Introduce Yourself!

Welcome! This really is a great site I live on these forums literally if yoyoexpert shut down I think I might die

If youā€™ve been using a Whip the Gradient is gonna be incredible. Those are super stable and can handle about anything.

Plus, Side Effects 8)

xD thats why i ordered it.
thanks guys!

Hello! Iā€™m Nathan. I used to yoyo a lot in elementary school with my trusty Duncan Imperial from the toy store, but I only ever got as far as Rock the Baby. It wasnā€™t until recently that I met a new friend who introduced me to the whole scene. When the mystery box sale rolled around, I pulled the trigger and Iā€™m having a blast. I already got Split the Atom down 8) I love the site and Iā€™ll see yall around

Welcome Nathan

Welcome Nathan, glad to see you have got some tricks down! Looking forward to meeting you!

Hello, my nameā€™s Dave, thanks for the welcome!

The last time I threw it was way before unresponsives came to market, so, itā€™s been decades. But, when my kid got into it (itā€™s now a huge thing at school), I started digging around and found this.

Iā€™ve just received some throws to try, and I imagine my brand new Speedaholic wonā€™t look so brand new come Jan. 1ā€¦

Hereā€™s to practicing over carpetā€¦

with practice you wont hit itā€¦ have fun sandiego!

Hello Everyone~! Iā€™d like to start this intro with my past experiences and up until now:

The first time I threw was way back when I was still in grade school, and I had my light-up cheap plastic yo-yo to use. It wasnā€™t much and I dinged it over and over, yet it still was compact and ready for another throw. However, that was pretty much it for that experience until I turned a year or two older.

I still have this yo-yo today and I have just recently picked it up while rummaging through my childhood. The reason why I ā€œrummagedā€ was because of the new Kendama trend spreading around my High school. You maybe wondering, ā€œKendama? Well what about your yo-yo?ā€. The thing was I was averse to Kendamas and one of my closest friends at school had one, Yomega brand btw. It was pretty interesting to me that I did not decide to join the world of Kendamas, and instead I traveled the route of the mighty yo-yo. After several hours of comparing and contrasting, I felt that yo-yos were the thing for me. This led to the ā€œrummagingā€ of my yo-yo I once had when I was small. Surprisingly, I found it and I was excited to regain my yo-yo knowledge.

Nopeā€¦

I learned the hard way doing it, well, I shouldnā€™t say hard, but a typical way of someone revisiting their childhood toy. You pick it up, you forget that this happensā€¦blahblahblah, rinse and repeat. It was a learning experience that I took in and I learned from my mistakes. To sum this up, my mind was now set for learning and growing, ever since I was that young boy till what I am now. Iā€™ve just bought a YYF Hubstack as a beginner yo-yo to rely as my starting foundation to the more advance levels of play. I plan to buy a DV888 during this Christmas season and hopefully I can start unresponsive play as soon as possible!

Phew, if you made it here, then I thank you for reading ;D Usually I have a weird and funny personality, but I just wanted to let this out on my behalf. Thanks again!

-Decade

P.S. I know I didnā€™t have to make a lengthy read haha I just felt like it~
P.P.S I put a lot of ā€œ~ā€ in my posts
P.P.P.S Iā€™ll stop now haha~ bye!

Iā€™m glad to hear its a big thing in schools. Maybe the late 90ā€™s early 2000ā€™s boom is gonna come back, or was it later than thatā€¦oh well either way Iā€™m 26 and it was around when I was 14 -16, so I guess around 2004-05.
Dinged throws are the best man, it means you play with em. I have my few I keep mint and only go on carpet, but I have my work horses. My hubstack genesis from yoyo factory is so beat there is no more black on the rim, and it still throws solid with absolutely no vibe at all beautifully, id suggest one if you get into it. Anyway, just read the signature man. Dings are like war scars, gives em personality and lots of stories ;D.

