Introduce Yourself!

^^ I suggest not going all out but trying one style at a time. But, anyways, WELCOME TO THE FORUM FAMILY!

(NOTE: Sometimes, we don’t act as friends but we are. Don’t worry, everyone’s welcome and liked) :smiley:

Hello from the Philippines!!! My name is Mino and I recently started learning how to do tricks on the yoyo. Please kind to me senpais!!!

My name is Alex and I do 1a and I’m pretty new but I could do cold fusion,etc.

Hello everyone, old timer who just got his first unresponsive yoyo. Looking forward to learning all the new stuff thats happened in the past 10 years. Last new yoyo was a super spinfaktor, just picked up a revival.

Luke

Shouldn’t be a problem to pick up where you left off. When I discovered unresponsive it had been 25 years since I last rocked the baby on a wooden yoyo. :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m from chile. I currently own a YYF Shutter, a ONE and a DV888. I have been playing 1A for 5 months and waiting for a package with 2A yoyos and more 1A yoyos (I needed good plastics to practice so I don’t beat my shutter too much).

Welcome to the forums.

The Northstar and Protostar are really good plastics for the price.

Hi everyone, im from hesperia, ca. my friend got me into the sport of yoyoing about a year ago and i love it . Im getting better everyday thanks to the videos on yoyoexpert.com

Welcome! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Im Grayden. Im a tad new to yo-yoing and I’ve loved it. Hope to meet some of you guys and gals!

Welcome to the forums Grayden

Hey everyone I’m Zen, I used to yoyo a few years back and just today received my new Shutter and can’t wait to start throwing again :smiley:

Welcome to the forums Zen. The shutter is a great yoyo

Hey all! Old man starting from scratch here. I had a Duncan Butterfly back in the day and couldn’t do anything more than Walk the Dog and Around the World. Researching a Christmas present for my much younger brother-in-law got me interested in yoyo again recently. Haven’t been at it long, but starting to learn how to bind with an unresponsive setup and getting ready for my first metal yoyo purchase.

Welcome aboard, DrG! Lots of us old guys around here. I’ve organized an “old people” video contest for the past 2 summers and there’s good turnout. Plus there are at least several “regulars” and mods who are in the older category.

Have fun, and if you have questions, post’em to the main forum and someone’s bound to help.

Hi my name is Owen and i am intrested in yo-yoing because at my school there is a 7th grader who shows people yo-yo stuff:)

Hello, just joined the board from Bogotá, Colombia.

I probably had some cheap Duncans as a kid, but that’s about it. Then last year or so I was wanting something to play with to keep my hands busy while I walked around (I lived in DC, had no car and took the subway everywhere so lots of walking). I have a Spyderco Bali-yo, non-threatening little plastic toy used for mimicking butterfly knife tricks, but I was wanting something like a rubber ball I could bounce. But I noted that a bouncing ball would pick up street dirt and get my hands all gross. Then it struck me: a yo-yo would be like a bouncing ball that didn’t have to touch the ground.

At this point I knew zero about yos or their tricks, so I surfed Amazon and ended up getting a bright green Duncan Mosquito. Learned a few really basic tricks, and went crazy and bought a box of used yoyos on eBay, which most notably included a Duncan Throw Monkey, and also bought a few from a dedicated-yo site, got a Henry Lizard, and got a Duncan Flying Squirrel for me and a few extras for friends.

I did yoyo pretty frequently for a few months (though learning few new tricks) including working it while walking down the huge hallways at the Pentagon. Then got caught up in music hobbies and was back to mostly my Bali-yo for a while.

I moved down to Colombia earlier this year with my 'Monkey and 'Squirrel. My girlfriend was coming to visit me, so I had her bring down some US stuff (including Old Bay seasoning), and including a One Drop Dingo. I’ve been carrying it around every day since, playing with it a ton (though still not pushing my boundaries much on tricks). It looks great, handles smooth, and fits in my pocket along with my money-clip even in my skinny jeans.

I was apprehensive at first since it’s non-responsive and I didn’t know how to bind, but I figured it out pretty quick. I’d also read that its small string-gap makes it hard to land, but I’ve been finding totally the opposite. I’d been okayish at landing my 'Monkey and not great with my 'Squirrel, but with the Dingo I’m having really great success landing the trapeeze on a regular basis. Despite its small size it balances really well, and it’s got a lot of flare in a small space. It almost feels like it’s in slow motion when it swings up, so my trapeeze is getting great.

My next planned purchases include the YYF Grind Machine, since the pull-start fascinates me. I’d also like to get a few other pocket yoyos; maybe a responsive one for contrast. So that’s me, glad to be here.

Hi everyone, just started and thought I would post here!

As a kid, yoyo went through a stage of being a bit of a craze here in the UK, that was in the 90s!

I am now 24, and have bought a magic Yoyo dark angel.

Felt a bit strange having a yoyo that is unresponsive, but I have got the binds down now, and learnt my first trick, the plastic whip.

I am a bit confused where to start looking for tricks, as it seems most beginner tricks are aimed at responsive yoyos. Where is good to learn some unresponsive stuff?

Well, I hope to learn loads more, and get chatting to you experts!

well nice to meet you conan if your looking for a good site to learn tricks yoyoexpert has one of the best set up tutorial systems i have seen although i prefer this site when trying to learn more complex tricks.

this site also has more tricks then yoyoexpert does.

Hello people! I’m Ciara Stein, just got back yoyoing a few months ago. Hadn’t touched a single yoyo for almost 7 years but after coming across an old speed dial I am getting back into the swing of things big time! ;D Just got me a nice shiny red YYF Shutter last month and am lovin’ it! Am also finally progressing again so figured I’d find a place I could get in a chat on the topic of yoyos an’ such, and so here I am! :smiley: