Introduce Yourself!

Welcome Andrew, I’m pretty new here too. Followed you on IG! (makeshift_media)

1 Like

Awesome! This is what I love most about throwing - is when people who used to throw re-discover and get back into it!!! The best! Welcome back @deep-spaced!

2 Likes

Followed ya back! Thanks man!

1 Like

Such a cool world! Thanks for putting this part of it together, Andre!

36 and this will be my 2nd time getting into yo-yoing. I buy them every time I go to Disney and I have a few different types for string tricks and looping. Just bought my son a hornet and a Butterfly XT! He’s 8 and wants to learn as well.

6 Likes

I have the same problem there is no yoyo anything near me :frowning:

3 Likes

New here to the forums so I just wanted to drop in and say HI! My name is Tim, I have been throwing for almost 3 years. I consider myself very active in the Yoyo community. I am frequently on the Facebook pages and Instagram. On Facebook I am the founder of a group called Throw Therapy that centered on discussion and support for mental health in the yoyo community. I am the proud owner of @ladyluckyoyostring on Instagram and my personal Instagram account is @tim.card19. Glad that I can expand into a new community and meet new throwers!

7 Likes

Welcome! Happy to have you aboard. :smiley:

Why hello there! Thanks man!

1 Like

Good to see you over here on the forums!

1 Like

And who might you be sir?

Ummm, ya know we do have a topic called Introduce Yourself!

Sorry, did not notice that

Welcome to the forums! Very cool on that group you run @timcard19! Much respect! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Thank you sir

Hey, I’m Chris, up until last month it was about 12 yrs since I had played yo-yo. I mean I had a dragonfly I played with occasionally but nothing serious. I stumbled upon and ig post, and what can I say curiousity took hold (I was a child in the 90s so needless to say yo-yo has a special place). So I bought a heist thinking I would use it to pass time when out and about. The heist is a steep learning curve considering I left off on a hitman that saw little use as teen interest took hold. My fiancé who has never seen me sit still for more then 20 minutes (ADHD) was blown away that my focus remained for hours. So she bought a Horizon ultra (first experience with modern yo-yo) as a gift. I soon discovered OD with the 5000qv. I am blown away by yo-yo today! I recently found the parlay and it seems like a winner to me! I am having more fun than I could remember with yo-yo. The community seems super friendly. I look forward to growing my skill set (when I have time). Thanks for keeping the community alive so a guy can get back into the hobby.

4 Likes

Yeah LOL me too. I got a small steel yo-yo early on to play with (also the Heist) and it’s… challenging. Definitely something you want to do a bit later after you’ve fully mastered unresponsive binds and basic unresponsive tricks!

Ya that is what I figured out but thought might as well try, like I was going to be some yo-yo god.

I’m another old guy who misses yo-yoing. I have a little collection I keep most of on display in a glass curio in my bedroom. I had some typical grocery store Duncans as a kid and my grandma bought me one of the old Yomega “brain” yoyos when I was little but I didn’t really get into them until the late 90s when our local ice cream man started selling these cool ball bearing Spintastics which my friend I bought along with a “Splitting the Atom and Other Yo-Yo Stuff” book which we spent night after night going through learning on the driveway. I wound up getting into them again years later when all the unresponsive high-end metal ones came on the scene and learning a lot more tricks beyond that “Splitting the Atom” which seemed so impossible to me back in the day. I have been taking them out and playing with them every now and then since but miss learning new tricks and gawking at the newest latest and greatest yoyos. Although my wife did buy me a Terrarian not too long ago because I was playing the video game. :grin: I’m glad to be back!

4 Likes

Glad to have you back!