Introduce Yourself!

ace… those spin tops are amazing… you should have no problem getting yoyos made if you can do that.

1 Like

^Wow those look amazing good job

1 Like

I have been searching for an appropriate skill toy for months. I love working with dexterity and learning “unpractical” skills.
When I had all but given up my search and reverted back to simple baoding balls, I received a yoyo for Easter. A Duncan Imperial, fixed axle and whatnot. My mom picked it up from Walgreens for 3 bucks, little did she know that I would pick it up and never put it back down.
I’m an 18 year old Southern Hippie, residing in Atlanta and looking for fellow Georgia throwers! I intend to use yoyoing as a meditative practice, an alternative to being still; as well as the social aspect of niche groups like throwers! Not to mention the delight I feel when I manage to pull a long sleeper or get a loop or two. I’m trying my luck with 2a, I have two oracles on the way now! My sister does poi, so I’m hoping that I can apply some of that to my looping.
The site, tutorials, and community here all look like something I’d definitely like to be a part of!

You will be PUMPED on those oracles man, big step up from an imperial.
Good choice of username as well ;D

Hey all!

My name is Zipster, im located in the UK and have been playing on and off for a few years, trying to progress through the Advanced Trick list on here (Just got Kwijibo down).

Bought myself a new Onedrop Benchmark 2014 ‘H’ in blue, I love it, its incredibly smooth to play with and the bearing is now silent after a little maintenance, although I did ding it on my slate kitchen floor but hey ho its a toy after all it was a shock but a relief at the same time.

Can wait to get involved with this forum

Welcome zipster

Hey, my name’s Sean, and I’m getting back into yoyos now. I throw off and on but I’m really thinking of progressing now. I don’t like following toutorials so I have of late resorted to just flipping string around and having fun with it any way I can. I’m also trying to expand my mounts to get more things to try. Not in a club or anything, just your average n00b. Site seems cool so I may be here often.

Welcome Sean! As long as you are having fun with your yoyo(s) you have learned the real purpose of the sport.

Hey, I’m Kevin. I have been yoyoing for about 10 years now. I used to be very involved in the Extreme Spin and Yoyonation forums (RIP) and after they went down, I started yoyoing on my own without involving myself too much in the community. I tried competing a couple times and meeting new people, but my distance from “real” (not internet-dependent) community made holding contact difficult.

A couple years ago I found Yoyoexpert when I decided to start teaching yoyoing at a summer camp I work for and needed equipment. It has sparked a new interest in cultivating friendships via yoyos and I just caved and decided to get involved in forums again. I’m excited to see where yoyoing has come and how I can be a part of it’s growth as a sport! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums, Kevin. I just gotta say that I’m laughing at that avatar you got. :smiley:

1 Like

I use that image interchangeably for “you seriously think that?” and “I’m completely and utterly lost in what you just said.” It seemed relevant in a forum setting. Ha!

:smiley: Yes, that will fit in nicely here. You’ll use it quite a lot.

Hi, I’m new to these forums but so far i’m enjoying them. I love yoyoexpert it’s bean my yoyo store for over a year and I buy all my yoyo stuff from them. I’m currently in love with my arctic circle 2 (with ceramic koncave bearing) it plays like a dream. Me and my friend have youtube channel called YOYOWHACK so go check it out. I’ve been yoyoing for over a year now and am more into it than ever!!! I LOVE learning and making up new tricks and showing them to my friends. I’ve gotten a good bit of people into yoyoing and enjoy seeing how FAST they have advanced.
Let’s just say I LOVE YOYOS!!

Nuff said. Welcome!

Hi, im an overgrown child who likes yoyo’s guitars and anime.
I should grow up but by trade im a designer so i have to be a giant woman-child
I’ve been yoyo’ing about 2 weeks and its one of the first things ive been decent at off the bat so fun times ahead

1 Like

See, you are one with eclectic tastes Do not worry about being an overgrown child as many of us are.
WELCOME!

Hi! My name is Bob and I have a problem. I’m a addicted to Yoyos!

YYF DV888
YYF Shutter
One Drop Dingo
Yomega Maverick (My first all metal yoyo. I got it for $12 on Amazon!)
YYF Velocity
YYF Fast 201

thats not a problem… thats a cure.

1 Like

I would like to see your list 6 months or a year from now.
And WELCOME! By the way, there are a bunch of “full grown” adults who are addicted to yoyo’s here at the Forums.

1 Like

Exactly