Introduce Yourself!

I’m sixteen too! enjoy the learning curve and learn as many tricks as you can!

2 Likes

Hi I’m Stephanie and I’m a yoyo hobbyist. I am on other forms of social media, but really starting to get into the forums here now. I have been throwing for about 5 years, but really got more into it in '15. I am an intermediate player. The hardest trick I know is candy rain and I am lvl 42 on the Level Up system. I am an Ancient player (so deemed by the recent Clash of the Ancients contest). I have about 70 yoyos, but I have been fortunate to find lots of good deals, have won a few random freebies, and I worked for yoyos doing some editing for YoYo Sam. In other words I don’t spend a whole lot and rarely buy new.
I enjoy many aspects of yoyoing including making string and display cases. But mostly the community. I also started a traveling mystery box through Facebook called #ThrowitForward.
I originally found yoyoexpet as my go to for trick tutorials and ordered my first real you from them a YYF One.
You can find me on IG!
Also, I live in Alabama (wish I didn’t) with no local throwers.

18 Likes

Hi there. I have been in the yo-yo game since 1999 so this is my twentieth year yo-yoing. Although I not new to yo-yoing but this is my first time on this forum. My main style is Single-A but I enjoy 5a from time to time. I have about 100 different yo-yos ranging from Yomega, Buzz-on, Duncan, Yo-yoJam to the current ones such as SF and Unspoken. I’m from Georgia. In my twenty years in the community, I have earned 2 GA state championships, top 3 in regionals and top 3 one year at N.C states. Yo-yoing is something a truly love and has done a great deal in my life and it a pleasure to share that gift with others.

15 Likes

Awesome, welcome! If you’ve been throwing since 1999 you are an O.G.!

4 Likes

Most Definitely!

2 Likes

Hello all, long time lurker here(since yoyo nation) but im trying to get out of that phase. My name is shannon, 25 years old.Been throwing since middle school but stopped, picked up the hobby again after high school when i had money to buy higher end throws. stopped again since i worked full time.Found it more fun to trade and collect, but slowly…very slowly learning more advandced tricks…
What i love about our little niche community is that, everybody is polite and willing to help each other out. ya kow mutual respect something you don’t see a lot of down in south florida.(not a lot of thrower down here either.) But once you do show that one cool trick you can inspire another .

Now about to join the coast guard.i want to get back in to the hobby again so i have something to do if i get shipped out on cutters. so like the toy i’ve had my ups and downs. so hopefully i’ll get to be part of this community even after shipping out after basics.

14 Likes

Welcome aboard future puddle jumper, from a semi salty jarhead.

3 Likes

Welcome @Ant.G! We are having a yo meet up this weekend in Atlanta. Hit me or @Myk_Myk up if your interested. We’d be honored to have a GA champ in attendance.

5 Likes

Awesome. I plan on coming through this weekend. Michael Cady told me about the meet up this Sunday.

3 Likes

Great, can’t wait to see you again, Ant!

2 Likes

Hey Im Taylor. I had an account here under the username sstaylor.

I am looking to sell some of my stuff.

Ive been yoyoing for like 6 or 7 years now :smiley:

7 Likes

Welcome back! Did you want to merge your old and new accounts? Let me know, I can help, I’m the forum janitor!

3 Likes

Heyoo, I’m eli. I threw for fun when i was a in middle school, I think my last yoyo then was an x-brain. Just randomly thought about yoyoing a couple weeks ago and it seems I’ve given in to the mental quick sand. So here I am! I came over specifically for the BST, but also to join the community and hopefully learn a thing or two and get some sage advice. Just got my first throw of the modern age yesterday, and Im loving the wedge. But Im already drooling over all of your used throws in BST, so expect to see me lurking.

15 Likes

Hi all,
I was here from Sept. 2018 until Feb. 2019. Quit the Forum and deleted my profile. I’m back for good. Never stopped throwing and working on my frontstyle. I sincerely apologize to the friends I made here…for quitting without a word.

18 Likes

why did you leave in the first place?

4 Likes

Yoo, do sidestyle, please!

4 Likes

At this time it does not interest me that much and this is talk for a topic about styles. I don’t want to sidetrack the Introduce Yourself thread.

7 Likes

Welcome back! Feel free to bounce the frontstyle topic any time!

5 Likes

Hi my name is Evan, I’m 23 and I’ve been yoyoing since high school, I’ve only ever learned a few basic tricks because as much as I loved throwing I just never really had the time or money to get into the good stuff so I just sort of stopped for a couple years. In the past couple months I’ve been working on improving my basic skills and finally got a shutter to learn with and I’m making so much more progress than I was with cheap yo-yos. I have a few other hobbies including programming, gardening, and building things. My goal is to compete in and hopefully one day win worlds. My primary interest in joining the forum is to keep motivated and to keep up to date with the goings on of the yo-yo community. I look forward to making new friends and learning new tricks.

13 Likes

Welcome to the community! You’ve got a Friend in Pennsylvania (no relation to Transylvania)!

5 Likes