Introduce Yourself!

Welcome!

Hey all! Im about 29 and been playin w yoyoys on and off for over half my life. Recently sparked interest up again and i want to learn some of this newfangled unresponsive play. Also ive always wanted an SB2 but now have focused toward a Tom Cat but seems they are rare. Let me know if u know somethin.
Thanks

Hi there my name is maury and Iā€™m 26. I started yoyo ing a few months ago I am healing from a back injury and yoyo ing is helpful for me to not go stir crazy. Currently I use the sage and Iā€™m trying to improve from beginner level.

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Aaron, and at 41, Iā€™m brand new to yo-yos. After a recent trip to visit family in Chico, CA - where I saw my 8yo nephew rock his YYF Cyborg like a boss - I knew I had to give it a shot. My nephew brought me to his favorite shop, Bird in Hand, and introduced me to his ā€œbuddyā€ Gentry Steinā€¦ who, as it happens, works at the shop when he can, and helps teach the kids at Chico Yo-Yo Club most Saturdays. (I had no idea that Chico was such a hotbed of yo-yo talent, with such amazing opportunity to not only rub elbows with a world champion, but learn from him too!)
So, being inspired, I bought a Chico Bulldog 225, and started learningā€¦ a few days later, before flying back home, I even got certified on the 10 tricks on their ā€œlevel 1ā€ card, which earned me a souvenir shirt to go with it. 8) (Zipper took me hours to learn; the other nine werenā€™t too bad).

Anyway, Iā€™m happy to have found a fun new hobby, and what looks to be a great forum to learn and share information!

well did he tell you who gentry really isā€¦

and welcome

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I was fully aware that I was in the presence of the reigning 1A World Champ. ;D

im sure someone didnt let you forgetā€¦

have fun with the yoyosā€¦ and also you may have lost your friendship with your walletā€¦

1 Like

Great introduction to the sport. Welcome!

1 Like

Haii my name is Machu(nickname that ppl call me). I am 12, and I like to yoyo. My two most favorite yoyos are the yoyo factory horizon and the yomega prodigy. I started back in 2011 with the beginner yoyos. I had a yomega nebula. Then I got a Duncan metal drifter. I started getting hurt with my metal drifter which discouraged me and made me stop. I started again in 2014 September. My favorite yoyoers would have to be Brandon Vu(Australias yoyo champion) and hajime Miura(3a worlds snjrisbfofh u should know by now who he his). I use Erik Koloskis venom string by yoyostringlab. I forgot about another one of my first yoyos(yomega xodus II). I could do 1a, 4a, and 5a. Those are all the things I could think of at the top of my head that I could explain about myself thatā€™s related to yoyoing. MACHU OUT

Hi! Whats Up! My name is Chevex. A one year yoyo player. I came here to lear more about this awesome game.

My favorite yoyos? All
My favorite tricks? Slack tricks

His friend Gentry Stein is the world champion. Youā€™re so lucky :slight_smile:

M name is Justin. I have been doing tricks for about 5 years now. Iā€™m not practicing as much as I used to but Iā€™m still consistent with the level that I have been at. Iā€™ve been stuck on landing the last part of spirit bomb for a while. My favorite yo-yo is the YoyoFactory 888x. I started doing tricks off of a yo-yo that my parents got me for Christmas one year when another one I had broke. It was a Yomega Power Brain Wing. It came with a book of tricks so I started off of that and havenā€™t stopped. Iā€™s say that my favorite trick is either suicide or jade whip. I found out about YoyoExpert while I was just surfing the web for some better equipment and I have mainly stuck with this website since. I love this website. I was henceforth known as ā€œYo-yo kidā€ at my high school because I was the only guy who used a yo-yo this way. Iā€™ve tried all styles but 1A has always felt the most natural for me. I look forward to the future years of practicing to get better at more advanced tricks.

You sound just like me 3 years ago ;D Especially with an 888x and having difficulty at the final Spirit Bomb move.

Keep at it! Youā€™ll get there.

Welcome

I just started yo-yoing about little over aweek ago or so. So Iā€™m new to the forums as well as yo-yoā€™s. I canā€™t edit my profile to add my location on the map to find players and communities. If anyone can help with that, let me know. I am also using the Metal Drifter Yo-yo. and able to do one bind, and been practicing the man on the flying trapeze the most, if anyone is near sacramento, ca that knows of any communities around there, any info would be awesome.
Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this, and help me out.

There are plenty of poeple in california,as for the map,it never worked for me.

The map has been broken for quite some time.

Check here for other players in your area: Yo-Yo Contests, Clubs, and Events

1 Like

Youā€™re only about 1.5 hours from Chico!! Check out the Chico Yoyo Club at Bird in Hand every Saturdayā€¦ you can practice and learn from the current World 1A champ, as well as some other great instructors.

1 Like

Thank You for the information. I was able to find 2 clubs near me as I am in the center of them both. I saw the Chico club, a long with the YoLex club in Roseville. I hope one of these clubs will help me, along with everyone here.

Hello everyone, Iā€™m Zach and Iā€™ve been a yoyo player for about five years since I was fifteen. However, Iā€™ve been playing with yoyos since I was at least five. When I was on spring break my freshman year of high school, I found a Duncan Butterfly yoyo and bought it for a dollar. After that, I got pretty into it. I learned most of what I know today from the learning section of this site. Currently I am working on learning all of the tricks in the sport ladder. The only two I have left to learn are Iron Whip and Black Hops. Right now I am currently using the Gradient yoyo by One Drop, and itā€™s been great so far. I canā€™t wait to learn more tricks and meet more players!

Welcome! There has been so talk that Yoyoexpert is going to update there tutorials and maby ec\van add some new tricks so theyā€™ll be plenty more for you to learn before too long. You can also check the yoyo video section and see if you can find some tutorials there