Introduce Yourself!

Sounds like you are a busy man. Good luck with the freelancing and WELCOME to the Forum.

Thank you hobbyman101

Hi i recently discover this web, i started yoyoing when i was a kid but nothing serious, this holidays i bought a 2 euros yoyo which one i learned the more basic tricks. Surfing the web i discovered this page and decided to buy a flight. Now i have it and is really awesome apart from my newb skills.

Hello, Iā€™m new to trying this. About a year ago my son then 5 and myself got Yo-Yos in Downtown Disney at the Duncan cart. Mine was a ProZ and he got one with Springs so it would come back up. This trip I bought a Metal Drifter and he got a Disney one with no springs and a bearing in it. We both want to learn how to do tricks and such with them. I know Iā€™m older then is normal for a beginner but better late then never!

i started as a young lad 50 years ago and stopped as a teen 40 years ago. i started agian 6 months ago. iā€™m 55 and loving this hobby. i learn new tricks each month. never too old. they didnā€™t have yoyos like these when i was a kid.

You will find several mature yoyo throwers here, the guys at ā€œDisney Springsā€ are great and very helpful and BTW Welcome!

As long as you are having fun the skills will develop. Welcome!

Hi,

Ben - Iā€™m one of the young once who discovered the fun in small things - yoyo included. Started learning tricks early this year of 2017 with the help of youtube. YOUTUBE baby!

Wish my kid is as enthusiastic as me with this particular toy and not gadgets (kids these days). I am having fun learning new tricks especially the one I thought is impossible for me ( my fave #throw right now is Brent Stole). Additionally, I just met a group of young gentlemen who are very friendly and kind enough to let me join their group learning more about yoyo from them.

I found out about YYE on the net youtube, google, while searching about yoyos. I didnā€™t visit this site earlier because, frankly speaking, the site design doesnā€™t attract my attention. What attracted me where the yoyo for sale. I believe they are priced good and they carry a lot of yoyo to choose from. Plus YYE has a lot of exciting events lined up every now and then.

Another plus is the accommodating people of YYE - I have difficulty registering on this forum but they sorted it out for me pronto. Thanks YYE guys and more throw power!

Welcome! And do not worry about the kids because they will see what fun you are having and will eventually join in.

MITCH 38yrs old Baltimore Maryland USA Beginner Need Yo-Yo advice please. BEST PLASTIC YO-YO FOR THE MONEY FOR BEGINNER??? Private message me please? I have questionsā€¦

welcome. i am a beginner 6 months now. you have found a great group of people here. good luck and enjoy

My is Liza. I am a 42-year-old woman but a 12-year-old kid at heart. I love yo-yoing as a child and recently one year ago picked up a yo-yo again for the first time in 30 years. I have been unable to go anywhere without a yo-yo sense. Iā€™m almost finish working my way through the yo-yo tricks list. Now 30 yo-yos later iā€™m quickly becoming a yo-yo addict. Challenging and fun who wouldnā€™t be.

Hi all! Iā€™m 34, female, from Kansas City and Iā€™ve been throwing off and on for over a year. Found this site thru the Almighty Google. I have the good fortune to live half a mile away from a great skill toy shop that hosts free yoyo workshops three times a week. I play 2A style because itā€™s just savage. Iā€™m still pretty much a noob, still working on control issues and learning really basic stuff, like the fact I had the string on my finger backwards for the first year or so. Man, does that make a difference! :wink:

I like the Duncan Bumblebee and the JJY Unleashedā€“of course I like discontinued yoyos! Gives me something to complain about! I got to meet Ben Conde and Gentry Stein last year and got my yoyo signed by both of them (and now I donā€™t play with that one anymore). They both have a very fluid style that I love and aspire to. My favorite 2A player right now is Ryo Yamashita. Strangley enough, I got interested n throwing by watchingā€“ready for it? Tom Smothers. In black and white. That man could do AMAZING things with an old-school fixed axle, much respect!

Right now I can do 4+ loops with either hand, inside or outside, unless someone is watching, in which case I totally choke. Funny, I have no problem making a fool of myself onstage, playing bass in my bandā€¦ Anyhoo, itā€™s nice to be here!

Sounds like part of my story.and it sounds like you are having fun. Welcome!

Sounds like you have it worked out ant that you are enjoying yourself. Welcome!

1 Like

Hey all!
I have been lurking around for awhile and decided it was time to introduce myself. As you may be able to tell from my name I am an unicyclist. I got back to riding about 4 years ago after a 30 year break on a dare from my 3 year old Grandson after he saw it in the shed. He is 7 now and it is thanks to him I have started Yo-yoing again.

He came over to spend the day a few weeks ago and he could not wait to show me his new Duncan Imperial. I was pleased to see after 40 years that I could still throw a little. I impressed my little buddy with making it sleep, walking the dog, around the world, some looping, over the falls, and the most impressive of the skills in my repertory rock the baby. It felt good that I was able to get right back at it like it was yesterday.

Just like unicycling I was shocked when I got on line to see how far the sport has come in equipment and the skills of the people who participate in the sport.

And I want to give a big thank you to Whammytap for mentioning in her introduction the workshops at Big Skills Toy Shop in Shawnee Mission Kansas. Being just across the river in Missouri I plan on starting to attend on Saturdays when I can.

I look forward to learning with you and being a part of this group.

Arnā€™t grand-kids wonderful? I hope you continue to have fun with your renewed interest in uni-cycling and with your yoyoā€™s. Welcome!

Hi everyone!
Im AndrƩs from Colombia. Im a huge fan of toys like top spins, yoyos and those, because here in my country we used to play alot with them. Now im 20 years old and i would like to learn about this toys. I dont actually have a favorite :smiley: yoyo or yoyo trick, i just love playing with them!! :smiley:

My name is Steve, and, at 67, I think Iā€™m the oldest one here. Back in '62 there were two kids in the 6th grade who could rock the baby in the cradle: Me and Freddie Morfitt. Yoyos came back in 64, and of course I got better but then they faded off my radar for about 30 years when I got a Ton Kuhn Roller Woody. Less than a year later I got an SB2. Within 6 months I had mastered Split the Atom.

I have a steady job; I donā€™t smoke or drink or do drugs. The only woman I chase is my wife, and about 10 years ago for our 25th anniversary she got me a really, really good yoyo, with no markings on it but it has a string gap the size of the Grand Canyon, it sleeps like a hibernating grizzly and itā€™s about as responsive as a government agency. Four years after I got it I discovered back binding. Now itā€™s taken me two years but I finally mastered Gyroscopic Flop by learning how to relax my wrist.

But to the best of my knowledge Iā€™m alone in my town when it comes to yoyos. I need to know how to deal with bearings, and tune the yoyo up. And I really, really need to know about whatā€™s happened with strings in the last ten years.

I just love your descriptions and references and being one year older than you I fully understand what it was like in the 60ā€™s. I hope you continue to have fun with both the yoyo and your wife. And WELCOME!