Introduce Yourself!

Least importantly, obey the rules. If this forum was about obeying rules nobody would use it. MOST IMPORTANTLY, have an open mind to learning awesome new things and socializing with like-minded individuals.

Hey guys,
hailing from Canada, just chilling. (haha)
Started about 2 weeks ago, current and first yoyo is the Diffusion 2.
Looking forwards to getting good, learning things from the community.
Hope you guys treat me well,
see you guys around.

peace.

Letā€™s give it a try. Welcome Notion and most importantly have an open mind to learning awesome new things and socializing with like-minded individuals, and least importantly follow the rules.

Enjoy your stay. :wink:

Haha I meant to not put an emphasis on obeying the rules, itā€™s better though! :smiley:

5,000th reply in this thread! ;D

Thatā€™s all I wanted to hear.

Hi folks:

Iā€™m Greg and I live in the foothills of the Sierra mountains between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. My grand daughter and I started playing yoyo together about a month ago and weā€™re having a lot of fun.

The California state championships are happening today and although I wonā€™t be making it there, we will be meeting our local yoyo club tomorrow for our first time.

I have to say how impressed I am with anyone who can do any of the cool tricks I see on yoyo videos. As a beginner Iā€™m amazed at how difficult a simple trapeze can be. Itā€™s quite a journey isnā€™t it?

OH, I should say that my grand daughter is learning on a YOYO Factory Fast 201 but sheā€™s already starting to get better than the yoyo. She doesnā€™t need a yoyo which helps her make it return so Iā€™ll be getting her a YF One yoyo tomorrow.

I have a YF Velocity and a grind machine and now that I can (usually) do a bind I use the grind machine almost exclusively. I think Iā€™m going to upgrade to a YF Shutter tomorrow.

Hello everyone, my name is Scott and i live 30 miles south of Chicago. I started yoyoing in the 70ā€™s just like every other kid, i still have my imperial and butterfly, in the 90ā€™s i baught my first bearing yoyo Playmaxx TBB, still have that one too. Just recently i decided to get back into throwing now that my wife is ill and the kids are gone just to pass the time and release some built up energy. I also baught a Taig to practice modding. Glad to find this site and all you people. Favorite throws now, CLYW chief, YYF genesis 7075 and One Drop code 1. It changes dadaily.

It is cool that you still have your Imperial and Butterfly. I lost my 1960 Butterfly way back when. For years I still had a Mardi Gras but that was lost a few years ago. I am glad you have joined us so WELCOME!

Hi guys my name name is Felipe and i have been yoyoing for a year now. I love it i think it is the most amazing thing in the world. Hope to see you around!

Hi everyone. I havenā€™t picked up a yo-yo in forty years or so. On a recent trip to Disneyland with my daughter we were killing some time one evening at Downtown Disney and came upon a Duncan pavilion. Watched a young man perform some really awesome tricks which piqued my interest so I purchased a Metal Drifter for my Daughter (myself) to play with. Being the era of internet forums and youtube videosā€¦ well here we are.

Currently we are practicing the basics, getting the yo-yo to sleep and return. Iā€™m getting the hang of that fairly quickly but one thing I notice is that sometimes the spin is not stable. The yoyo doesnā€™t spin out but it wobbles. Other times itā€™s stable but off axis (only way I know to describe it at this point) sleeping stable but at an angle. Obviously this has to do with my technique and how I throw.

I remember trying to read trick books as a kid and giving up. Videos and tutorials will make this enjoyable and itā€™s a relatively small investment to get started. Hopefully my daughter will take an interest and get some of her friends involved. She is really into Kendama as that craze went through the school here.

So Hello and any suggestions on fixing my wobble and off axis spin would be appreciated.

Itā€™s all in the throw, practice will smooth it out. And welcome.

1 Like

Welcome. Practice is the best suggestion I can make. Isnā€™t the Duncan Booth great? Considering where I live visiting the booth once a year is the only chance I have to see someone throw. If you are interested there are several players who are playing only fixed axle yoyoā€™s like what a few of us grew up with.

Just like to introduce myself.

Brian Fellhoelter here.
I make stuff.

I want to start making YoYoā€™s so bear with me, as I ask a bunch of questions in the coming weeks!

Hi everyone, my name is Jon and I got into YoYoing about 25 years ago. My folks got me one of Tommy Smothers Yo Yo Man instructional videos and I watched it constantly to pick up the basic tricks. I toyed with it for quite a while, but after moving, getting married, my yoyos sadly stayed in storage for about ten years :frowning:

Recently a friend pointed out that he was learning to throw, so I deceided to break out my old collection. I figure enough stuff has changed that Iā€™ll probably need to pick up a new yoyo to get started again, but itā€™s nice to know that I have a place to go to learn:)

H
My very old and dusty collection
https://i.imgur.com/mVpdWi3.jpg?1

MrH. you have some great classics there. Those TKs in particular.

Hello,

Iā€™m Ben. I currently study jazz at UNC in the town of Greeley, Colorado. Just got back into yoyoing lately from my buddy Zach Schutte (Look him up on youtube, heā€™s got really creative tricks and style). I started back in 2010 but ended up taking a big hiatusā€¦ Now that Iā€™m back, Iā€™m loving it more than ever.

I have a few videos up on youtube under ā€œBen Parrishā€. Check out ā€œyoyownedā€ if you want to see some hilarious pain.

Besides yoyoing Iā€™m really into writing music, hiking, mountain biking, and going after the ladiesā€¦

MrH, Great collection. Welcome!

Hi everyone! My name is Brady and I donā€™t even have a yoyo yet. My son is becoming very interested in his yoyo so I figured Iā€™d come here and learn what I can. Now Iā€™m off to find suggestions on what yoyo I should start with. Thanks for having me!