Introduce Yourself!

Hi! My name is taylor!
I have been yoyoing for bout 7-8 months. I would really like to go pro. Im home schooled so i have enough free time. Im 14 years old and yoyoing is my passion. Here is a video i made the other day ft. YYF REGEN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiybSshOvA

I would really appreciate some tricks you think i should work on or what i could do to get better :slight_smile:
Thanks

Hey yall. Iā€™m mike from Hattiesburg Mississippi. It is prettyā€¦ Okay here. Haha. I have a decent amount of experience with yoyos and am looking to get back into it. I am 19 years old and have a wonderful loving fiancĆ©. He cute xD. I am also a parrot, car, and anime fanatic. Feel free to PM me about anything your heart desires to talk about! Have a nice day

Bro you are really goodā€¦ I am not that good and Iā€™ve been doing this a year and a half! Welcome, make more vids man your sick on the strings

Hey peeps ;D Convig/Sam here.
Iā€™ve been throwing and learning new tricks for a little over a year now, when Iā€™m not killing time as a writer or at my ā€œotherā€ job for a local school district. I found YYE while searching the internets for a Protostar, then a Dark Magic 2, Cascade and Sakura SEā€¦ I stayed for the awesome tutorial vids and robot invasion.
Just got on the forums tonight in anticipation/impatience for the release of the Set Sail andā€“wait, seriously, thereā€™s no robots? Okay, I suppose theyā€™re not really that important to my being here after all.

Welcome Sam! I am new re too. Hope we both fit in well buddy :slight_smile:

1 Like

^Welcome

First post. Have been throwing for a while though admittedly not as much as Iā€™d have liked over the last decade or so (international move, family, workā€¦you know the drill). Recently rediscovered my old bag of throws and have been re-introducing myself and falling in love again! Located just outside of Melbourne, Australia but originally from the East Coast of Canadaā€¦have been around long enough to remember all the drama on a few of the old forums , the birth of freehand and off string and lucky enough to still own early mods from the likes of KC Jewel, Takeshi, YoEric, and Mo. Looking forward to catching up on the last decade or so!

Currently carrying a few throws with me daily. An original Dark Magic, Takeshi modded Throw Monkey, a Speedaholic and a OneStar.

ā€“
Ed

Welcome back to the throw.

1 Like

Hello all, my name is Bryan and although iā€™m not entirely new to the forums, I lost the info to the last one and had been a while since i was on anyways. So the main thing iā€™m having a problem with is uploading the profile picture. If i can get help with that itā€™d be much appreciated.
So on to the main introduction, I am 21 years old and stay in the southern CA area. Favorite tricks are anything that looks good to non-throwers (such as picture tricks) since iā€™m not much for competititions (Iā€™ve only been in one and got HUGE stage frightā€¦).
I expect to be more involved on these forums in hopes of uniting with fellow throwers.

Welcome Bryan!

The primary problem with uploading a profile pic is that its to large the max size for an avatar is
200 x 200 pixels. So you will probably need to re-size it hope that solves your problem good luck

1 Like

I am a yoyoer from Chicago I am not that good but everyone thinks in my school thinks I am good because well there is only one other yoyoer there but his best trick is walk the dog (but he is getting better) i have a small collection of yoyos: 2 velocitys , 1 butterfly XT (of course I have more but those are the cheap yoyos I got in goody bags at parties or carnivals and then theres 2 butterfly and 1 imperial but those suck so Iā€™m not including them). Going to buy a shutter, grind machine and a $20 yoyo soon or I might just get a 888x. So yeah, thatā€™s it.

Hello everyone! My name is Anthony, Iā€™m 22, I live in Middle-of-Nowhere, Mississippi, and I am addicted to the throw. I first started back during the 90ā€™s boom, but slowly became more interested in other things. But back in July, something happenedā€¦ I stumbled upon a Duncan Butterfly and the spark was instantly reignited. Since then I have upgraded to a Metal Drifter, after about a month, and then to a YYF Shutter at Christmas. Sadly, there seems to be no one in my area who shares my passion, which has led me to these forums, and I am extremely excited about meeting/communicating with other people finding themselves mesmerized by the magic that is a spiny thing on a string.

Welcome!

Keep in mind that the 888x is an undersized yoyo so if you like bigger throws you might want to look into something else. The 888 is a fun yoyo though but you may want to consider something bigger

Hey Iā€™m Filippo, Iā€™m Italian. I just started yo-yoing 3 months ago and I am already really good. my favorite yo-yo so far is the Magic yo-yo n12. Itā€™s my main throw.

welcome anthony. you came to the right place there are to of great players on here. And weā€™re here to help

Welcome Flippo

Hi my name is Louis. I started yoyo-ing about 4 years ago on and off. I started when my dad passed and I needed something to take my mind off of it. I found a yo-yo in my house and from there I couldnā€™t put it down. I just graduated from Lincoln Tech for electronic engineering and working at Infinera. My favorite yo-yo as of right now is the YOYOOFFICER Nifty. I wouldnā€™t say Iā€™m great but Iā€™m average :). I live in Jim Thorpe which is a small town and NO one yoyos around here which kinda stinks but oh well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome Louis!

Hello!
I am 55 years old. I played with yoyos when I was about 10. I had a Duncan Butterfly that was made of wood. My Mom bought it for me from a close-out bin. It didnā€™t have a string. It cost 10 cents. My brother showed me how to make a string out of some cotton string he had. I played with that yoyo ALL THE TIME. Learned to do Walk the Dog, Around the World, Rock the Baby. Then one day I just lost the Butterfly and after looking for it for a couple days just forgot about it. For Fatherā€™s Day in 2014 my kids gave me a Magic T-5 Overlord. Oh My Goodness how yoyos have changed?!?! I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll ever catch on to the new tricks and styles of play. Heck Iā€™m still struggling with doing the Bind and not end up with this weird extra string loop sticking out the side. The dang yoyo doesnā€™t wind up smoothly EVER! Haha. But I discovered the Loop 360. Well what-do-ya-know?-a yoyo that will come back with a slight tug. What will they think of next?

I am enjoying this re-discovered hobby a lot. I hope that this forum will be able to help me find some answers and that Iā€™ll make some friends along the way. Dire Straits said it best; ā€œLook at them Yo-yos! Thatā€™s the way ya do it! Ya play the guitar on the MTV! That ainā€™t workinā€™ Thatā€™s the way ya do it. Money for nothinā€™ and chicks for free!ā€ Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talkinā€™ 'bout!!!

Iā€™m 23, I live in Richmond, VA. I started throwing in middle school (around 2001/2002) with a nice unresponsive and got into some offstring, and my interest faded after a few months because high school came around. Just got back into it a couple months ago when I decided to ask for a nice yoyo for christmas (markmont classic - so sick), because I wanted something to do during study breaks (About to graduate from college this semester, and then starting med school, so study break is my favorite time.) Now that Iā€™m a bit older I see how meditative throwing is, and how well it takes my mind off of everything else. I was stoked to see this extensive online community with so many resources. Very different from when I started!

Also I just got a chief and a puffin off the BST this week. Theyā€™re coming in today (canā€™t wait to get off work!) and will be my first CLYWs, which wasnā€™t around when I started but looks like a great company.
So hello everybody! and thanks to everyone who is so welcoming!