Introduce Yourself!

Yeah those trick illustrations are very vague, thankfully yoyo expert has some great videos and making it substantially easier to figure out. Thanks for the welcome

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome John, my daughter is ten, sheā€™s my eldest and seems to pick up a lot of it easier than us men in the house, lol, she is a natural at almost everything she does. But me and my boys are still having lots of fun with it and hopefully will start making progress as the weeks go by

1 Like

What yoyos are your children learning on?

My daughter has a YYF Replay and both of my boys have a YYF one

1 Like

Thatā€™s good. I got that trick book with a Duncan Imperial and I was so lost.

1 Like

I got the book with a Duncan pro z I got from Walmart.

1 Like

Donā€™t let the kids take it apart without you thereā€¦all the pieces! Oh, the pieces!

2 Likes

:joy:hahaha i heard that!!!

2 Likes

This sounds like a lot of fun! My oldest is 5 and she has a small yoyo collection (pulse and first base) but sheā€™s a little small to yoyo well. Itā€™s hard when youā€™re super tiny and need to use a really short string! Doesnā€™t give much room for error!

5 Likes

I hear you, my youngest son is 6 and he struggles, I made the mistake of cutting his Yoyo string to what I thought would be his length, and it made it pretty much unusable, now I keep his strings longer and he plays off the side of the stairs or the couch.

1 Like

Ah, yeahā€¦ thatā€™s why it erupted the first time, losing an axleā€¦ good now though

2 Likes

Hello. My name is Tyler. Iā€™m currently using an Avant Garde I got back in 2011. I have been yoyoing with year long breaks every now and then since 2006. And this yoyo is the only remaining one of my collection. Looking to get a newer wheel here soon tho. This is my longest break since ive been back and i see yoyoing so differently now. Itā€™s been a blast and am looking forward to yoyoing for a long while again :slight_smile: been working on some fancy new tech stuff I learned that came from Kierian Cooper and Takeshi Matsurda. Iā€™m awful at spelling and probably those names are unrecognizable. Sorry.

4 Likes

Heyā€¦ lol first timer here. My name is Keyshawn but everyone calls me Keychainz or HouseKeys. Iā€™ve been yoyoing for about 5years now, and yeah one of my favorite yo-yos is the Clyw Compass. I kinda found out about yoyoexpert by accident. Soā€¦ yeah

7 Likes

Howdy! Welcome!

Oh, and how have you been yoyoing for 5 years, and just found YYE by accident? Lol

2 Likes

Well I started around 2013 like off and on for yoyoing, and I wanted to order a yoyo one day so I just typed ā€œyoyoā€ and yoyoexpert was like the first result lol

4 Likes

Oh, nice. So, did you order a yoyo?

Yeah I got the yeti

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Iā€™m from Pennsylvania.

Hi, Iā€™m Ettore and I was a modder.
Have a nice day

8 Likes

Was a modder?

2 Likes