Introduce Yourself!

Ah the Fun Times…haven’t been on the forums in a long time. I started yoing sometime in the late 80’s, although my skill level totally doesn’t reflect my time throwing. I live in Atlanta for the moment and am a member of the Georgia Institute for Return-Top Sciences, a.k.a. the GIRTS. I also dable in modding with my father-in-law’s wood lathe when I get the chance. FunTimes out!

Hi! I’m Jade, a “Twelv-ie” who lOVES yoyoing. I just started throwing around 8 weeks ago, and I can already do a few tricks. I live in Australia, so I don’t have a team i can join or anywhere to compete. I did start Nowra Yoyo Team, featuring me and few others who are good at yoyoing. If you want you can check out the website:
Yoyo Nowra

Hello guys my name is Charles Paulson. Call me charlie. I’m currently 18 yo and just started playing yoyo for 1 and a half month. I have an electric flash yoyo for my 3rd yoyo. i’m trying to learn some basic mount and currently have a big problem on learning 1.5 mount. I’ll post some thread later. hope u guys can help me. also I was looking for a new yoyo for my big brother for christmas. my budget is under 130$. can u guys recommend me some good yo-yos? thx. my big bro taught me the whole yoyo thing btw. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I answered you PM but let me say welcome! Do not worry about the 1.5 problem, It took me a while to learn it too. The best thing to do is just work at it and have fun. Is that $130 US? The next question would be what is available in your country? My favorites are the YYF Cypher ($60 US) and the Duncan Torque ($45 US).

I’m Don. I like to throw.

Hi!

Just joined today after purchasing myself a Duncan Butterfly yesterday. I’m Looking to learn some tricks, get some experience and have a lot of fun. After reading a bit on the internet, it seems my yoyo is very entry level, but, if it shows me I need a better tool, I’m only out a few bucks. A bit about me: I’m 44, married with 3 kids and I live in CT.

Happy holidays to all!
French

Welcome Don! have you been throwing for a while or just start/pick it back up?

Whats up French! Duncan butterfly is fine for the basic responsive play, and if you stick with the hobby I’m sure one of your kids will want to start out on it. If your looking for a unresponsive modern yoyo without breaking the bank, I would check out the yoyofactory Onestar with the center trac bearing, its not a bad throw at all! They also sell a responsive version of the onestar that you will get a much longer sleeper then your current butterfly if you want to stick with a tug to bring it back up.

44 is a great age and perhaps you kids will share your interest.
Yes, the Butterfly is entry level but if you look on these forums you will find a good many throwers doing some fantastic things with a fixed axle such as yours. The number one thing, as far as I am concerned, is to have fun and I am sure you can do that.
Merry Christmas.

Hi, I’m Will. I’m 16, and have been throwing for about a year and a half. right now I’m throwing a shutter and a 2013 genesis

Sup man! I’m Bill I’m 26, I’ve been throwing for a year and I lost my 2013 Hubstack genesis and it’s killing me !!! I currently replaced it as my everyday throw with my shutter. Dude too funny, same name same yoyos (except I have a lot more now and my BVM2 is prob my fav since my genesis is gone) and we have both been throwing for about a year and a half. Welcome to the forums man!

Hey! I’m Ricardo and I’ve been Yoyoing for 3 years. I’ve been Yoyoing off an on during those years. I’m currently throwing a yyf bloody murder horizon and I keep my yoyo collection small. I have a g funk, horizon, pop star, severe, and shaqler star (that I’ve modded for off string). I joined to get inspiration becuase I have a lot of weird combos but it takes me about 4 months to come up with one combo lol.
That’s all I have to say. I’m looking forward with throwing with all you people here.

Hey guys, I’m Joey. I just bought my first “real” yoyo earlier today while afterchristmas shopping (I had a yoyoball, and some electronic yoyo that counted the number of times you could bring it up and down when I was a kid). It was a Duncan Butterfly I found for $1.75, and I loved it so much, I went to the ToysRUs next door, and bought a $10 two pack with a Duncan Speed Beetle and Proyo immediately after opening and playing with a yoyo for the first time in 10 years, I’m 23 now. So fast forward a few hours, and I loved these so much, I did some google research and just bought a YoYoJam SR-71 about 3 minutes ago.

I do have quite a few expensive hobbies, so I probably won’t exactly be getting a new yoyo all the time, but I do think I have a lot of learning to do until I even should look at getting other yoyos.

Anyway, I’m excited to start learning more than just how to use a yoyo in the first place, and I’m glad I found this site.

yo mates, I like to yo-yo

Don’t worry about getting more yoyo’s. With the ones you have you can learn a lot. Just start at the beginning of the learn section and remember to have fun.

picking it back up. I took my son to the toy store several months ago and saw a fireball, the yoyo I used to have in high school. I bought it and started learning some string tricks and have since upgraded to an unresponsive yomega dash, and a yoyofactory grind machine. I’m starting to get consistent with my tricks and thinking about getting a high end throw, any suggestions?

2 of my favorite throws are the czm8 and the shutter, they’re not high end, but they are really good for the money

Hi, my name is Clay. I’m 24, recently started yoyoing here in South Carolina. I used to mess around with an x-brain when I was a kid, then completely forgot they even existed haha. Then a few months ago I saw a video of Zach Gormley and was blown away. I had no idea throwing like that was possible! I started exploring all the other great throwers as well and bought myself a one drop gradient and started throwing and I have a blast doing it! My wife can’t believe I have so much fun with a yoyo haha. Anyways I’m looking forward to getting to know this community and maybe getting involved in the Buy sell trade in order to get my hand on some different throws to experiment with and see what I like!

hey clay which part of South Carolina… pm your answer because me an another guy meet up everyonce in awhile to throw.

hello my name is rabid raccoon and im new to this site so bare with me if i dont know anything but my favorite throw is the CZM8 and YYO musket.

hello I’m Dylan I’m using a shutter yo-yo and if you did not guess I Idell Gentry Stein im looking for yoyoers in Lancaster Ohio to meet up with contact me at awsomemon123@gmail.com