Introduce Yourself!

I have yoyoed for a year since age ten and am using a Dark Magic II that i got for my birthday. My favorite trick is the matrix.

My Name is ben. Im 34.
My first yoyo was a russell SPRITE super I got from a small store near my school in 1984 when the visiting Russell yo-yo champions were in town. I got another one in 1984 when they came back but i couldnā€™t use them. When i was in high school I found my old yo-yos and slowly figured out how they worked. I got some more modern plastic yo-yos on a family vacation and i was hooked. YoYo polarity boomed in australia at this tome and i found myself ahead of the curve trick wise. this gave me the opportunity to work for the distributors of almost all brands of yoyo and a number of retail stores. I met traveling pros (Dale M, Bill d B, yohans) but yoyo interest declined. I went to college and still picked up some yoyo work here and there. The next summer i got offered a spot demonstrating yo-yos in London (i was the 2nd choice for the position) and from there I became a demonstrator for PROYO. I travelled the to about 12 countries for them and learnt the skills of a yo-yo pro. Eventually i went back to school and finished my degree but when i came out I got on another pro tour and while on this tour started putting time and money into starting a new brand with the focus of making yo-yos which were easier to learn tricks on. We settled on the name YOYOFACTORY, (which i still donā€™t really like but its a bit late now). To raise money for our first yoyo, the FAST 201, YoHans became a Tow Truck driver (TowHans?). The FAST 201 was launched to a confused yo-yo world. WHY? people said but luckily we got it in front of the right people and eventually it became distributed by HASBRO toys world wide making it one of the best selling Ball bearing yo-yos of all time.
We should have quit thenā€¦ but we loved yo-yos and made it our business. We Have worked with some other great distributors and retail partners over the 11 years of yoyofactory plus sponsored some great players. I even found a new love for competing, topped off by my 3rd place in the 2a division of the USA national contest in 2014.

Anyway, thats what i can remember about me today.

Hope to meet you someday!

4 Likes

[quote=ā€œyyfben2,post:4934,topic:51ā€]
Now what fun would that have been?

Hello, Iā€™m Ken. Iā€™ve been around the community since YYN. I registered for the forums because I need to get rid of some yoyoā€™s and make some tradezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

From one Kenn to another Ken, welcome!

Hi Everyone, Iā€™m Jeff

Iā€™m about 2 months into yoyoing but am totally OCD obsessed with it, so I practice about 3 hours per day and basically walk around all day with a yoyo in my hand ready to throw at a moments noticeā€¦

Currently working on speeding/cleaning up And Whut? and starting on Superman. I only do 1A play, and just occasionally mess around with 2A. Probably my worst trick at the moment is Black Hops. I have yet to get all the way through it. Probably the big sausage fingers arenā€™t helping meā€¦

My daily throw is an OD Gradient, and I also throw a Magic N12, a N9, and a YYF velocity. Occasionally Iā€™ll steal my sonā€™s YYF one and put a wide bearing in it for a while. I have an OD 54 and a G2 quake on the way off of the BST though! I prefer the buddah ripple bearing, spin my own strings (at the moment) and run flowable silicon for my response.

Anyway, Iā€™m also into woodworking, tool making, straight razors, fountain pens, and playing banjo.

Looking forward to making new friends and learning something on here. So far so goodā€¦

Jeff

Welcome Jeff! Black Hops is a tuffy Iā€™ve been throwing 3 years and I still struggle with parts of it

Sup,name is Sayak Chakrabarty and im from India.Hope to meet alot of awesome people here.Currently using a qixia champion yoyo,working on matrix and yukki sepencer repeter.
I used to play yoyos when blazing teens were in India,after a long time Im getting back into it with an unresponsive yoyo and its a lot of fun.Lets make the simple amazing.

Hi guys,
New to the community, my brother got me in to it. Currently using a CLYW Ava
Glad to be here :slight_smile:

^Welcome guys

Welcome Ben. Itā€™s cool to see the maker of one of my favorite yoyoā€™s (black Hubstack genesis) on the forum. I hope you enjoy the community here and am very much looking forward to hearing about yoyo factory more on these forums. Make sure you keep us up to date on all the latest and greatest. Is there a YYF suggestions thread? Because Iā€™d love to share ideas or thoughts about your products and Iā€™m sure others would too! I feel like now I can kinda put a personality or face to the yyf company which it seemed very corporate before, but thatā€™s not a bad thing. Well mate, one last welcome and glad your here. See ya around the forums ;D.

My name is Jule. I was into yoyoing as a kid and started with a ProYoII. From there I got a Fast 201 and then later a Freehand Zero. I then took a few years off from spinning before getting back into it. I currently play with an 888 the most. As far as tricks go I really enjoy making up my own stuff and combining elements Iā€™ve learned from videos into creating new things. I yoyo for the enjoyment and creative outlet that it provides. Iā€™m not looking to compete ever but will always enjoy throwing.

-Jule

Hello all, Iā€™m Justin and Iā€™ve recently decided to get back into throwing after about a 16-17 year break. I had an old Yomega Fireball back in highschool and at the time i could only do some basic picture tricks. I went home for Christmas this year and found my old yoyo in my room and was immediately hooked. I now have an OD 2014 W Benchmark (Thanks to an awesome person; you know who you are) and Iā€™ve been working my way through the trick tutorials on the site. Iā€™ve got the Matrix down and I started working on the Plastic Whip last night. I can pull it off, just working on getting to the point where I can nail it every time. Iā€™m really excited to join the community and look forward to years of throwing!

glad to have you on board justinā€¦ and you also started out with a beast yoyo.

yup, its quite sick man! Iā€™m afraid for my wallet though; cause I think Iā€™m hooked lol

my wallet hates me we havent talked in weeksā€¦ its also very hungryā€¦

Hello, my name is C.W. I have been yo-yoing for a little over two years. I live in Texas about 30 minutes south of Dallas. Going to the Lone Stare spinners meet up on the 14th.My favorite yoyo at the moment is the Yoyofactory Supernova. Also a Yoyofactory Too HOT coming to me in the mail from yoyoexpert!!!

NOICE!! Welcome to the Forums! ;D Itā€™s so exciting getting stuff in the mail, :wink:

Hi everyone my name is Paul, I am new to the forums and Iā€™ve been playing yoyo since I was in elementary school lol. Iā€™m a high school sophomore in Hawaii that loves buying and trading yoyos. I also love meeting people. Anyone interested in selling mint yoyos just let me know and I might buy. My favorite yoyo store is yoyoexpert and I learn yoyo at yoyofactory808. So anyone in Honolulu want to hangout just text me 808-753-6534 thank you everyone!

Welcome Paul! :smiley:

You do realize you just posted your phone number on the internet thus giving it to the whole world . Lets all spam him with texts! jk