Introduce Yourself!

Hello Brandon, welcome to the forum! What is your preferred style of play and what tricks were you working on?

3 Likes

Hi Marco, at the moment Iā€™m only learning 1A (slacks, and speed combos), but have fiddled with 5A. Recently learned Vector, and currently working on Brandon Vuā€™s Slack trick

3 Likes

Hello Everyone!
My name is Wachirawit and have been yoyoing for 4-5 years with a few breaks in between and then stopped for 6 years and now am back again!

Hoping of taking it more serious this time and maybe compete in the future.

11 Likes

Welcome to forums!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! That personal goal is a pretty tough one. Which surveillance do you prefer, the old one or the new one?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Glad that you have reinvigorated your interest in yoyos. Thatā€™s an awesome goal, we need to see more people here competing.

3 Likes

Thanks! Newer one for sure, feels faster and Iā€™m biased because I like the numbers 7075 over 6061. Both are great but the the newer one also gives me less fatigue after long play sessions :relaxed:

3 Likes

me tooā€¦ :slight_smile: That is like a part of my history! :kissing_heart:

Hey there! Iā€™ve been throwing since just before the pandemic. Itā€™s been a rewarding and meditative hobby for me during this time. I had a Duncan imperial as a kid in the 90s so when my son brought a NED yoyo home from school one day I went down the rabbit hole. I now have become a collector and have some tricks up my sleeve. Iā€™ve been mostly using andreā€™s vids on YYE, YouTube, and r/throwers to learn. Iā€™m excited to be here! My all time favorite throw is the One Drop Par Avion. Iā€™m currently trying to perfect yuuki slack (and other slack tricks). Happy to join this forum.

15 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Check out the YoTricks app as well so you can download the trick videos and learn anywhere!

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m an avid user of the yotricks ap too, but it was blanked on my original post so I edited it out. I didnā€™t want to break any rules here. Iā€™m newer to forums than I am to yoyos. Haha. Thanks for the welcome.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums, it will definitely inspire you and there are lots of great people here!

3 Likes

sick cute!!! I also have 8 kitties nowā€¦ rescued 4 kitties from the roadā€¦ a year ago, and now I have 8ā€¦

3 Likes

Hello my Name Is Felix. I am 46 years old and live in Germany.

I first came into contact with yoyos in the 1980s when the Duncan Wheels was very popular in our area.
Nobody could do advanced tricks with it, but as a kid you had to own one!

After throwing Sleeper and Forwardpass in the schoolyard for a while, I got bored.
I started to ride Skateboards and BMX. Later also downhill and freeride MTB.

In 2010, after health problems and accidents, the doctor told me I had to stop.
So I looked for a less dangerous hobby that required a little skill.

I found an old toy yoyo somewhere in the house. I threw it and it was terrible! Felt like a piece of cottonwool on a string! But after 3 tries I was able to do something like a looping trick and had a smile on my face.
I went to the city and searched the stores for a Duncan Wheels. I didnā€™t find any.
At the end of the week I owned a Yoyo Master Red Phoenix, a Henrys Lizard and a Yoyofactory Fast 201.
I had also met a guy who had been throwing for a long time. He gave me an old X-con and taught me basics.

I started throwing almost every day and although I made very slow progress after the basics, I had a lot of fun.
After some years, I felt increasing pain in my hands and took a break for about 7 years.

A few days ago I found one of my yoyos cleaning up and just had to throw it! It was a wonderful feeling! I spoke to my physiotherapist, who gave me tips on relieving the strain on the joints and tendons and said as long as I donā€™t feel pain I should throw.
So iĀ“m back :smiley:

15 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

6 Likes

Welcome back!!

5 Likes

Welcome back! What a journey to get to this point! Hopefully youā€™ll be able to continue throwing for the long term!

3 Likes

Hi!

Iā€™m a newb. Iā€™ve been throwing for a bit over a month now. I used to play when I was a kid, then a bit as an adolescent, and Iā€™m revisiting now after watching Evan Nagaoā€™s winning worldā€™s performance and subscribing to r/throwers for a while.

I picked up a Butterfly XT while I waited on my First Base, then quickly moved on to an MK-1 Contact! Iā€™ve mostly been active on discord, but Iā€™m branching out into the community and becoming more involved. Iā€™m just now getting the hang of unresponsive, but Iā€™m looking forward to learning more.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you here! Hope youā€™ll find the forums to be a fun place to hang out!

4 Likes

Hey everybody Iā€™m Gianni I am a yo-yo and kendama player. And my goal is to one day compete in competitive yo-yoing and try to be the very best player that I can be but in the meantime I continue to practice every day and try to learn something new. Also I have been yo-yoing for about 3 years now and Iā€™m constantly trying to create something new with my yo-yos in ways I never thought of before. also i am new here and please be patient with me while I get familiar with the site if you have any questions feel free to let me know I can help :wink: :+1:t2: Sincerely (yoyogeek 15 ) (aka Gianni)

18 Likes