Introduce Yourself!

Thats kinda the nice thing about this hobby. To me, it welcomes all throwers equally, if you just want to throw the yoyo up and down all day that’s no more or less of a yoyoer than someone like Gentry imo and I think this community really emphasizes that, which I love.

3 Likes

If you have a question just make a new topic in the section it’s related to :smiley: welcome!

2 Likes

Trapeze and his brother, of course! It’s only natural.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Learning yoyoing has never been easier! Plus, there are so many different styles to learn so your hands will always have something to do!

2 Likes

Heyo! Finally made a yoyoexpert forum account. I’ve been throwing for about 3 weeks and am currently working on Eli Hops! I already have about 7 throws… I may have a problem.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forums !!! It seems that your making progress quickly good job !!. Eli hops is a pretty difficult trick to get down consistently but keep at it and you’ll hit it more and more :grin::+1:t2: And P.S you don’t have a problem trust me I should know :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hey :wave:t3: I’m Brittney, 33 wife and stay at home mom to 5 young kids. I hadn’t thrown a yo-yo since I was a kid until a few weeks ago and my husband jumped headfirst full speed into the rushing sea of yo-yos and very luckily lived to see another day. Seeing as how WE are so invested now, I might as well start trying to expand the horizon and learn some new tricks and give the old man some friendly competition :wink:. Now he knows he just has to learn how to share the good ones with me which is going to be so DIFFICULT for him!

18 Likes

Welcome to the Forums. What yoyos do you currently throw?

1 Like

I’ve been enjoying the Passion just for getting back in and getting comfortable throwing but I’m ready to venture into something else unresponsive.

5 Likes

Guy’s! I need your help… she is trying to take my Blue Titanic :grimacing:

Here is her current collection :arrow_down: Titanic is still in lawyers office :joy:

The DV888 is the only responsive…

10 Likes

Well don’t you think that your beautiful, loving, Devoted, gentle, understanding wife deserves it :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

That’s a tough question…

6 Likes

Welcome all to the Forums. It’s a great and very welcoming community.

“Take the Iceberg!!!”

I find one of the coolest things is the age disparity between us all. Yet when we discuss yoyos, it doesn’t matter at all.
I am 56, as are a bunch of us apparently. Some older, lots younger.
I bought a yoyo off a young guy on here the other day.
We were chatting back and for and it feels like there is a connection. At least if we ever ended up in the same room we would have lots to talk about.

I have probably bought about 30 yoyos since Covid lockdowns started.
The Iceberg was one of my first, and I still return to it often.

Cheers
Rob.

6 Likes

He has had to give up an Iceberg already unfortunately not the color I would have personally chosen :relaxed:…. But he’s struggling with letting go of a Titanic and unfortunately the blue he has is Way better looking than the Gold .

5 Likes

I agree with him on the titanic it’s to beautiful to let go :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

He’s got Two! It’s better than the alternative

2 Likes

:open_mouth::open_mouth: Well in that case….

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Your post made me smile! I’m glad to hear that you and your husband are having some fun enjoying yoyos together. My wife throws a little bit, she has a CLYW Kayak that I gave her and she has her bind down solid now. I think she mostly plays just to humour me and participate a bit when I’m throwing - I like it. – Also 5 young kids, wow! We currently have 1.5 year old and I can’t imagine taking on any more right now. That’s awesome though!

3 Likes

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:, I think most wives like to appease our husbands by doing their hobbies even if they get out of hand :wink:. I have gotten my bind pretty much down and I’ve somewhat got the brain twister and I’m working on the breakaway/ man on flying trapeze, I’ll get it soon I think. And yes 5 kids plus a puppy and homeschooling and house that needs to be cleaned :see_no_evil: I may not have time but I’m on a mission :joy:

8 Likes

Easiest bind ever by the forums @yoyodoc. I have no clue why people teach the bind where you lift and carefully thread blah blah blah.

4 Likes