Introduce Yourself!

Yeah

Hey guys Iā€™m new here. Iā€™m 40 and started throwing about 6 years ago and got up to Kwijibo and then just kind of fizzled. I picked it back up about 4 months go and started growing my collection as Iā€™ve improved. Iā€™ve just gotten to the point of landing Spirit Bomb consistently and working on the Hook next. Really struggling to see how I go from learning these individual tricks to flowing like all these awesome people I see on youtube and instagram. Iā€™m loving it and donā€™t see myself giving it up again. Nice to meet all of you.

My beginner collection for anyone interested.

YYF Shutter
YYF Shutter Wide
YYFElement
iYoyo Iceberg
OD VTwo (favorite so far)
OD Overture
OD Sugar Glider
OD Free Solo
Golden Hour Ridgeline (on the way)

14 Likes

Welcome to the forums. Youā€™re definitely throwing a lot of great yoyos.

4 Likes

Hello all. My name is Lucas Wood and I started yoyoing when I was 14 and put it down a few years ago and just now getting back into it strongly, still got all my old yoyos, some I even traded and bought in these forums. I love collecting, trading and trying new yoyos. My favorite yoyo is the Atlas and Iā€™ve been throwing it lately, canā€™t wait to get better with it and see what other throwers are trying and working on.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Welcome, @dlowry81, @YOYOBOUNTY, and @ZeroKool!

3 Likes

Welcome!

Well yeah,
my name is Samir, a Physics student from Germany/Morocco.
i started yoyoing around 14 years ago ( 2007) and was kidna active in the yoyo community. starting 2015 or 16 i kinda started to be inactive due to my studies but i never stopped yoyoing.
some of you who knew kingyostar, BreakbeatYo or Arabyoyo might know me ( or not xD) , i used to make some yoyo videos including reviews, tutorials and promotional videos . so now i am back being a bit active again and i hope my activities might increase in future.
Some of my favourite yoyo companies are : onedrop, c3 and a few others. but currently i am little onedrop fanboii (screams like a fangirl ) and i currently play with my sugarglider and code1 ( amazing throws).
since i am a bit of an oldschool player i need to catch up again with the current meta of yoyoing and see all the new talents that are poping off in the community.

i hope i can make some new good yoyo friends around the world.
hit me up on facebook ( Samir Elotmani )

so thats my part of an introduction. see ya around guys/girls

cheers

11 Likes

Hi, my name is Derick. Born in the USA Iā€™ve been in yoyoing for a little over a year now and itā€™s currently another one of my side hobbies. I started throwing at 2019 World Scout Jamboree at the Duncan booth and I was hooked. Started with a 2012 style red barracuda and then got a windrunner the very next day. Iā€™m trying to learn new things in my free time but school is busy at the moment. I learned my first tricks with Chris Chunn and others while at WSJ and had an amazing time.
I found out about Yoyo Expert through their tutorials on Youtube and soon found they had an online store. After that I got myself my first Bimetal, an orbital GTX. After that I got a GTR beta and had a ball with that. Lets just say I like my Duncanā€™s.
Current: Barracuda, Windrunner, Orbital GTX, GTR beta, Uppercut, KO, Shutter

11 Likes

Hey everyone my name is Max, I have been throwing off an on since 2007 or 2008. Iā€™ve been spending a lot of time re-learning and learning new tricks in the last month so its been a blast. My other hobbies range from drift cars to photography to audio. Hope to keep learning and having fun with everyone!

11 Likes

Hi, my name is Shlomit, aka The Yoyo Lady. Iā€™ve bin yoyoing for few months now on and off, and after a short break going back to it with the intension of being more serious. Iā€™m not you typical yoyo player, being female and not on the young side but I have found the yoyo community to be very inclusive and welcoming. I like responsive yoyos and hope to be good at looping some day and to do some modern responsive stuff but just now I still work on the very basics. I like light and flowty yoyos (i just dont know how to spell flowty) I think my current favorite is Iyoyo Passion. I have descovered Yoyoexperts looking for Duncan butterfly XT 2019, having the older version as my first yoyo and hearing the newer version is better. They were the only one that had it. I still love my older lighter version bestā€¦

16 Likes

Welcome!

XT is certainly nice for the price. If you are looking for a really light responsive yoyo, the Legend Wing is another nice one to check out.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes, I have the Wing, nice yoyo and I like the regular legend even more. Another favoirte is Duncan Pulse, yes light are really cool but also the way it plays. this one is acturally a bit heavy in comparison to looping yoyos. I also have the moonshine and weekender but have to admit that i havnā€™e played with them yet. I buy way too much and way ahead of my skills. lol

9 Likes

Welcome to the Forums! Iā€™m glad you joined. Age makes no difference here. Iā€™m 54. Skill level should not determine what you buy. They all spin the same, itā€™s what you do with them that matters. Weā€™re all on the same journey.

5 Likes

Welcome to the newer folks! YYE is an excellent source of info and a gateway to an out of control yoyo collection.

6 Likes

Hey, JT here!, just touching base and saying hey. Started yoing in the late 60ā€™s and then on and off till the mid 90ā€™s and started collecting vintage yoyos as well. Brain Twister is the most tech trick i have pulled off. Glad to be a part!:call_me_hand:

15 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s a lot of years! Welcome to the forums. Brain Twister is / was the gateway trick for a whole lot of us. Having fun is what Yoyo is all about!

4 Likes

Welcome, @JohnnyT123 ! Braintwister was my most impressive trick when I got back into the game about a year and a half agoā€¦ And itā€™s still a favorite!

3 Likes

Lol!!! , from what Iā€™ve seen you ainā€™t kidding. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

Welcome.
Strange to say that beeing here like 5 minutes myselfā€¦
Still working on my Brain Twister. Like it a lot.

5 Likes