Introduce Yourself!

Nice to meet ya. What kind of Kawasaki?

1 Like

You wanna fight bro? Haha, just kidding. Welcome!

It’s kind of long, but this article is a pretty interesting read.

Our trust system means that the community builds a natural immune system to defend itself from trolls, bad actors, and spammers — and the most engaged forum members can assist in the governance of their community. We put a trash can on every street corner with a simple, low-friction flagging system. Positive behaviors are encouraged through likes and badges. We gently, constantly educate members in a just-in-time manner on the universal rules of civilized discourse.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m the only uncivilized discourser here. They let me stay because I’m mostly quiet.

7 Likes

People here are pretty nice without many clashes unless you bring up the DV888. Welcome back to throwing! Glad you joined us.

3 Likes

I was nice once, just once, moved to uncivilized discourser! :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

A 2007 ZZR600, basically an older rebadged zx6r, pretty bare bones bike but I love it :smiley:
[EDIT] Just had to add although I ride a sport bike I’m not a sport bike snob, I’ve ridden cruisers and upright half faired bikes, I have love for all forms of motorcycle, I do not discriminate.

1 Like

Haha yeah I already read through that dv888 thread, I have to admit it was a little entertaining lol :grin:

3 Likes

Yep… I was on the side which thought the DV888 was good. I still am, for that matter…

3 Likes

Ok so I guess introductions are in order hello everybody my name is Chris. I’m 37 I started throwing yoyos about 10 months ago, I am completely addicted, I started the old way, some people say the proper way idk, but I started with nothing but responsive yo-yos at first learned how to throw again cuz I did have a Duncan butterfly when I was like in 11th grade but that was like 1998 LOL anyway so I started with responsive playing and got the basics down and you know I guess I moved onto unresponsive maybe 3 months ago I can see why a lot of people skip the responsive and go right unresponsive because you know how many times I’ve cut myself from smacking the yoyo my face or almost knocking my teeth out flowing through my window or TV hahaha, other than that, I’ve been playing guitar for 22 years I was in for bands biggest accomplishment with that was playing the Trocadero in Philadelphia for a battle of the bands for WMMR and the winner was going to open for Coldplay I’m not a big fan of Coldplay on my fan of playing in front of 80,000 people but we didn’t even come close to winning good memories tho, it seems like everyone is very chill, respectful, I’m here to learn, communicate, trade secrets lol idk what else to say, thanks you for welcoming me in!! Here’s to 2019!!#yoyoerforlifenow

7 Likes

Glad you’re hear. The Troc? You live in Philly? I live 2.15 hours north in the Poconos. I used to listen to WMMR in the 80’s.

2 Likes

Actually in South South Jersey, 15 from the stadium’s

3 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:
I’m Simon, Yoyoing for a little bit more than two and a half years now, my first and only competition until now were German Nationals where I placed eleventh. Having a few original tricks but not too many, my style is currently dominated by speed, suicides, lacerations and other people’s tech :wink: Insp mainly Evan Nagao, Iori Yamaki, Zach Gormley and Andrew Maider. Instagram: @sd_yoyo
So that’s me, hope to see some of you in the future :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome from Pennsylvania, USA. I’m glad you’re here!

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m Jed. I used to throw a lot of yoyo’s back in the late 90’s - early 00’s. I recently stumbled across my box of a dozen or so old yoyo’s, and got back to playing with them for the first time in about 15 years. That got me wondering what yoyo’s were like today, and not long after I found this forum.

I’ve been lurking for a couple weeks, and been on a new yoyo buying spree: shutter wide, horizon ultra, sf bliss, sf conflict, edge beyond, hummingbird, and most recently a g2 marvel, a puffin 2 and a flash. It’s amazing to see how far the technology and kinds of tricks people can pull off have come. Today’s slack play, grinds, finger spins and horizontal tricks completely blow my mind. I’m so glad to be back!

9 Likes

Welcome back!

2 Likes

My name is Matt, I’m in NW Wisconsin. I was active in the yo-yo community in the late 90s-early 2000s. I am just getting back into things now. I’m in my mid-40s and have a 5 year old son that is interested in yo-yos. I still have my collection of yo-yos from then. A lot of Duncan Freehands (first gen), YYJ SpinFaktors, Super SpinFaktors, Bumble Bees, Cold Fusion, Tom Kuhn. I’m currently hucking a first gen modded Duncan Freehand, a Buzz-On Element X, and a SpinFaktor. I just trying to learn the new to me, unresponsive play style. That was just starting up, when I left the hobby. So far, I’ve having fun, but also realizing that the level of play is high now.

6 Likes

LOL who gave you that title? Do you know one of the mods here?

1 Like

I did. :joy: No, I don’t know anyone.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! I have a Raider and Fireball and would like to mod them for unresponsive but have no idea where to start. I have a kit from Duncan with all sorts of spacers, etc. It’s great you are back into throwing!

2 Likes

Hi, I live in the UK, 32 with two boys 10 and 8. I was there for the 90s yoyo boom and had such great fun doing it. After recently stumbling across a comp video on youtube i cant believe how much it has evolved. Its like a whole new scene. I picked up a yoyofactory one and the fast201 at a local toy store but have an order for a shutter which im still waiting to arrive. My boys are also showing a slight interest. All the best and have a great day.

7 Likes