HY EVERYBODY! iā€™m gunter(itā€™s not my real name x) ) and iā€™m a 15 years old french yoyo player.i play since 9 month,and iā€™m here to share my passion with a larger community (iā€™m already a member of the french yoyo association board) . Iā€™m also here to improve my english.I love drawing,paint,do graffiti (i make murals since 2 month,but i sketch since 2 and a half years),juggling (little balls,diabolo(a little bit two diabolos) wood turning(when iā€™m not to busy with school,i make some stuff,like pills or spintops.)i also listen music,almost everytime,i listen mainly french RAP (Lucio bukowski,Nekfeu,Screw) but i also enjoy folk/skandinavian metal( eluveitie :o) ,indus metal,french song (bashung,sometimes gainsbourg).

my main style is 1a,but i also throw a little bit in 5a,and iā€™m found of fixed axle (i use a modded fhz)
my favorite throws are vosun crawler(my main throw) The diffusion v1 and the seed(but iā€™m too poor,i cant afford it)

sorry if i make wrong sentences,i will try to be understandable ;D

Welcome Gunter

Your English is really good actually for a second language how long have you been learning?

i learn english since 4/5 years,i dont realy remember! iā€™ve littles problems with the utillisation of the preterit/plus perfect/BE+ing ,and i have to improve my vocabullary ^^

Howdy,

Name is Ronald, from Texas. When I was in Junior High/High School I was heavy into yoyo-ing and even won a local contest back then. But this was back when the Yomega Fireball was all the rage (Metal yoyos were just beginning and Unresponsive I dont think even existed then)

A week ago I bought a cheap duncan on a whim and now I am eager to get back into it. Through some advice on this forum, I will be getting a YYJ Unleashed for looping and a c3 Speedaholic for string tricks for Christmas (along with strings/lube, etc)

Iā€™m Baaaaaaaack!

Welcome Ronald those are excellent yoyo choices the speedaholic is amazing for how cheap it is

my first throw,i love it,and with experiences,yo can fingerspin with it !

Hello everyone!

So, Iā€™m a 19 years old brazilian begginer yoyoer and that really sums it all up. I think some of you may ask something ike how I got here, why i throw, whatā€™s my fav yoyo and stuff like that, so Iā€™ll clear that out as well.

When I was a kid my father gave me a fixed axle, that was his main throw in the 80ā€™s, and I played a lot with that yoyo until I gave up on yoyoing. Than in 2008 I bought a plastic yoyo called Mars by a brazilian companny called Timeless yoyos and with this yoyo I leard how to bind and some basic string tricks than I gave up on yoyoing once again until early this year. In june I got my Mars back and started to land some trick but tha yoyo was not that good. the spin times were really short and it was difficult to lear with it. Two months later I got a aero-yo rocket on ebay. I was really excited about it because it was my first metal yoyo, but now I kind think it was a bad choice. First of all it was a undersized yoyo(Iā€™m a big handed guy), and I got some problems with it. When I first got the yoyo it had no vibe, had good spin times and things like that, so I openned it up cleaned the bearing lubed it and started playing. For a month or two it was really good and I was happy with it but all the sudden the yoyo starded getting reponsive and noisy so I thought it was time to clean the bearing again, so I openned the yoyo and the axle and bearing were on the same side of the body and the axle was stuck, so when I finally could get it out the little lips of the whole where you screww the axle were attached to the axle it self and the yoyo was dead. And finally I got here to look for a new yoyo.

So Iā€™m thinking about getting a Orbis or a Jeager by Yoyofficer because they are in the $50 range and thatā€™s what I can afford to buy. Just for clearance If I buy a $50 yoyo itā€™s like you (in the US) buying a CLYW yoyo and buying a brazilian yoyo is not an option because the price would be the same and the quality is not that good (I think).

So to sum this really lenthy post. Iā€™m a brazilian yoyoer that had a really sad experience and is looking for help.

P.s.: Sorry for the gigantic post and my poor english.

Hi, My name is Davon just turned 27 and Iā€™m pretty new to yo-yo tricking. I have learned most of what I know from this site and the videos by AndrĆ© Boulay (Mad thanks btw). I currently own a YYJ Fever and love it. I really am hoping I will get a Center trac ball bearing for X-mas from my GF. But if she doesnā€™t I will be getting one for myself beginning of the new year.I am very interested in learning new tricksā€¦my biggest issue is being patient with myself as a lot of these tricks take time and repetition. This site is a great tool for learning though, so thank you guys for fueling my passion. 8) 8) 8)

To MatheusMota,

Welcome! Your English is fine. I hope you enjoy learning some new tricks :slight_smile:

To devolaty,

Welcome! The fever is a nice Yoyo. The center-trac is a fine bearing

1 Like

nah its fine! and nice to meet you! i just happen to be friends with a foreign exchange student from Brazil at my school its so nice to meet to you! hope you enjoy the hobby!

1 Like