Introduce Yourself!

(ChrisFrancz) #6246

Hi all,
I was here from Sept. 2018 until Feb. 2019. Quit the Forum and deleted my profile. I’m back for good. Never stopped throwing and working on my frontstyle. I sincerely apologize to the friends I made here…for quitting without a word.

15 Likes

why did you leave in the first place?

3 Likes
(Jacob Waugh) #6248

Yoo, do sidestyle, please!

3 Likes
(ChrisFrancz) #6249

At this time it does not interest me that much and this is talk for a topic about styles. I don’t want to sidetrack the Introduce Yourself thread.

5 Likes

Welcome back! Feel free to bounce the frontstyle topic any time!

4 Likes
(Evan Brown) #6251

Hi my name is Evan, I’m 23 and I’ve been yoyoing since high school, I’ve only ever learned a few basic tricks because as much as I loved throwing I just never really had the time or money to get into the good stuff so I just sort of stopped for a couple years. In the past couple months I’ve been working on improving my basic skills and finally got a shutter to learn with and I’m making so much more progress than I was with cheap yo-yos. I have a few other hobbies including programming, gardening, and building things. My goal is to compete in and hopefully one day win worlds. My primary interest in joining the forum is to keep motivated and to keep up to date with the goings on of the yo-yo community. I look forward to making new friends and learning new tricks.

11 Likes
(ChrisFrancz) #6252

Welcome to the community! You’ve got a Friend in Pennsylvania (no relation to Transylvania)!

3 Likes
({John15}) #6253

What’s up homie, glad to see you back :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes
(Evan Landreneau) #6254

My name is Evan too! :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello glad to see you have returned!

2 Likes

Hey! Really glad to see you back!

1 Like

Hey folks, just another 30 something getting back into it. I have some very rudimentary 1a skills, looking to take up some 5a. This seems like a great place to absorb some knowledge. Hope to see y’all around.

15 Likes

Welcome!! @KudoDriver

2 Likes
({John15}) #6260

Hello and welcome!

1 Like
(ZAC) #6261

Hello, my name is Zac. I am rolling up on my 2 year anniversary for using this forum and throwing in general. I have never introduced myself, I am a procrastinator, I guess now is the time.
I am 30 and just a casual player. I dont have a grasp on complex tricks but I do have the basics down quite smoothly. Just recently started a new career, on 3rd shift. My throwing has declined as a result but I am still at it.

@ChrisFrancz I am very pleased to see your return!

7 Likes
(Thomas Bellotti) #6262

@ChrisFrancz We’re all happy to have you back brother.

You were missed when you left. If you wanna talk about anything that caused your departure, feel free to let us know. But you don’t owe anyone an explanation if it’s not something you feel like talking about

We’re just glad to see you back dude. You were a great part of the community, and I’m personally happy to have you contributing again.

See you around homie :slight_smile:

4 Likes
(Nic Surgnier) #6263

Hi.

My [expletive] coworker re-introduced me to throwing. It has been 15+ years and I have never thrown an unresponsive…

So here I am, with a handful of throws en route (that won’t arrive for like another week… ugh)… But excited to be here.

15 Likes
(Dan) #6264

I’m the… ahem… guy Nic is referring to :blush:. No regrets convincing him to buy fun toys.

I used play responsive a lot back when I was younger but fell out of the hobby sometime in high school. I stumbled across one of my old yoyos in a dusty box about six weeks ago and couldn’t put it down. One thing led to another and now I’m dragging my coworkers into the hobby!

I’m thoroughly enjoying the unresponsive yoyos that I’ve picked up in the last couple of weeks. I’ve been spending quite a bit of time watching the how-to videos from yoyoexpert and another site with a great youtube channel. So far it’s been great fun and my wife doesn’t mind (much).

11 Likes

@nsurgnie @gomanual welcome welcome :pray:t3:

5 Likes
(Brad) #6266

Hello! I’m Brad I’m 36 and still have a thing for yo-yos. I am planning on getting a couple when we do to Disney here in late summer! I was around during the huge yo-yo boom in the 90s

14 Likes