google glass april 15

For about $1,500 google glass will be available only on April 15. Anybody gonna get it? Or anybody just really want it?

I’ll wait til next balck friday and buy em for $800 ;D

When they’re officially released they’re speculated to be <$300

Aw crap that ain’t that bad I might buy one ;D

Well, as P.T. Barnum said, there’s one born every minute. :wink:

Are you stupid? Google doesn’t give birth to glass. And why do you idiots want $1500 windows, Google is t even in the home improvement business.

LMAO!

Hater on aisle 9!

Lol

It might be cool… Im guessing you don’t like google/windows…who do you like?
Plus, considering the stupid I-Watch is gonna be “thousands” of dollars, this is a steal.

Why is the iwatch gonna be so much? The Samsung version is already sick and like what, $400?

$400 is still not quite “the steal” :3

compared to $1500 it is :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re supposedly less than $300 when they come out.

Most smartphones retail $700+.

Well yeah but you have the contract…

When you have the contract, you likely end up paying $100+ more for it then over time.

I want Google Glass (got accepted as a glass explorer a while back), but I don’t have $1500 lying around… If I did though, that’s where it would go :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll probably just wait until the consumer version though.

I think the idea of the google glasses is stupid. They will end up like the watches in my opinion and completely flop. I have a phone, no thanks on the glasses, I don’t need google spying on everything I do. If you want to see something really inventive check out http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mistry_the_thrilling_potential_of_sixthsense_technology
Oh and guess what…Its freeware. Go build your own, you already own a camera :wink:

Please take the time to watch the entire video, it is worth it.

If anything, I don’t believe the idea of smart watches “flopped”, but instead just haven’t really taken off yet. I have a feeling Moto 360 and Android Wear will really make smart watches go forward, but only time will tell I guess. We need actual smart watches though, not a tiny lcd extension to a phone (which is what most “smart” watches are currently).

As for Google “spying on everything you do”, I’d probably be more concerned with other things you’re probably unaware of doing similar spying on you with far worse intent. Not to mention, if this was really a concern, you could either disable Google’s tracking via opt-out, or go make a custom ROM with all Google-influence ripped out of it.

[quote=“Espionage724,post:18,topic:65375”]
This is something that people like to say to pretend they are conscious about their data. They often found more info about it through a Google search on Chrome, and warned their friends with a G+ post from their Android phone.

Okay okay, using G+ might have been a stretch.

1 Like

Ya, I know a lot of people say spying and such when talking about google, big time corps or the government and it is a little extreme. I don’t mean it in the absolute sense, I’m sure they don’t care much about me, they would be bored lol. I don’t like google building a profile of me or other companies for that matter, there are lots of ways they collect your data and it is unavoidable, but at least I can limit it. Why wouldn’t they, it’s great marketing.

I just feel the glasses may be a little too invasive for me, and pointless. Just my two sense on them, and like you said espionage, only time will tell if they will sell well.

P.S. Pat, I’m Not pretending to be conscious about my data, I am conscious about my data. I am entitled to be and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. Maybe I’m a paranoid “pretender” but who cares, no need to dog me for it man. Btw, I don’t have a “G+” account (speaking of flop…) or a Facebook account or any other such thing, just YYE!