Introduce Yourself!

Heya fellow flingers.  Just joined the forum.  From Ohio here, Daytonish area.  33 years old, i would imagine im older than most, hence my handle.  Definatly a novice.  Always had a thing for yo-yos since i was a kid and found my dads old school imperial.  The last few years been messing around a little with imperials, butterfly, and a few el cheapos.  Christmas Santa brought me a Yomega Xodus II and a Duncan Metal Drifter.  Oh my the difference.  Kinda hooked now.  
     Would you guys call these ok to learn a few things on?  So far my best tricks (dont laugh!) are rock the cradle with one loop (looping around the cradle) and around the world.  I know, pathetic, but we all start somewhere.  What would you guys recommend for a good learner?  Something durable (already smacked the concrete floor with the drifter :( ) and low maintanance, definatly responsive, or am i good with what i have for now?
     Looking forward to learning more and being part of the community.  TT ya'll later!

Eric C.

Hi All,

My names is Fernando, Iā€™m from Italy bug moved to Seattle a few years ago. 3 weeks ago I went to a toy store to buy some presents for my niece and decided to get a yoyo for myself. I never threw a yoyo before then so I decided to give it a try. It was a responsive yoyo so I quickly learned the basic tricks. A couple of days later I also learned the existence of unresponsive yoyos and that there are different styles. So I checked out a few videos on youtube and I was pretty impressed by what I saw. I told my wife that I was going to buy an unresponsive yoyo for beginners and started doing my research. My wife anticipated me with a surprise and got me a CLYW Borealis. So now I have this pretty amazing yoyo in these pretty newbie hands ;D. In two weeks I managed to learn all the basic tricks and few intermediate tricks like: double of nothing, buddhaā€™s revenge, plastic whip, gondola, split the atom, and a few binds. I found that yoyoing gives me some peace of mind and itā€™s very relaxing.
Iā€™m glad I found this community and Iā€™m looking forward to learning from you guys.

f.

WELCOME!!! It sounds like you are getting on just fine. You will find a lot of support at this site and plenty of room to grow.

hello, my name is dan and i just started to yoyo, i live in the northern virginia area and have three quality yoyos to my name right now.

i look forward to learning more as time goes on.

Hi, im a 11 year old yoyo player and I have been yoyoing for around a month. I started with a Duncan Metal Drifter, and got a YYF Replay Pro and a Yomega Glide for christmas. I am perfecting my binds and starting to learn Advanced Tricks. :smiley: Yoyoing is really fun and is almost like an art to me! I want to grow up to be a sponsored yoyo player!

Hello mah peoples. Greetings from an alien being deemed ā€œFuzzwadā€.
(Sorry about that, I had to.)

Anyway, this is a fairly late introduction. I do stuff, a lot of stuff. With yoyos. And other things. But thatā€™s not the point, is it? I got in to throwing about 3-4 months ago, I was playing Terraria, and heard about the release of the Terrarian, and that just set the ball rolling. Fast forward 4 months and Iā€™m obsessed, with everything about the sport. Itā€™s helped me with spending my free time (with being homeschooled and not doing any sports in the winter, this was a godsend) itā€™s got me off the computer (a little bit, at least, I mean youā€™re reading this post ::)), and just made me happier. Now Iā€™m horrible and ending a paragraph, so Iā€™ll just end it with a thanks and a ā€œsignatureā€, hehe.

Thanks, Fuzzwad.

Hello! Iā€™m Erdem Tuna. Im 18 years old from Turkey. I think it was like 5-6 years ago, I bought a yoyo without knowing how wide ranged thing it is. Then I met a friend in school that was knowing something much about them. So I started to learn tricks. And it seemed that my yoyo wasnt capable of doing tricks after some time. So, I bought a blackandwhite Lyn-Fury. We were playing yoyo with my friend on break times. And one day when we were having PE in outside, it was stolen. So it looked to be end of my short career. But nowadays I started to remember my old routines and yoyo came up. So I wil buy a yoyo again. I wanna buy (http://goo.gl/1OUHTf) this one, because this is cheap and I m a newbie. Do you suggest a non-branded yoyo like this or what do you suggest that is not that expensive for a newbie and wanna be maybe intermediate?

The yoyo you are looking at is cheaply made and of poor quality. You will be disappointed!  Get something like the YYJ Classic (9.99 US).  It is a good learning tool. BTY Welcome and have fun.

Well, if I were you Iā€™d get the YoyoFactory DV888 Starter Set (here) it might come of a little expensive for you, but itā€™s really worth it. Itā€™s a great yoyo, and then you can make it unresponsive once you get to that point.

Hello my name is Clinton. 30 years old, N.E. America. throwing 3 years. love hooks/ whips/ slack tricks. There is no way I could pick a favorite yo-yo. Not much to say. married 10 years, 2 kids (no interest in yoyos.) I never join web communities but the yo-yo community seem so nice, supportive and fun. I love the clean child friendly attitude. Free of bullying. a community I would like my kids to be a part of. Iā€™m far from a prude but it is just so nice to have a place to relax from all the ā€œmatureā€ content. I also really like how everyone from all caultures and countries can come together, not speak the same language but still get along so well. Just really cool, thank you yoyoexpert, and thank you everyone that made throwing what it is today and every one that makes it what it will be in the future.

Welcome Clinton! My kids were never interested in yo-yoing either but a couple of my granddaughters now are. Time will tell.

hi im daniel and im new to the yoyo community, i have a yyf shutter yyf replay and yyf hubstack after glow.im still a beginner but i learn fast, my favorite trick is the ripcord.

Bow-ties are cool

Hi, my name is David.
I like to play yoyo, but I am not a professional! Anyway, itā€™s the first time I write on a forum (and I am sorry to not an expert of this argumentā€¦) and I would like to know more about this little, funny toy (yes, I knowā€¦it is not a toy!)
See ya! :wink:

You do not have to be anything more than interested in yo-yoing to become a welcome member. And yes, WELCOME!

Hey guys. Iā€™ve been throwing a little over a year. Iā€™m still new to unresponsive and binding, but Iā€™m hoping I can learn from you pros! Iā€™d like to learn some string tricks also. If you have any training tricks, let me know.

welcome Kevin! Haha most of us are not pros. Although there are a few on here from time to time.

i dont want to tell you my name; my favorite yoyo is OD vanguard and its my only yoyo; My favorite trick is ummmmm a trick i like to do or watch??!?!

Hello YYE :slight_smile: Been at this hobby for ~2 months now and I absolutely love it. I love that I get to learn something new and fun everyday. Currently really loving my YYO Imp and OD Vanguard.

Cheers,
Ubi

Hey guys my name is Paul Iā€™m from New York. I used to frequent theyo.com Iā€™ve been throwing since 2006. Iā€™ve been away for a long while but Iā€™m back. Canā€™t wait to start my collection all over again. Due to nyā€™s blizzard my borealis should be coming Mondayā€¦ Fml well nice to see a well organized forumā€¦ Cheers

well glad you made it here. im also in new york which part are you in.