Introduce Yourself!

HI, ;D
MY NAME IS JACLYN FROM MALAYSIA
FAV.YOYO =VELOCITY
TRICKS= Er… I like all of tricksC
my boyfriend JH told me about this web:D
ER…im sorry I don’t know english very well if something wrong with my words pls don’t blame

First time on this particular board.

Bonjourno.

Hello everyone! I’m 23, and I live in Sydney. I’ve been yoyoing for about three weeks, and I play whenever I can find time in between my studies. When I was in primary school, I was only allowed to have a cheap duncan imperial and could only do looping tricks… fast forward more than 10 years and here I am obsessing all over again after I stumbled upon a yoyo trick video on youtube. The ONEstar is my first yoyo after all this time and I’m loving it!

Cheers~

The OneStar is a good way to start. Welcome and most of all have fun with yo-yoing.

1 Like

Hi folks. Name is Stuart. Nice to meet you all.

I am a complete newb in this game. Looking forward to picking up some useful tips and tricks.

Getting into this with hopes to learn with my daughter. We are both newbs. Daughter is 9yrs old. I picked her up a YYF Velocity for her first yoyo and picked up a YYF dv888 pulsar edition for me. Looking forward to learning the in’s and out’s.

Thanks.

Hey there!
I’m a seventeen year old chick in Florida who started doing yoyo on and off last year but really got into it at the beginning of August this year. I started out with a Duncan Freakhand/Freehand from Toys R Us and after a month I graduated up to an Emerald Green Dark Magic II to start working on intermediate tricks. I absolutely love my Dark Magic for non-responsive tricks and still use my Freehand (I call it my Baby Blue) to practice and learn new tricks. It’s gotten pretty beaten up but it still works very well.
I’ve worked my way through the beginner and most of the intermediate tricks on this website and I’ve found this site extremely helpful. It’s taught me all I know about yoyos and tricks!
I mostly practice at school between classes so I don’t get much practice, but I am looking around for clubs in my area who could possibly help me with the trouble I’m having with double or nothing mounts and the Matrix and Rewind tricks.

Happy to be a part of this community! :3

Hello and welcome, you both! If you haven’t, try Miguel Correa’s youtube tutorials to supplement what you get here. They can be really helpful because he annotates his movements with arrows or circles out fingers that you need to take note of, with pauses too so you can just take a good look at hand positions. Stuart, this should be extra useful for you and you daughter :slight_smile:

Enjoy~

Hellooo my name is Sam and i am new to yo-yoing. My friend Zac told me about this site and i am having fun learning many new tricks from the helpful tutorials on this site. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Welcome! its always great seeing new people on here.

Welcome to the wonderful world of yoyoing. :smiley:

Hi everybody my name is louie im 30 years old just got back into YOYOS after 18years of not touching one I stumbled across a video of the 2013 world champ janos and after watching that video I fell in love with yoyos all over again im taking learning tricks slowly but I really dig slack and whip tricks and green triangle tricks right now I’m learning on a yoyofactory shutter but gonna pick up some others in the coming weeks to learn on different types of throws

Welcome Louie! There are a lot of resources here to help you learn. Check out the BST, a lot of times you can get good deals on great throws by buying used. Welcome back to the world of yoyo!

Happy Throwing!

Welcome! I too caught the yoyoing bug after stumbling across a World Championship freestyle (Mickeys), so I know what it’s like to have that “I had no idea yoyoing had come so far!” moment. Good to have you back on board sir! :smiley:

I’m a yoyoer at my school and I use YoyoFactory yoyos a lot. I also use YoyoJam and One Drop. I go to YoyoExpert almost every week and I usually try out yoyos and I also buy things their.

Hello everyone; My name is Tyler. I live nearby the Portland area in Oregon and I love all that is Yo-Yoing. I’m a novice at this wonderful hobby at best, but I strive to get better with each passing day. (Can’t go a day without picking up a Yo-Yo. :stuck_out_tongue: ) My favorite Yo-Yo is the ‘YYF Shutter,’ though it’s currently is pieces due to the response pads falling off… My favorite trick(s) would have to be a tie between Branding or Kamikaze. I found this website through looking to buy my first Yo-Yo after watching some awesome videos on Youtube. ::slight_smile:

I am an enthusiastic yo-yoer who has been playing on and off for 15 years. In this time, I have switched my yo hand from right to left. Looking for other yoers in my community - Kitchcner-Waterloo, Ontario Canada. :slight_smile:

Darn, just a bit too far to make for an easy meet-up! I’m in Ottawa. Welcome to the forums anyhow! There’s an active club in Toronto and Nationals are planned for Toronto next year. Perhaps we’ll cross paths there.

Hello everyone, my name is Patrick from SoCal. Gotten back into yoyoing after a long break of 11 years (since my last contest). Used to throw from 98-03 and was able to give me the honor to compete against some notable names as well as winning some ladder contests. :slight_smile:
Although I dabbled from time to time, but never bought another yoyo since than, until recently got back into it when shopping online and wanting to get free shipping, added a Magic YoYo T8 Shadow and oh man what a difference of play.

My previous yoyos that I always used was the original duncan freehand, so with the few new ones I’ve bought recently has added some new ideas for tricks. We’ll see how things go!

Welcome to the forums Patrick :smiley:

I’m Jake and I’m relatively new to yo-yoing. I learned some things 2 years ago and I still remember them. In the past week of finding my yo-yo, I learned how to use my YYF Counter Attack and even added a counter weight to it. I am getting a Breast Cancer Edition Yo-Yo Jam Go BIG and I can’t wait for offstring play. Still can’t get used to looping…