Introduce Yourself!

I’m glad you got back into yoyos! Welcome aboard.

3 Likes

Hey guys! My name is Sam from New Jersey, and I recently just got back into throwing. I was into yoyoing back in middle / high school from around 2010-2015. A few days ago had a yoyo video pop up in my YouTube recommended and I thought i’d give this another go! Seems like a whole lot has changed in the last 7 years! Got any recommendations for a new throw? I really enjoyed the YYF Aviator 2 back in the day. Real excited to start posting on here and hopefully getting to know some of yall!

9 Likes

Welcome from Pennsylvania! I used to live in NJ (Union County).

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Glad you stumbled across yoyos, it’s a fun and enriching hobby.

Wow, the Aviator 2, that’s a classic. Quite a few people want a re-release of that yoyo. I think you should try out the Neo Genesis, it seems pretty similar.

3 Likes

Hello all, San Diego resident here, i have been throwing since around 2008, I don’t know why i haven’t created an account on here ever (especially since I’ve purchased many yoyos here.

As of growing older and being able to afford the yoyos i want, my tastes as a collector have refined, and thus, I’m sure part of my reason in being here is to explore the BST’s.

I hope to be relatively active, post my collection and such, cheers everyone.

18 Likes

I live in Pennsylvania. Welcome to the Forums!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Been a lurker for a long time before finally deciding to participate in the forums as well, so it’s completely understandable! Hope your BST exploration will yield some treasures!

3 Likes

Thanks! See ya around :v:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new to forums, and this is my first reply to a post!

13 Likes

Welcome to the community. Everyone is pretty nice and helpful so if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Lovely username!

3 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. Hope you have a fantastic day

3 Likes

Hello, decided to make an account after lurking for months. Happy to have found a new hobby whose community is by in large positive and welcoming. Loved yoyos and tops (mostly beyblades) as a kid but never got further than walk the dog. Everytime I went to a dollar store I always looked for cheap yoyos in the toy section.

Realized in August of this year that I’m an adult and could just buy a yoyo online. I’ve thrown pretty much everyday since and have gravitated towards responsive yoyos, spent most of that time dedicated to 2a. As you can imagine, it’s a struggle, I need to take breaks so I switch it up with fixed axle play (broke my legend wing in half but snagged a Survivalist) and responsive 5A.

The main takeaway from my time throwing so far, excuse the hyperbole, is that if I can do it once I can do it infinitely. It’s the way that I’ve come to approach learning new tricks without getting discouraged and I’ve used it as a positive approach for some things in life as well. :v:t5:

15 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forums!
I love playing 2A too

2 Likes

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums! 2A players are a rare breed here, glad to know you’re working on 2A! It’s going to be a long grind, so just keep at it and you’ll be throwing loops without even thinking about it soon enough!

3 Likes

Well I was going to welcome you, but that Survivalist should have been MINE.

JK dude, welcome :upside_down_face::heart:

6 Likes

Hi I’m Leroy. My favorite throw is Turning Point st.elmo.
My favorite trick is probably any slack or tech tricks by Takeshi, and the wrist mount combo by Fujisaka.
I found yoyoexpert when I was searching for yo-yo strings online.

15 Likes