Introduce Yourself!

I spent some time in Jacksonville. Great town. Go luck with your new lifetime hobby.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi!

So, I was into yoyo back in the mid-late 90s when I was a kid and then a little here and there since then. Iā€™ve always enjoyed throwing a yoyo around, but nothing serious. Mostly just used cheap Duncan imperials, although I have a few wooden BC yoyos that always just felt great. Iā€™ve used them sparingly since BC went under.

I decided to pick it back up about a month ago and attempt some progression once I brushed the rust off. Iā€™m almost back to where I was as a kid and I picked up a YYF Fast 201 and a Duncan Pro Z to help me get there. Iā€™ve been using my trusty Duncan Imperials and my BC Classic to practice looping stuff (used to be my forte) and Iā€™m getting into string tricks. Iā€™ve got an old Yomega Powerspin and a Spintastics Technic hanging around, too, but for whatever reason havenā€™t been using them much.

I just grabbed a YYF Loop 360, a YYF One and a YYF Legend to round out some new throws. Once I get some of this stuff down and start getting into intermediate/advanced stuff, what else should I be looking in to? Iā€™ve grabbed a 5 pack of 100% polyester string and thatā€™s been great so far (very durable and smooth), but I noticed thereā€™s tons of different brands. Any string recommendations?

Once again, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I look forward to being part of this forum.

Youā€™ll eventually want to get a metal yoyo with a good bearing and eventually more string. :slight_smile:

There are so many out there now a days that are pretty much all solid players so hard to go wrong.

Welcome to the forum. One big change you will enjoy are all the amazing resources available now to help you learn any kind of style you are interested in, this site being one of them.

Many thanks!

Pre internet, it was kind of a barren wasteland. I was of the belief as a kid that yoyos with ball bearings etcā€¦ was cheating, so I tried to stick to tried and true stuff, but as an adult I recognize that the easier it is to do the tricks, the more amazing stuff you can do and the more fun you can have.

I still love walking around just tossing a regular yoyo, its my stress reliever. Has been for a long time.

Hi there!
Iā€™m PolyCelcon
Iā€™m from the Netherlands.
Iā€™ve chosen this name because I prefer and admire polymer(plastic) yoyoā€™s,especially the injection moulded celcon YYJ ones.They play great,and are great value for money.

I (probably) have been throwing at or before 2008.
Ive been in and out of the yoyo scene,but Ive restarted a few days ago again.

Iā€™ve experienced the downfall of yoyonation and Yoyo*,and the influx of East asian/chinese yoyoā€™s,causing the stagnation and sales of innovation of the ā€œAā€ brands,and yoyo manufacturers in general.
And maybe the whole yoyo scene has decreased the last years I think.

I recently got back into throwing because itā€™s relaxing,stress relieving even.

With all the forums/communities closing down and stuff,I hope this is the place to continue yoyo related stuff for a long time.

:wink:

I agree 100% on the stress relief. Its infinitely better for you to go outside and toss a yoyo around than it is to scream at a coworker/drink at lunch. This forum seems to be a solid resource.

Hell yeah man,seconding that.

I see you like 2a,A long time ago I used to be able to looping two handedly with my YYJ sunset trajectory NXG,I lost this skill long time ago(not everything stays with you like riding a bike)
One of the 2a yoyoā€™s is also gone.
What do you use/prefer for 2A?

I had a Yomega Raider that I liked a lot. I never got into 2 handed for whatever reason, but the raider was easy to loop with. I had a couple of wooden bc yo-yo that I liked for looping, too. The spitfire particularly.

Hi, i am new here, and i am new yoer. I had start to play with yoyo since one week and i love it!! I hope i can become a good yoer, with your help!! I am an italian guy and i like a lote this site and forum, really good job!!
Sorry for my english, and thank!!

New guy here, 61 years old! Last time I was into yoyos was 1967, and just got back into it about 2 weeks ago. Things have changed a lot since then. So far I have a Skyva, Sage, Replay Pro, Gargantua, Diffusion 2. The YYRā€™s are definitely the best of the bunch. The Skyva ainā€™t too shabby either.
Just ordered a One Drop MMC for my first foray into metal, and a Cabal to see what delrin is all about. Learned how to bind about a week ago. Having tons of fun!!!
As for One Drop, I went with Organic shape, since thatā€™s what I remember so long ago with my Duncan Butterfly. Really looking forward to trying them, and sorting out what I like, and what works best for me nowā€¦

Introducing Chipotle

I am so happy to see another of my generation getting back into the hobby. Welcome and have fun.
Do you remember your first throw?

Rub-a-dub-dub bring on the grub.

Yeah, but just barely! It was a generic no-name wood yoyo I got in my Xmas stocking when I was 5 years old. Took it to kindergarten show and tell. After that I got a green Duncan Imperial, and then a few Butterfliesā€¦
I felt like I was living large in tiny town with my trusty Butterfly!!!

I plain wore out my Butterfly.

Hello,

Iā€™m Lacuzu667 and I am an 18 year-old from the United Kingdom. I started yoyoing when I was around 9-10 years old when the NED show came to my school and did a yoyo demonstration. It was there when I got my first yoyo from the NED show: the Cosmic Spin (which I still have at the time of this post). Yoyo has been an on and off hobby over the years until last year when I started playing with some old yo-yos. Now, Iā€™m taking the hobby more seriously now and Iā€™m going to try to be more active in the yoyo community.

P.S. Itā€™s pretty fidgety trying to press the little icons on a phone :joy:

Hi :wink: my name is HomeBlizzard glad to be here :slight_smile:

Hey, I am just starting to look into these new types of yoyos. I have always had yoyos growing up and had no idea that there were so many out there! I want to get back into yo-yoing and donā€™t want just a beginner yoyo, but also donā€™t need anything too fancy. Iā€™ve been looking at the brands yyo, yyf and c3yoyodesign. I was curious if anyone new which brand is better quality overall. Thank you!

Hey everybody. New here, 34 yrs of age. Just got back into throwing again after about 10 yrs. I wasnā€™t very good back then and have far surpassed what I could do back then. Itā€™s been about 2 months and Iā€™ve both like 8 throws already lol. Iā€™m deep in it. I will post some pics of some goodies on the " what did you get in the mail this week" forum. Glad to be a part of this stellar community. Take care everyone!