Introduce Yourself!

hey I’m Jeffrey, I’ve been yoyoing for about 5 years, and just started thinking of competing, I’ve met Paul Harness and he’s been a real help with my tricks. I first met him at a rabbit show. (And yes they have shows for rabbits.) My favorite yoyo as of now is the TopYo Silenus, I also have the C3 VaporMotion, and the IceBreaker.

2 Likes

Hey all! My name is Cross Tolliver and I’ve been yoyoing for a long time now, but to be honest I’m still pretty awful at it hahaha. My favorite yoyo right now is the yoyofactory Horizon (Used to be Code 2), but I’m always looking for new favorites. My favorite trick are ones I came up with myself even though most of them don’t have a name. Man I need to get on that haha. Nice to meet yall. Throw on~

4 Likes

Hey Cross. Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hi! I’m, Zakai. Back in 2014 I got my first yoyo, the Yomega Spectrum. Ever since then, I’ve gained an interest in yoyoing. I’ve learned some advanced tricks and combos when I got out of my yoyoing hiatus in 2018. I currently own a Yoyojam Pinnacle (My personal favorite), Adegle Asteroid, and a Magicyoyo K5. I’m awaiting the delivery for a Vosun TiPower which I am very excited to start playing with. 5A is my most favorite yoyoing style even though I’m not very good at it. I’m very glad I have joined the community.

4 Likes

Hello, I’m a guy, 52, and I live near Stroudsburg, PA. Throwing for 3 years. Quit out of frustration for months at a time but am now on fire even though I learn very slowly. I am trying to find yo friends locally without any luck. Closest yoyo club is 2 1/2 hours away. I am very loyal to all things Yoyo Factory. My greatest wish is to make friends with an experienced thrower who can watch me and point out simple mistakes I am making that keep me from progressing. Currently using YYF Sage, Oracle, DV888, Replay, and Replay Pro. Feeling confident enough to show a few tricks to co-workers. Fave book right now: Yonomicon by Mark McBride. Scientific stuff!

4 Likes

Welcome! I hope you find someone.

1 Like

Thank you. Everyone in the forum comes across as having light years more skill than I will ever achieve and that is fine. I am happy because 3 weeks ago I could do very little and now I can do Brain Twister, Barrel Rolls, and Atomic Bomb along with a bunch of different mounts and reverse flips. If I can figure out just one trick, move or mount each week then I am pretty happy. One night I figured out Barrell Rolls and when I woke up the next morning it felt like Christmas morning…I was so happy! I really learned something that I considered TOO difficult to learn!

3 Likes

That’s awesome, welcome man. I love your enthusiasm. I think the most important thing is to just have fun. We can all get discouraged by looking at other people’s progress, but that’s okay. You don’t have to be them.

I tend to go through spurts of learning new tricks, and then I’ll stop learning new tricks for a while and just hone the ones that I already have under my belt. That way, I can actually put to use some of the things that I know and start building little combos with them. And then if I start to get bored, I’ll go hunt for something else to learn . That, to me equals fun.

3 Likes

Thank you! It means a lot to me that you responded! To outsiders, almost any skill level looks amazing. Just getting a tiny bit better each day gives me so much happiness and confidence that it spills over into every other area of my life. As nerdy as this sounds - I ordered the Yoyo Factory Adventure baseball hat because I am no longer embarassed to wear a yo brand because I can actually do something besides around the world. I hope I get to meet a beginner with no yo friend so I can save him or her months of frustration because videos are cool but in-person guidance is the most beneficial. Stay cool.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome! So are Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg PA the same or close? Because there’s a pretty good painter fella that lives (or at least used to) in East Stroudsburg. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are next to each other and a few miles from where I live. What kind of painter? He yos?

Nah he doesn’t Yoyo. Frank Frazetta is his name. Pretty famous in the comic book/fantasy art world.

2 Likes

Oh yes!

3 Likes

Oh no! He died?

Wow! His daughter, Heidi and my sister used to be friends and she used to come over our house. I met Frank at his house in 1984, my senior year in HS. He looked at my at my art portfolio. He was very nice, his wife too. Frank showed me a lot of his original paintings and watercolor sketches for new paintings. I had books of his paintings and never thought to bring them for him to autograph. It just seemed like a chance to meet my sister’s friend’s dad who was an amazing painting and amongst my favorite artists. The thought never crossed my mind. Duh! Imagine if I had a photo of the two of us? What was I thinking?

4 Likes

Now THAT’S a great story!

2 Likes

The Frazetta family lives in Florida. Most of them, I think. One son, Bill is still up here and runs Frazetta’s Fantasy Corner in East Stroudsburg which is a multi-floor costumes and stuff gallery. My sister and Heidi still keep in touch. This is going off topic for the community and I’ll probably get scolded. Sorry! There’s the direct message option for this off-topic stuff.

There’s also the #unrelated-discussion category! I seem to recall @jhb8426 wishing there were more posts there recently… if he wants to he can split out these replies and move them to a new topic over there!

1 Like

Thank you.

hey im relatively new here but ive been throwing for almost a year now. not anything good but w/e. collection is real small cause i dont control/handle my money lol

4 Likes