Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the forum!

Lots of good info, tips and advice here. Lots of members who can help you reach whatever goal you set. Check out the tricks threads.

Have fun

kgb

3 Likes

Welcome

1 Like

Welcome to the community my friend

2 Likes

Nice to meet you

1 Like

Hello, my name is Jim. I’m an old guy who used to play with Duncan’s back in the 70’s. In the early 2000’s I ran across a toy store that was closing and i bought several yoyos. I’ve got a couple of Custom AXLs and a Reactor. Also a Yomega Metallic Missile in gold. I have not opened this one. I recently found these in my stored toy box and started playing the AXL and Reactor again. This led me to investigate yoyos on the internet. I discovered the amazing tricks people are accomplishing with the non-responsive yoyos and I wanted to learn it. So I bought an MK1 Contact. So far I can bind and can almost complete a man on the trapeze. I mess up the bind at the end. If I can get enough time, I’ll get that down in a day or so. I look forward to just hanging around learning more about yoyoing.
-Jim

12 Likes

Welcome

You’re not the only old guy here.

Have fun.

kgb

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Awesome pick with the MK1 Contact, lots of people have raved about the yoyo here.

2 Likes

Welcome! I really enjoy hearing about how folks get into (or back into) yoyos, having gone through a similar path myself, though not quite as long ago. Thanks for picking up a Contact! One of my favorite yoyos I’ve designed. Did you get the bind down yet?

3 Likes

Mark,
Thanks for the welcome. I am getting better with the bind, but not 100%. I have made about 3-4 successful Trapeze into a bind return, but it never seemed that I knew what I was doing. It just happened. I’ll keep working on it. I am going to move on to other tricks and then come back. With me, it seems that trying and failing at new stuff, makes old stuff easier. I love learning!

5 Likes

My favorite trick is Mach 5 and Cold Fusion. :slight_smile: and I found this website through a friend.

12 Likes

Hello Isaac, welcome to the forums.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Welcome to the Forums, a great place to get practically any yoyo question answered. What are you throwing in 2021?

4 Likes

I am throwing a shutter. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Lucky of you to stumble into here, it’s a great place!

3 Likes

Welcome.

Your name suggests you are/were in the Air Force, is that the case?

kgb

1 Like

Well, I want to go into the Airforce as a mechanic but I can’t yet.

2 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is Alexander and I picked up a yoyo again 3 months ago.
Threw a bit in my teens (90’s) then interest kind of tapered off for almost 20 years. My kids dug up my old throw (Yomega Saber Raider) and after throwing it for a couple of minutes thought "I bet I can get a better yoyo than this nowadays.

Lo and behold I could.

And it’s been a lot of fun ever since.

Outside of this hobby I spend a lot of time with my 5 kids. At work as a Software Test Analyst and in my other hobbies on the Judo mat and in my workshop as a knifemaker.

Current favorite throw is the MagicYoyo Focus in blue with rainbow rims.

Most recent trick I finally got (sort of) down after a few weeks of working on it is Magic Drop/Shockwave.

Looking forward to interacting with you guys.
Alexander

15 Likes

Welcome to the forums! It looks like you have been progressing pretty quickly, good job!

Glad to have you come back into the hobby, more people need to rediscover the joy of yoyoing.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yeah I take a couple of minutes to try something new every day. Best way to progress in my experience. Plus offcourse…practise whenever I have the chance.

2 Likes