Introduce Yourself!

You’re in for a world of fun!

5 Likes

Hi there!

My name is Parker, and I’m a stop motion animator in Los Angeles. I messed around with yo-yos a bit when I was a kid(shout out to Yomega Fireball and Fast 201), then a little over a year ago the company I was working for gave everyone a yo-yo and I decided to look into it again. It is bonkers ridiculous how far these things have come. Bought a DV888 and landed my first trapeze, a feat I thought was impossible when I was younger!

I fell off the wagon a couple months later, but now I’ve found this forum and I’m ready to dive back in. Got a First Base and Colossus IV coming my way, and I’m determined to get to unresponsive! Excited to absorb everything on this forum in the meantime!

7 Likes

Welcome! You will be happy going unresponsive!

3 Likes

Hi Nick! Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks. Looking forward to the journey.

2 Likes

Hold on, how?

1 Like

Edit your user preferences

1 Like

Like he said. ^^

1 Like

Are you still throwing and in Salem? Because I am in Salem and I try to do a monthly yoyo in the park meet up. This post is old though so you probably won’t see this, but I thought I’d try.

2 Likes

Hello,
My name online is hydrona. I’m a decent yoyo player . I live in Belgium, and am 25 years old. After some months , I decided to pick up My wooden spin tops again. They are both very great to play with!
Favorite trick? Curently, That would be the plastic whip! I felt so happy when I figured it out how to do it. It’s also my favorite trick to show People who don’t yoyo. They always look amazed!
Found this forum when searching for a good yoyo/spin top forum i could join.

5 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

What part of Massachusetts are you in? We have yoyo classes and club meet ups in the western part of the state! :blush:

7 Likes

Southeastern, about 20 minutes from Providence. I’d love to take a trip out to the store and I’ve been debating on dragging my wife to Mass States. I’m about 1.5-2 hours away, which isn’t that bad.

5 Likes

Your very close to me, Norton MA. I took my wife and 2 of my kids this past year to MA States. She was not very interested, until I took her. Now she understands it a bit more and is more supportive. Not interested in throwing at all, but at least supporting me more. But I think she might just have a crush on Graeme.

6 Likes

Yeah, my wife was crushing on Graeme too. I’m from Somerset and went in October to MA states, it was fun. I really liked the food at Riff’s. I will definitely be going again this year.

4 Likes

My name is Jared. I’m a photographer and a graphic designer.

I’m new to the forum and to yoyo’s. It’s not that I’ve never owned a yoyo, it’s just that all the ones I owned were dangerous. I really like yoyo’s because of my grandfather. When I was young my grandmother would babysit me after school. I remember my grandfather pulling out a yoyo every so often and doing what at the time were the most amazing tricks I’d ever seen. Even with my worst yoyo’s he could at least walk the dog. Now at 70 I’m sure he can still show me a thing or two with a responsive yoyo. My family jokes, “You know you wouldn’t be playing with that yoyo if we were at Nanny’s. Paposito would have already taken it from you!”

He grew up on the ranch having to teach himself. I however, happily accepted the help from Yoyoexpert! After I got my first bearing yoyo (Duncan Pro Z) I was hooked. I discovered the Yoyoexpert YouTube channel and it helped me develop my first tricks. I sold some pocket knives and bought my first three “real yoyo’s” (YYJ Surge, YYF DV888 and OD Benchmark O) and gave my little sister my Duncan.

It has been a super fun journey so far, bruised knuckles and all. Thank you all for being so inviting!

15 Likes

Welcome Jared! Glad to hear you caught the bug! Even more stoked to see you here, I hope you stick around :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hello all! I go by Venus online, I came here from r/throwers. I am currently in high school (16), and bought my first real yoyos earlier today! So far I have the Protostar and Spinstar in the mail, and one of my school friends has an old butterfly that they plan to give to me as a (surprise) present. I hope to get better and interact with a lot of you!

14 Likes

Welcome! The learning curve can be pretty frustrating, but once you get some basics down it’ll get easier.

3 Likes

What learning curve??:yum:

3 Likes