Introduce Yourself!

I’m not a stranger, just an old friend.

My name is Evan and I began to learn basic yoyo techniques when I was 14 about 5 years ago. After about 3 months, I found myself transitioning from different tricks and combos with ease and became a regular user on these forums on a separate account to start formulating my own tricks. I reached a plateau and began to repeat the same tricks over and over again that I had branched from other combos, and I did these for the rest of the 2013 year. I became lost and forgot why I started yoyoing in the first place.

4 years has gone by and I’m rekindling my desire to learn. I haven’t forgotten what I already know, but I have forgotten most of the terms used when in play. I hope the community accepts me back from all that time ago. If you all have any updates as far as terminology I would most definitely appreciate that.

Thanks all!

Iconix

Hello fellow throwers! I’m Nick, I’m 28 from the USA. I got into yo-yo’s again this last January after a friend of mine showed me some tricks. I’m still not very good, and about the most difficult trick I can do is a kwyjibo(?). I have gotten into yo-yo-ing hoping my kids would also join me, but they don’t appreciate it as much as I do, though they are young. I usually play 1a, though occasionally I’ll smack myself in the face with 5a. I have many throws, with my favorite being a topdeck and the dang 2 being a close second. I usually carry a couple yo-yos with me everywhere I go.

Hopefully I can learn from the rest of you and build some better tricks!

My name is Ryan and I have been yoyoing for about two years. I have not yet entered any contests, however, I am planning on entering my first soon. My favorite throws are the Nightmare and the Sensei. I wish to become one of the few American speed yoyoers!

Hello, I’m Sam. I have collected 12 really nice and expensive yoyos over the last month or so. Now I realize that with 2 cats, I cannot learn fancy tricks because the cats chase the string around and get in the way. A newbie with a flying yoyo and 2 cats are NOT a safe combo. My favorite trick is Around the World. Hey, i said I was a newbie.

Anyway, thanks for letting me join the real masters. I envy all of you who can work with an unresponsive yo-yo. I’m impressed with you all.

I am now going to post on the “Buy Sell Trade” so I can sell my entire collection. Please come and have a look.

I have a cat and we have a blast playing yoyo together. Are you getting out of the hobby altogether?

As it stands now, I am getting out. I found other things to collect that I can enjoy more. I’m just not as good as I need to be to have control over the yoyo with my cats around. I’ve knocked myself on the face a few times and as we all know, that sucks.

Hi my name is Doug I’m a noob, I have 3 daughters interested in learning to yoyo. Not a popular activity in the area we live, so mostly learning watching tutorials.

The exercises here are very helpful and yoyoing is more fun shared with children. Welcome and have fun.

Hello everyone! My name is Max. I’m 18 and I’ve been yoyoing for about four years now.
I spend a huge amount of my time yoyoing but since my trick repertoire is not as big as I would like it to be, I spend most of that time messing around with cool binds.
I’m the only one of my friends who throws, (I’ve tried and failed to get them all into the hobby) and I’ve only ever been to one contest so I have to rely on the wonders of YouTube to learn tricks.
That contest was the 2014 Las Vegas Open/SkillCon. Eric Koloski showed me how to do a slack trapeze, and it probably took me a month afterwards to really get it down. (Thanks Eric! Loved your freestyle that year!)
I’ve got two cats who absolutely love when I change out strings. Yoyoing has saved me a fortune when it comes to cat toys.

I’m excited to be a part of the forums and I look forward to talking about yoyos with you all.

• Max

Hi, my name is Wade. I got my first yo-yo when I was around 6 or 7 years old. I think it was a Duncan butterfly. That was nearly 45 years ago. It seems like my friends had light-up ones (were there such things?), but no luck with my parents buying me one. At some point, my parents threw it away. Seems like the string was always broken, along with a dent or two in the wall. All I remember was that it was big and heavy for my little hands.

My son went through a recent yo-yo phase. Like me, his first was a butterfly. Must be the cool look to it. I recently came across an old wooden Duncan while cleaning out my grandfather’s house and I’m here to try and figure out what it is. Not sure I really want to sell it, but I would like to know what it is. ???

They were probably using a Satellite which lights-up and is heavy. If you can send a picture I bet someone can identify your grandfathers yoyo. Anyway, welcome!

my name is scott… i’m a late bloomer yoyo player… love collecting and learning new tricks…

1 Like

Hey I’m Sam

I like the ELIM and KODIAK

7th 11 and 12 year old in USA as of 2017

1 Like

hello everyone .i dont play yoyo now !!because I have no timefor this because i pass the university .i came here because i want to sell my collection in a good price ! because i need some money for my studies!!!and i want my collection to be given to someone who will be happy!!! sorry my english is not good :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m Ted and I’ve recently returned to throwing yoyos after a long long break. I recently found a shoebox with all my old yoyos from the 90’s: my Raider, Fireball, Rengade, Tornado, a couple Turbo Bees, a Phantom, a sweet No Jive, and a beaten but well loved Da Bomb. My first intro to unresponsive was in 1999 with my Renegade and its unlubed bearing (it just pissed me off because I didn’t know how to bind). So, after finding old yoyos in the closet, I decided to learn unresponsive throws. I bought a Protostar, a Shutter and an Edge (which I love) but then discovered that there is this FANTASTIC yoyo manufacturer here in Oregon. So now I’m collecting as many One Drops as I can afford.

Hi,
I’m an old guy who started yoyoing back in the 1970’s. Back then my favorite yoyos were the Duncan Special and Professional. Today I like Yomega Fireballs modified with Duncan or Raider guts and Raiders. Can anyone help me find out how to determine the production dates of older Yomega Fireballs and Raiders?

Sounds like you have come to play. from one old guy to another: WELCOME!

1 Like

Yeah, I really enjoy doing looping tricks. I just started working on looping with my left hand. I really like the feel and performance of Raiders and Fireballs. I’ve picked up several used yoyos recently and wanted to find out when they were made. Thanks for the kind words.

Hello! I am Yoon Jeihwan and I am from Korea now studying in the USA :us:
I have been playing yoyo for about 4 years and am hoping to meet some new players here in the US.
If anyone know some meeting in the Los Angeles area in California please do contact me! My main yoyo right now is the St.Elmo and the C3 Radius. Nice to meet everyone!

Hi, I have been YoYoing for 2 months and my new club suggested that I get an account on here, i use a Magic Yoyo n11, and my favorite yoyo is the Elite(I tried someone else’s.)
The leader of my club is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJT5qwrkkSp_bSs5NEwcDiA
My favorite player is POLO.