Watches and so forth

Any watch nerds on here? I scored a G shock DW5600c for $26 on the ol’ auction site

8 Likes

Unsure if smart watches count. I have never been a watch person as I’m not keen on having anything on my wrist for comfort reasons, but I was curious about the whole smart watch thing.

Picked up a used pixel watch for $80 with a super comfortable band, and I am loving it.

5 Likes

Nice! Smart watches are cool too

3 Likes

Wouldn’t call myself a watch nerd, but I used to have quite a bit myself before the sell off. I LOVE those square g shocks! Awesome piece and a fantastic price.

I moved to an Apple Watch Ultra, but my last g shock will make an appearance every so often.

4 Likes

I unfortunately end up breaking smart watches, g shocks are excellent lol. I’d like an Apple Watch at some point but I feel like I wouldn’t wear it enough to justify buying one. Which g shock do you have?

3 Likes

I have a couple of issues I track so I wear mine religiously haha.

My gshock is the MTGM900DA-8CR. I love gshocks, I wish they had better names.

1 Like

Gotcha lol. That g shock looks sweet. I’ve never owned one from the mtg series. And I agree about the names

1 Like

bought my wife the rolex datejust she wanted for graduating with honors in her masters program… and that is the last time i ever want to shop watches lol.

5 Likes

lol that’s funny, very nice watch!

1 Like

My daily driver. I work in a wet and dirty environment so gshock is the way to go. When I’m not at work you can catch me wearing a variety of Casios, a timex weekender, a pretty nice pagani mechanical I got on AliExpress for like $60 which is an “homage” to some out of production Rolex, or my grandfathers vintage seiko he gave to me before he passed. I’ll get pics of those later.

I don’t understand the draw of smartwatches. I really couldn’t imagine getting emails on my wrist lol

8 Likes

I had 3 Seiko. One is still here, but needs a battery. Those things are fantastic. It kept the time perfectly until the battery died. If I ever get into watches again, I’m going right for a Seiko Prospex. I had one with a sapphire crystal and ceramic bezel. I miss that one.

Smart watches are specific for sure. I have different do not disturbs for mine when I’m out. But I like checking on my funky heart and body temp at night. I also like checking the temp and uv index instantly. I’m beyond hopeless at remembering things on a bad day so having it lead me back to my car in a packed lot is nice. Otherwise I’d be rocking a Mudmaster or Regulus.

4 Likes

Seiko is my favorite for analog watches :fire:

1 Like

That is one I’ve always wanted but one still never bought one for some reason or another

1 Like

Here are most of my watches

4 Likes

I’m just not a fan of the look or idea of smartwatches. I feel the same way about dive watches on people who don’t dive lol. I’m not a snob, I swear.

2 Likes

My good sir, we’ve crossed into yo-yos AND watches. We can snob a little :wink: it’s a great time. Good watches are at such good prices now.

2 Likes

I enjoy a good dive watch lol, I wouldn’t spend thousands on a dive watch but I’ve had plenty of cheaper iso rated dive watches. I appreciate the sturdiness of them and the rotating bezel most have does come in handy. I don’t dive btw but would absolutely love to scuba dive in the future
Edit: screw down crowns are nice too :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Also I won’t buy a watch without at least 100m water resistance, preferably 200, more is cool but just a flex at that point lol

1 Like

Seiko makes some gorgeous faces, their pepsi waffles especially. Have you seen any Grand Seiko’s in person? I am lucky enough to be close by some boutiques and boy do they WOW.

2 Likes

I’d love a grand seiko, I could never justify the price though

1 Like