Introduce Yourself!

Welcome Seth

Hello everyone,

I am Nitro_Lizard, but you can just call me Nitro. I just started yo-yoing after recieving a novelty drugstore yo-yo for Christmas. The moment I started playing with it I was instantly taken back to 6th grade. I forgot how fun it is. After two days strait of practicing the trapeze and going through two cotton strings I broke the yo-yo from tightening it down to much. That was a hard lesson learned, because I then had to wait a week for my F.A.S.T 201 to come in the mail. Now that I have it, every spare moment goes to mastering the tricks from the video section of this site. I canā€™t wait to learn how to bind so I can buy the trigger. The 201 is great, but sometimes the teeth grabs the string in the middles of a trick. Itā€™s a great beginner yo-yo, but it can sometimes be annoying. Iā€™m currently working on the double or nothing and I think Iā€™m close to hitting it consistently.

This seems like a great community and I canā€™t wait to read all of the advice listed here. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome and I look forward to reading your posts.

welcome Nitro! Hope you enjoy your stay, it is a great community! Feel free to pm me if you need advice on new yoyos or help on tricks :slight_smile:

Hello

My first yoyo was a fixed axle coca cola cheap thing given to me for participating at the local park in a yoyo lessons demo some 38 years ago give or take. I sucked and it hurt my finger so I never developed any proficeny. Shift to the present time, at christmas I bought a few starter yoyoā€™s so I would have something to do with my nephew who expressesed interest. Wow have things changed. Picked up a yyf velocity and a Sage from another site. Gave my nephew the sage and I kept the velocity. Iā€™ve learned how to bind and some of the simple tricks but I knew there was better for learning so in goes the order to YYE for a HitmanX and Protostar.

I immediately swapped out the hitmans thin bearing for a centertrack. Wow what an improvement. Both are outstanding. The longer more stable spins allow me to practice tricks far longer and therefore Iā€™m learning faster. Everything just seems easier. Going to keep the velocity for some responsive play or for my boy who like to just hold it by the string and drag it around. Heā€™s one. I probably wonā€™t need a new throw for a while but itā€™s fun to see everything that is out there.

Anyways so much fun. Must learn some new tricks tonight.

Hey! Iā€™m Ryan. Iā€™ve been yo-yoing for years but I never really took it too seriously until the past few days. Right now, I use a dv888 and canā€™t really do anything more advanced than Spirit Bomb. I canā€™t wait to improve my skillz and stuff.
Also, Iā€™m a musician.
Like a lot.
Thatā€™s what I mostly do.
kthxbye

Evening all, Iā€™m Dareece from the UK havenā€™t owned a yo-yo since I was in my late teens 10 years ago now looking to get back to it after a fun chat about with a work friend

only really learnt the basics back then, looking forward to buying my first yo-yo and carrying on where i left off.

Hello, my name is Boone and yo-yoing is my passion. I am 14 and I love to yoyo! I have been yo-yoing for around six months and I really enjoyed it. I was first interested in yo-yoing when my friend started showing off some tricks and I thought it was awesome! I later won a beginner yoyo and found your website. It is an amazing website and I just wanted to thank you. This site has helped me so much and I think you all are amazing! I received a dark magic 2 (my dream yoyo) for Christmas and it has been awesome. It is my favorite yoyo. I hope to keep moving on in my yo-yoing adventure and I am so glad that Andre Boulay made those videos. I have learned a lot. Thank you!

Andre Boulay is my favorite yo-yoer!

As a fellow Drummer I say Welcome! Just continue to practice and you will be amazed at how much you will learn.

Hi my name is Ken, I am a 3A player and a yoyo designer

very few new members say that they design yoyosā€¦

From one Kenn to another Ken - Welcome!

So Iā€™m a little late to the party. I actually got my first yoyo after years of playing with one- I had a yomega brain when I was a kid and my brother thought itā€™d be funny to get me one this last christmas. looked up a few videos, and decided to have some more fun. Picked up a yomega maverick and its become a stress reliever haha.

Iā€™m from south texas, im a concert/automotive photographer, and yeah thats me. Hello to everyone else out there!

Took this the other day after setting up some lights haha. gotta love the plaid wrapping paper backdrop ;-]

Hello Everybody, havenā€™t thrown in 5 years. Found my 5150 over the holidays, and now I canā€™t stop. Thought I would join the forums here when I found out YYN sadly went out of business. Hope to add to the conversation if I have something interesting to say.

Hey all u yoyoers out there! My name is Nolan and I just started yoyoing in 2014! My favorite yoyo is the Dark Magic 2 special edition Black Spade. I am working on the intermediate tricks and my favorite trick is drop in the bucket.u will be seeing my one year video in August of 2015!

Hi, Iā€™m Daisy and Iā€™m 19 years old. I just recently started learning tricks. I currently have a Duncan pulse and pocket pros creeper yoyo. I started getting serious about yoyos after I saw a few yoyo competitions on YouTube and saw how cool it was. After that I scoured the internet to find out yoyo information and came across yoyoexpert.

welcome daisy

Sup all. I started throwing about 3 months ago. Goto throws MagicYoYo T5-od10, N12-(I donā€™t know bearing company name)stock 10 ball cleaned and terrapin-x treated(family is home)or terrapin-x wing cut(outside or home solo-noisy). I played when I was much younger like in the early 90ā€™s. Recently bought a raider at the local T-r-U toy store and got hooked. Watched some vids on youtube (probably over 100) and got even more hooked. I even bought an early 90ā€™s Duncan Imperial glow for nostalgia. Great stress reliever. Waiting until feb. to buy a Civility and a Gradient, probably a 7 summits mt. mckinly once I get a few more tricks down packed (if wife doesnā€™t have a heart attack once the bill comes in hehe). Currently on the end of Expert part 1.

^Welcome all its always nice seeing new forum members around

Hello I just got back in to yo yoing. I played with them back in the late 90ā€™s and havenā€™t consistently used them since them. I got myself a Yoyofactory Protostar last week. Itā€™s pretty nice and different from what I use to throw. Back in the day my go to was the Yomega Raider and Henryā€™s Viper. I had several others as well though. All responsive so the unresponsive stuff is new to me. String tricks were tougher on those older ones thatā€™s for sure.

Welcome to the greatest online yoyo community of all time!