toilet and they still work now?

I love how everyone loves to put down Apple and everything they do. I have both an android and an iPhone right now. They both have their advantages. But you don’t see me going around bashing either one of them.

It’s just pitiful what people will do on the Internet these days for attention.

It annoys me how they advertise everything they do as innovative.

1 Like

I don’t particularly hate Apple; I do enjoy OS X (or maybe it’s just the challenge of getting it to run Hackintosh-style), and would probably enjoy an iPhone too.

On the other hand, why would I pay $750+ (unlocked; even more if subsidizing) for a restricted device when something for $100-200 (maybe even $300 depending on who/where you get it from) employs similar/more features (for reference; see the comparison pic above)?

I find Apple’s pricing silly, and really don’t know why people go nuts over their new-but-nothing-innovative products. I feel the same about Samsung’s products to a lesser extent.

Although maybe it’s just the advertising to the “uninformed” that makes it sell so well. Wave a superior OnePlus One in front of people, and they’ll ask “is that an iPhone?”. Any unidentifiable product to most people is either an iPhone, or if it’s at least 7", an iPad.

On an unrelated note, me and my mom took Nexus 7’s into a dentist office today. The clerk asked if it was an iPad. The silent cringe was strong. This wasn’t the first time this has happened either. Had my old 2012 Nexus 7, and a Nexus 10 called iPads at various points…

For me, it’s not the fact that they’re finally catching up to the competition that I slam them, it’s that they advertize it like they were the first ones to do it.

I don’t know that it’s a cry for attention. It’s just that everyone’s a critic (myself included) and always have been. I’m sure Plato had his detractors, too.

“Effin’ Plato. What a hack. Shadows in a cave? What’s that all about? Talk about pretentious…”

Apple’s marketing grinds my gears. There’s a conversation about being excited for the release (ie. a reaction to the marketing) so it’s an opportunity to join a conversation. I don’t think it’s any more of a play for attention than any other conversation.

“Oh. My. God. That person at this social event just talked to me. Talk about desperate for attention.”

People ask me what my phone is all the time, then say “oh, I’ve never heard of it”. They do say it looks nice though.

FYI, the app for YYE does not run on iOS8. Updated last night and it just crashes. Browser for now on mobile.

Better take it back for a refund. :wink: