Introduce Yourself!

welcome keystone

Thanks for the suggestion but I already had a Northstar and didn’t like it at all because of the deathgrip spacers and because I think its design is flawed (its too easy to overtighten it and you can’t see the axle protruding until it is already bending the plastic). Protostar seems to have the same flaws.

Greetings to all. My name is Rowland. I am just a simple teen from southern Cali, who found the amazing sport/hobby of yo-yoing. I wish to master a lot of tricks; and all of the vast variations that govern it. I’ve been yo-yoing for 2 1/2 years now. I would like to meet other yo-yoers around my community, and for us to share our experiences with each other. I love yo-yo’s that other companies make. There are so many models that are good, that it is almost impossible to chose a favorite. As a result, I would like to continue this path that I have chosen for myself for year’s to come!

Hey guys my name is Ken from Indonesia and i’ve gone back into a few weeks back when i realized that a fellow Indonesian took 6th place in WYYC 2014 which is pretty amazing considering yoyoing isn’t that big in Indonesia nowadays ;D

^Welcome Guy’s

Hello all,
My name is Robert Townsend, and I am a 41 year old new yoyoer. My son starting yoyoing several years ago and has been teaching an old dog new tricks. I found out about Yoyoexpert through him and all the cool items he shows me on the site. I have joined the crowd in hope of scoring him a mystery box for Christmas and have failed to do so the last two days, so I am waiting and hoping today will be that day. My son is Robert Townsend Jr and he represented Southeast Colorado at the competition in Denver this year. He did not place but it’s the experience that counts and he now knows what to expect in future competitions. We have a great yoyo club here in Lamar Colorado and this year he has progressed enough in his skills to become the assistant to the club lead. Very proud of my son and his yoyo achievements and I enjoy watching all of the talented men and women in the yoyo game.

Thank you for your time and have a great holiday season!

Sup, I’m not releasing my name age, or anything else, but just so you know, I LOVE THE SHUTTER.

yay! another girl yoyoer!!!

Hi, Ben from the UK! Just bought a Togo! That’s why im here!

Damn autocorrect! YOYO!

1 Like

Welcome Ben

hello, im frank and i consider myself an intermediate, ive been yo-yoing about a month now and im planning on buying a more professional yo-yo. the yo-yo i currently own is a magic yo-yo shadow t8. i find it really good for the price i paid but its taken some hits and stuff. ive been looking at 2 yo-yos specifically and i really like both the YOMEGA Prodigy and the CLYW artic circle. there is a price gab between both but if you guys can tell me more about them and your own thought on either or would be great.

lol.

Welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome Frank

Hi I’m Timothy

For me yoyoing is a way to calm me down. I first got started in yoyoing when the NED yoyo company came to my school and a classmate of mine stood up and did cooler tricks than the presenter. I thought that he was really cool and one day he brought a YYJ New Breed to class. Since he was the best player we saw at that time, we all wanted to buy New Breeds. I finally gathered enough money to buy one but I got really frustrated when I couldn’t get it back up. I pretty much gave up on it until about 2 years ago when a friend of mine gave me a yomega hotshot for my birthday. I learned the tricks pretty fast but I broke my hotshot so I bought a DM2. I eventually learned the bind and instantly fell in love with my New Breed. I currently own a: Trigger, DM2, New Breed, and a Classic with a speed bearing.

Welcome Timmy

Hi I am Howard, form Taiwan.
My first yoyo experience was in 1998.
At that time hyper yoyo was popular in my region.
Every kids including me are excited about it.
I was playing a yoyo I can’t remember the name.
Though I didn’t learn much tricks at that time.

After that, it been a while. I start my yoyo journey again.
Have you ever had a moment like,
you want to do something and you have no idea why…
Is like you are alone, walking on the street, after stressful work…
Suddenly, A idea comes out no where,“let’s play yoyo.”
and I say"okay,why not?"
I know it’s kind of random but it is how it start.

For me yoyoing is sort of personal thing,
why I saying that is because that people around me didn’t play yoyos.
I usually play it on my way home, my room…
But I kind of enjoy it, learning new tricks,looping whatever I like~ No pressure.

To get started,the first yoyo I bought is yyf Fast201.
This yoyo mean something to me.
Cause the day I receive it ,my gf break up with me.
So I call it HeartBreaker. lol
It’s really nice yo to start with.
Currently I don’t limit myself in 1a or 2a.
I learn what I feel cool :wink:

Welcome to the community Howard!

Yoyoing is a great way to just chill out and have fun. If you have any yoyo questions all of us here on the forums are happy to help.

1 Like

Hello all yoyoereres… bleh. My name is Pierce, also known as TheArcadeKid.
Ive been yoyoing for about 4 months now but am still terrible lol.

My favorite trick is probably the Green Triangle, I just love the way it looks and feels to do as a finisher.

i currently own a YYF whip, Yomega maverick, (OneDrop Gradient and YYF loop360 coming in the mail supposedly today, majorly excited about that by the way)

I look forward to getting better with all of you.

P.S. thank you YoyoExpert for making such a good site for learning tricks and buying yoyos!