Introduce Yourself!

Hello! My names Juan, im a car enthusiast but ive always loved yo-yos. Got really into when I got a maverick last month. So far ive got a few beginner 1a tricks down like trapeze, double or nothing and the zipper. Hope to learn lots here, and cant wait to move up to an unresponsive yoyo.

Yes yo-yoing can be an art, but with practice you can become good at it. So, welcome and Have FUN!

Hi Iā€™m Peggi. Senior in high school. Just started yoyoing so I kinda suck at it. Got into it after talking to some people about hobbies. I am a pen spinner and have been for about 3.5 years. College apps are busy right now so I probably canā€™t learn tricks until I finish

Welcome! Do not worry if you do not play well. Just take your time, stick to it, and most important: HAVE FUN!

my name is Anthony Frandi, Iā€™m a beginner player, my yoyo is yyf one, looking for good yoyo beetween shutter,level6, or jaeger thank you :slight_smile:

hey guys my name is josh and im pretty new to the yoyo world. i remember playing when i was younger (22 now) and then went looking through my old boxes and then poof i found my old yomega fireball and havent stopped playing with it since. i plan to have a collection of old vintage yoyos and new ones along with ones to play with aswell. hope to learn lots from this form.

Welcome everybody! Anthony: all 3 of those are great choices! You cannot go wrong with any of them.

Hello all :slight_smile:

My name is Ivan. I am 22 and a senior Computer Engineering student. Ever since I was a kid, I was always amazed with the yoyo. I remember we had an assembly in our elementary school and the guy was doing some pretty neat tricks. After that, I bought some Glow in the Dark yoyo that had a picture of a tiger in it (if you guys know which yoyo that is, kudos for you because I donā€™t know). However, I donā€™t know what happened but I stopped. Now I am right back at it again and more into the hobby. Right now I have 2 Duncan Pro Zā€™s with MOD spacers and 1 Duncan Torque (Blue and currently my favorite :slight_smile: ). Also, I am trying to expand my collection because yoyos are awesome toys. I donā€™t know very many tricks as I am still learning (know some of the basics such as some picture tricks and side mount tricks and others). I am trying to learn the Matrix because I am trying to pull off a good string combination tricks. As you can tell I am a 1A guy haha.

A few other things about me:
-I live in southern California (specifically in the OC, near Downtown Disney). If there are any of you guys near that area let me know! I want to go to some meet up and just learn more.
-I like sports, I just donā€™t play that often and I donā€™t watch most of the time. However I would watch and play soccer when I can.
-Its been a few months since I have picked up my electric guitar. If you play and would like to jam to some good punk rock and just rock in general hit me up :slight_smile:

I really wonā€™t post much here to be honest (I mostly lurk) but feel free to hit me up for anything :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Always happy to hear someone with a computer related interest.

Is computer engineering the only thing you are interested in computer wise?

Sup. My name is Anthony. I currently have a Duncan Pro Z, a YoMega fireball, a Duncan Butterfly, and a Duncan imperial. I donā€™t use the older yoyos, which are the imperial and butterfly. Iā€™m 13. And Iā€™m newish to yoyos I started yoing 4 years ago. Stopped. And now Iā€™m back at it sand trying to get more serious about it. So any tips and tricks anyone would want to show me it would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Welcome! Check out the tricks section and find out if thereā€™s a local club near you. :slight_smile:

Hello my name is Eyan, im from California, im 18, ive been on and off from yo-yoing for about 2ish years. Im just now getting back into it because i missed it for sometime now but my yo-yo (boss by yoyofactory) needed to replace the response pads just never took the time to buy them. i now have a job to be able to afford to purchase whatever i want. i hope to be able to enter a contest so i can meet new people and to meet people that can teach me new yo-yo tricks. The reason i like to yo-yo is it gives me a good feeling to show and entertain people that never seen how cool yo-yoing can be and to be able to witness me putting on a show for people. BTW i never actually ever joined a form of any tipe before

I have a very good interest in quantum computing :slight_smile: . I also enjoy doing security (software and getting into hardware). I like coding stuff haha.

I used to game somewhat haha. League of Legends, CS:GO, Torchlight 2 and others.

Thanks. I actually have checked it. And there arenā€™t any. Unfortunately

hello my name is Anthony Frandi, im 18 y.o ( december my age will be 19)
Iā€™ve been playing yoyo since a month ago
my yoyo now is YYF one (waiting for my yoyos to come (musket and t8)
my skill ive learnt just now is split the atom,brain twister,mach 5,rewind(60%),barrel roll
im stuck with side play like rewind because of yyg one inner wall, its so tall and easily get unstable.
thanks.

Iā€™m a 68 yr old grandfather. Someone sent me the Boing Boing and Double suicide links. Yo-yoā€™s have changed a lot since I was a kid in Brooklyn.

Iā€™m looking more for my 10 yr old grandson, but it would be nice to be able to demonstrate the correct techniques to help him learn.

I was also checking out the spinning tops for sale. WOW! They can cost as much as a bike! I guess you donā€™t play ā€œcrack topā€ with a $100 top.

Iā€™ll have to check out some more of the yo-yo trick videos when I get a chance.

Welcome to the site! Boingy Boing is a relatively advanced trick for some people. Have a look at ā€œMach 5ā€ and ā€œSplit the Atomā€ as starter fancy tricks. :wink:

As a 65 year old grandfather (from the Bronx) I say WELCOME< WELCOME<WELCOME!
One of my granddaughters is 8, and likes to throw with grandpa.

Hi every one my name is shane im 17 almost 18 i love yoy

oing its my favorite thing to do and you can do it just about any where im nice and like making new friends im still learning how to yoyo better but ill get it my favorite yoyos are off string and free ha :Pnd my favorite ones are the dv888 love how it plays well im runing out of things to say so bye :stuck_out_tongue:

Helloā€¦my name is JH, sorry for late introā€¦Iā€™m from Malaysia. My fav. yoyo is the YYF DV888 & my fav. trick is the brain twister I guessā€¦& I love yoyo since I was 5