Introduce Yourself!

Hello! My name is 100FatYoyoDads, and I got into Yoyoing about a week ago. The Yoyo I have is a random brand off of amazon, magic Yoyo v3, it was a 15 dollar aluminum one with a kk bearing. My best trick(s) are double or nothing and split the atom. I am currently learning the 1.5 side mount and struggling a lot. If anyone could give me some tips, that would be great!

14 Likes

Hey dude. Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

1.5 mount is one that you use frequently so it’s a good one to get good at.
My 1 advice would be to try and practice from the end of cold fusion so you can bounce in and out of it many times over a short period of time in 1 throw.

I talk about it here in n a video I made for someone else but the same applies. I think I talk about 1.5 around 4min mark.

3 Likes

Greetings, I am James Anderson. I’m just a kid (for now) and I love yoyos and yoyo-ing. I love researching yoyos and learning the history of the yo. I’ve been involved with yoyos for 5 months and see no signs of stopping. I use the YYF shutter Wide Angle, and the YYF Grind Machine. My favourite yoyo players are Evan Nagao, Dylan Kowalski, and Gentry Stein. I look forward to contributing to,

and exploring these forums.

10 Likes

Welcome! What’s your best trick?

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Cal, some people call me Cai. I just joined here a few weeks ago, but somehow missed this thread. Sorry I’m late! I’m a 30 year old teacher, and I started throwing about a year ago. I somehow got roped into teaching semi-regular yoyo classes at my school, and enjoy sharing my hobby and helping newbies. I am also glad my husband doesn’t judge me for collecting yo-yos!

7 Likes

@velocitydog & @Jerm_Not_Jerm

Welcome to the forum, I hope you guys gave a good time :slight_smile:

We don’t judge for collecting yoyos either :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Matias. I’m an old guy (50 YO) who used to yoyo when I was a teenager. Just fixed axle throws. Nowadays I live in France, where my 9 YO daughter has taken an interest in yoyoing (there’s a French cartoon called Ladybug where the lady hero throws a yoyo). I am starting to discover the new world of yoyoing with bearings and all that jazz. Man has yoyoing changed in the last 30 years!
Just startign with a cheapo yoyo I bought at a local toy store.

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Time to get some yoyos. There are lots of affordable yoyos for beginners. Just ask here and you will get 30 recommendations per day. Good doesn’t have to mean expensive either. It’s hard to buy a bad yoyo nowadays unless it costs $1.

6 Likes

my sister watches that on netflix as well :rofl:
welcome to the forums!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum

5 Likes

Welcome, Europe yoyo scene is growing quite a bit now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Gary and I’m very new at yo-yoing. I’m working on looping now and binds. Found out about YoYoExpert when I did a search for a YoYo case to put my stuff in and found one there I liked.

8 Likes

welcome to the forums!

3 Likes

Welcome aboard. We’re not all YoyoExperts here so feel free to ask questions. No question is silly either. We’re all at different levels and we’re all learning.

5 Likes

Welcome Gary, hope you enjoy this hobby!

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome. Just started this hobby, I don’t like to call it a hobby because my wife thinks I have too many hobbies now. I can see this will be a fun journey learning and now I see collecting yoyo’s too. My new case has only twelve holes and I’m thinking that will get filled up fast. So far I have a Fizz, The Sage, The Oracle, Horizon and a Warbird.

10 Likes

Enjoy your spiritual journey :joy:

We are all addicts here haha

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum

3 Likes

I have the first 3 and three and they are terrific yoyos! I learned looping on an Oracle. Learned my first intermediate trick (Brain Twister) on a Sage. The Fizz is an all-around fun yoyo.

4 Likes

I totally agree with all you have said. I’m about a week into looping and some days I’m ok with it and others it goes haywire on me. I’m thinking it’s like tying a necktie, if you think about it it doesn’t work and when you don’t it works. Does that sound right?

6 Likes