Introduce Yourself!

Hi!

My name is David. I run a YouTube channel called Yoyo 101. Originally my main practice was 4a yoyoing, but recently I have devoted my playing to 1a. I love to teach those who want to learn, so if you need help figuring out a trick, let me know, and I will do my best to clear it up for you!

Yoyo on!

Hello! My name is Jason, I’m 38, and I’m new fairly new to yo-yoing, unless you count some fond memories of walking the dog and shooting the moon with a glow-in-the-dark Duncan Imperial as a kid. I decided to pick it back up as a way to burn off some stress, and after picking up a Duncan Butterfly and Butterfly XL from a local toy store, I know I definitely want to pursue it further. I’m leaning heavily toward wooden fixed axle play as I start out. I’m drooling over Tom Kuhn’s No Jives, but can’t find one available anywhere. :’( I’m also liking what I see from Hildy Bros., TMBR and O.U.T. Sadly, there isn’t much of an active online presence surrounding them, and most of them are sold out. If anyone else is a wood fixie player or has the scoop on them or any other wood makers, feel free to message me. Thanks!

Welcome Jason! You will find many here who enjoy fixed axles. I am not very good at either Fixed or bearing play but I enjoy collecting and using fixed axles particularly since my very first throw was a wood Butterfly back in the day when they were available in any Dime store.

Hey everyone, I’m Risto and just getting into some yo-yoing. I believe life is to short not to have serious play time. Have a lot of big boy toys I like to play with. The last kid toy competition I was into was flying competition quad line Rev. kites. Unfortunately where I now live the wind sucks. Watching where the yoyo sport and technology has gone in the last ten years, just looks like way too much fun to be missing out on.

So I bought some new throws and I’m on my way. I almost forgot, I play bass and electric guitar, keyboards, and I compose music. It’s somewhere between 60’s psychedelic rock, hard alternative, and new age. Think about what a mind parasite would sound like. Looking forward to creating some new music to bring my yoyo to life, that is after I have had some time to build my skill set. Also enjoying read your comments.

YoRisto

As an older thrower and an X-pro musician all I can say is; WELCOME!

1 Like

Funny how some things just go so well together! I’m an ex-performer and currently a HS music teacher. Welcome!

1 Like

I put yo-yoing down for two years or so after three or for years of solid practice. Now, I’ve picked it back up for good. I’m rejoining the forums because my old account died with the hobby.

Welcome back to the throw!

Thanks! I missed out on a lot during those two years. Big mistake.

Hello! My name is Marcin. I used to practice yoyoing in the past, but I gave it up almost 5 years ago. Now I am trying to get back and I thought yoyoexpert forum is a good place to start! I hope to never give up yoyoing ever again.

The Forum is a good place to start back. Welcome.

Hello, I’m a fan of Larry Sayco. Living in Rhode Island I have to be. I’m always interested in finding Saycos.

Hi! My name is Ed, and im from the UK. I have way too many ambitions, but the more acheivable ones are to enter the UK Nationals and to get sponsored by MagicYoyo (someday hopefully :p) Im alright I suppose. I want to be like Markus Koh, Brandon Vu and Hiroyuki ect. The list is endless. Im currently having trouble with speed combos and frontstyle horizontal.

Work on that list one by one and I am sure you will make it. WELCOME!

Hello, My name is John Wilbanks, I have been yo-yoing for 4 years now. some of my favorite throws are the yyf protostar, the yyj go big, and the yyf shutter. I enjoy making up my own tricks and yo-yoing with other people. I have never been to a contest but i would like to.

Hi!
My name is Chris and I’m a mediocre thrower on the best of days, although I do aspire to constantly improve! I’m mostly here for the BST aspect of things, but I may stick around and talk to others about throws, tricks, and other stuff related to yoyos!

Hi~ I’m starting to play again since some time ago and I’m trying to get better and better, my actual yoys are: DV888, Dark Magic II, two Raider EX, Yomega HyperWarp from (1989 gift), Silver Bullet 2 (1998 gift) and my newer yoyo that is coming soon, magicyoyo SKYVA.

I have been practicing mostly 1A and a bit of 2A, having lots of fun but sadly where I come from there aren’t many thowers, which is sad

Hello World!
I am a beginner thrower and I mostly do 2a. I was introduced to yoyoing by my cousin Jordan Shen (He was sponsered by KingYoStar Canada… RIP) when I was Kindergarten. Only now have I started to yoyo more seriously. I am excited to be with such a great community!

Hi, my name is Zaheer Khan, from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and I’m 16 years old. I started yoyoing when I was 10 years old with my Yomega Power Brain XP Wing. I placed first in Sport Ladder at Eastern Canadian Regionals 2015, and first in Sport Ladder at Canadian Nationals 2016. I find yoyoing to be a creative outlet and a unique type of art for all ages. Glad to be part of the community!

Hey, I’m Mitchell. Throwing from Jacksonville Florida. Quickly learning my 1A stuff. Looking forward to joining the community and learning alot

1 Like