Introduce Yourself!

Hello, my name is Federico, I am from Italy, 38 years old, and I am totally newbie about yoyoing!
I used to play (years ago) with old, wooden, responvive yoyos… but recently i discovered on Youtube unsersponsive yoyos… and I was amazed!
So I did buy my first “modern” yoyo: yoyofactory One (so I can learn both responsive and unserponsive tricks).
Unfortunately I don’t have any friend to teach me… so I will try to learn watching YT videos… quite hard, but not impossible, I hope!
I already have a question for you… I’ll go to post it right now in the correct section of the forum.
Thank you in advance for the help you will give me.
And sorry for my basic english… I hope you could understand everything :slight_smile:
Federico

Hi everyone! My name is Gavin, I have a YouTube channel called GavinH. As well and I’ve got some really great tricks in hand there so check it out. My favorite yoyo is the IYOYO Steele . I’ve been yoyoing for almost a year but it all I’ve been doing and my progression is insane, never thought to be this good- I hope this will connect with other players and help out my channel! Thank you!

-Gavin

Your English is great. Those old wooden yoyo’s help you realize just how much the sport has matured and grown. Have Fun!

I came in to yo-yoing by my teacher. Her name was Mrs.Duncan and naturally I wanted to use word play. She said It was ok for me to keep it so I went to the website on the back. Now I’ve been throwing for 4-5 years now and I’m working on meeting some groups in my area. I found out about the website by my bud Jay who does kendama and know a handful of professionals.

Good to see some other seasoned (don’t like to use the use the old word) players on here! I’m 34 and my people say it’s funny to see a grown man playing with a yoyo

Hello, I play yoyo even I’m 30. So, I don’t care even laugh at me.

Welcome to you full grown yoyo players! This is a fun sport to play and to pass on to the kids. Most importantly HAVE FUN!

LOL I am only laughing cause you didn’t notice how many other 30+ people have been posting on this thread! XD you are not alone mate! welcome to the yoyo comunity! Yoyoing is about having fun and fun is for all ages!! :smiley:

Somehow I don’t think haedon is coming back…

:frowning: that would be sad! … one less friend in this lonely world… :frowning:

Hell my name is Alex. Im 16 years old and got back into yoyoing recently. Im at about intermediate level. Im still try ing to get boing E Boing to this day its just as hard as magic drop exept i can actually do it sometimes. My favourite yoyo is the Shutter.

Been on the forums a couple weeks, never made an introduction. Thought it was about time! I’m 21 and about 5 weeks into my yoyoing life. I’m absolutely obsessed so far. I grew up in the circus world doing anything and everything, but primarily juggling. In the past few years I’ve stepped away from that part of my life and I think it left me with a hole in my heart. Yoyoing was quick to fill that. And the community here at yoyoexpert has only solidified it! I’m lucky enough to reside in Northampton, Ma right now, which has allowed me to meet so many great people in this community, as well as help me succeed at a pace that far exceeded my expectations. I’m so thankful to have found yoyoing and this great community!!! So thanks ya’ll!!

Yo! I’m Rexor, a 19 year-old yoyoer (still not totally confident to call myself that way tho) from Philippines. It has been just exactly ten days since I played yoyo again. Yoyo clubs are extremly rare in my country, so it feels amazing to discover, join, and feel warmly accepted to virtual/online communities like this! On another note, I still remember when I had my first responsive yoyo that was during my 5th grade (10 years old) and the fun my toy gave me when I nailed cool generic tricks. I can’t recall how, but that same year my yoyo was gone :’( but now here I am again, playing with my YYF Whip (my first and only unresponsive yoyo for the moment) and I’m planning on expanding my yoyo collection shortly after expanding my horizon, skills, and fun in playing. I’m currently working my way to landing the tricks in the “Expert” section of this site’s tutorials. I hope I continue receiving help from this awesome online community! 8)

Hi there! My name is Mohan, or you can call me tommy if you want : ^). I’m from China. 17-year-old and I’ve been yoyoing for 6 months. I had a touch of yoyo when i was in year 6, bought few bootleg cheap yoyos which were meh, then I completely ditched yoyoing till late 2015. I watched some Jason Lee’s videos(hes fckn awesome love him) and I WAS SO IMPRESSED. Then I got a 888x(hes signature 888s were sold out, i cri everitim ;-;)and restarted yoyoing from the beginning. Currently I’m learning on those expert tricks…still struggling with skin the gerbil. I’m attending high school in Auckland, NZ, not so many people knows about yoyos and getting an yoyo can be extremely hard (ty Yoyoexpert, also for the nice tuts by André : ^).
lel My English sucks, please dont bother correcting my spellings and grammar, thanks(ヽ´ω`)

通过我的 Nexus 5X 上的 Tapatalk发言

Hey All, My name’s Rob, I’ll be 60 at the end of the month. I’ve been yo-yoing for years and years, on and off. Started with a traditional Duncan that I can’t remember and enjoyed that for a long time, sleepers, rock the cradle, around the world, shoot the moon… real old school stuff, I bought a rainbow all wood yo-yo, but lost it somehow… too bad. I never liked the butterfly style yo-yos after I tried a Duncan. Played spin top for a while (and marbles and boomerangs too) but eventually moved on to to other things (skateboards, riding my bike backwards, curb jumping and manuals).

Several years later I came back to yo-yos and ended up with a collection of Fireballs and Raiders. Wow, had yoyos changed! still have all those bad boys. Enjoyed that a lot and my play really improved. Then I went off to do other things again (mostly outdoors stuff like fishing and backpacking - yeah, you get to play with fire and there’s nobody around to tell you what to do ;-).

So now I’m back to yo-yos again! Started with a YYF Velocity and that was a good choice for me. I was able to transition to unresponsive play at my own speed. Next I got a YOYO King Dr. Small… it’s such a fun throw, I like the undersized yo-yos. Next was a Shutter, then a Might Flea.

Decided to go to the yo-yo museum for a day trip and accidentally found the CA State Championships! I met Eric in the YYE booth and bought a Lilliputian (thanks Eric!) and a Horizon. At the museum, my wife bought me a ReplayPro. A few weeks later and now I have a YYF Whistler and YYF Superstar. So the collection has grown quickly!

I’m working my way through the 1A trick ladder and just about mastered Pop n Fresh, so I’m still a noob, but I’m having a blast. I’ve been making different style yo-yo holsters from paracord and they’re starting to look pretty good! Anyway, I’m really impressed with the yo-yo community. Thanks for having me. You guys rock!.

To WoodRat (Rob),

I am so glad to see another 60 to 60 + join the throw. You are right, the changes in this sport are amazing. But the most important thing is still to have fun.
You are fortunate to live in an area where yo-yoing is popular. Where I am it is me and just me.
Welcome!

1 Like

Hey everyone. My name is Josh. I’m 24 and I’ve been yo-yoing since 2007 or so, with a two or three year break between then and now. I’ve been lurking for a while and felt it was time to really join the community. I love you guys, and I love the sport, and I’m proud to be a apart of this. I exclusively play counterweight. Thanks for reading

-Josh

Hello! :smiley:

I remember this name… welcome back!

1 Like

Whats up Everyone? I just turned 30 y/o and haven’t yoyo’d since my mid 20’s. I am deployed at the moment and figured now was the best time to get back into it. I prefer to throw 1A. Just bought myself a OneDrop Top Deck and a Gauntlet. Waiting on them to come in the mail which could be any day. I am hoping it will only take a week or so to get back to my old skill level and then progress from here. Also, my kids are getting old enough to start throwing and i figure it will be fun to teach them.