Introduce Yourself!

Wow, I’ve never used the YYE forums before. WHERE HAVE I BEEN FOR LITERALLY TEN YEARS

2 Likes

Hello all, I used to yoyo for about 4 years back in '09 or so, I stopped for a long while and made a new account since I forgot all my credentials. I’m having tons of fun! Feels good to be back.

5 Likes

Holy carp! I remember you too! I’m actually super surprised that anyone remembers me lol.

Hi I’m Quincy Adams and am from southern Utah! I’m 15 yrs old and have been yo-yoing for about 4 years now. I really enjoy the YYF Horizon and the Unprld Cognition. I’d love to meet some people here, and express my love for the yo-yo! Check out my IG @q__adams !

5 Likes

@qadams02 Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

Hi people.
I m Illu From Greece.
I saw my 2 daughters playing with a one-euro yoyo a month ago. I bought myself a yoyofactory fast201 and start to perform the easiest tricks i saw in the site. Then i bought a Magicyoyo Node for me and two YYF ONE for the kids. I have ordered a YYF Shutter and a Recess First Base and i hope to have them in about a week or so.
So a father of two, in his mid forties discovers yoyoing .
Be good

6 Likes

Howdy all. I haven’t touched a yoyo in close to forty years, and back then the new-fangled design was the original ProYo. That was the last yoyo I ever got for myself before losing interest and moving on to other things as a teenager.

Fast forward to just the other day when I stumbled upon a group buy page on MassDrop for a couple Yomega yoyos and their colorful patterns caught my attention and got me curious about the current state of the art in yoyos. That’s how I discovered this site.

And holy moly how the yoyo industry has grown! Whereas back in the day there was either Duncan or “the other guy”, now there are dozens of manufacturers making hundreds of models. Most of them all look the same to me, which makes it really hard to wade through them to find the best one for me to try and get back into the game. Hell, I didn’t even know about this whole “unresponsive” business until yesterday!

So I plan to plumb the depths of this site, do my research, get a decent starter throw, and try to learn some string tricks. Maybe I’ll get hooked again!

3 Likes

Wow, I had forgotten about this site! I was last active about 8 years ago. I don’t know why I quit posting, I suppose life got in the way but I was still yoyoing back then. I don’t think I’ve thrown a yoyo in over 5-6 years. A few weeks ago I got an email saying that the forum was updating or new or moving or something. That email caused me to pick up a yoyo for the first time in years and I started getting reacquainted with my Lyn Fury and my DV888. The years haven’t been kind and I’ve forgotten most of what I’d learned so I’m pretty much re-starting at square one. (Maybe more like square two! lol) To help kick up the excitement I’ve already ordered a new yoyo and plan on re-learning and learning new tricks. (1A stuff) I live in the upper midwest and I’m 50+ so I’m probably old enough to be a Dad to a lot of the people here. One of my favorite hobbies is singing and playing ukulele. Everyone should have one! It’s hard to be down and not smile when you’re playing the ukulele! I’m kind of excited about getting into yoyoing again. Hopefully I can push past the skill level I was at when I first got hooked!

3 Likes

Glad you found your way back. You and everyone may smile while you play the ukulele but I’m absolutely certain that my playing the ukulele would bring about much different results! lol

1 Like

:smile:
I can’t say that I’m all that great but I can strum out and sing a decent song. One thing cool about the ukulele community is that they are pretty welcoming and accepting. Judging from a lot of the videos I see out there, there are a LOT of people who fully embrace that acceptance and good will! lol Thanks for the welcome! I’m looking forward to playing with strings in a different way.

1 Like

Hello My name is Vidia, and I am from Indonesia.
I played yoyo since i was a kindergarten student with a traditional Indonesian wooden yoyo. But my yoyo journey doesn’t smooth as well. I get my first plastic yoyo when i was in the 4th grade of my elementary school, and i was stopped playing for a while when i was in junior high school until vocational school ( we called as Sekolah Menengah Kejuruan in my country). And i start again when i was graduated from my vocational school.

3 Likes

@VidiaOktavianisID So glad you found the yo again and glad you made it to YYE!

2 Likes

@skitrz I hope i can join the international yoyo competition. But the first i want to learn from the beginner actually i can do 11 tricks and i have to learn and practice more tricks.

My name is Tyler, and I currently live in SE Michigan. I only just recently got into yoyoing a couple months ago, unless you count my time with a Yomega Fireball as a kid in the 90s. I was at a Hobby Lobby or Pat Catan’s a couple months ago, don’t remember which, when i came across some $5 Duncan’s and grabbed myself a butterfly. After about 5 minutes I was hooked again, and knew I needed something that actually sleeps. I ended up ordering some piece of crap responsive yoyo on Amazon, which lead to finding out about the modern yoyoing world of unresponsive yoyos. Since then I’ve been throwing constantly, trying to learn and master new tricks every day, and I think I’ve been coming along okay. I’m planning to make a short clip of everything I’ve learned so far here soon. Glad to be part of such an awesome and welcoming community!

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m in SE Michigan as well.

1 Like

What area? I’m just outside Monroe. I’m actually looking to try and put together a club that gets together on a weekend date. I know there’s a club in Plymouth, but I can’t make it to their club meets due to my work schedule, so I wanted to try and start another one.

I’m in Bloomfield. Not many yoyoers around here sadly.

1 Like

That’s currently my problem, I’m the only yoyoer I actually know lol. Would be cool to meet more people into it.

Welcome Tyler! :blush:

1 Like

Howdy, all! I’m Andrew and I’m in the upstate of SC. I’ve been getting back into throwing after a long hiatus (14 years, I think?) and really enjoying it. Getting my Insta on at https://www.instagram.com/deep__spaced/ but no #trickcircle posts yet… We’ll see what happens.

Good to meet y’all!

2 Likes