Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the forums! :smiley:

Hello everyone! My name is Alin, I am 15 and I am from Roumania (No, i’m not a gipsy :)) ). I just bought a Duncan Butterfly XT and i learned some tricks. I think that Yoyo is the perfect hobby for me, but I can’t learn some string tricks… I came here to make new friends, find new tricks and learns from mistakes. If you want, take a look here, please: http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,77943.0.html ! Thank you!

Wow do people actually ask if you’re a gypsy? That’s pretty dumb. Is yoyoing common in Romania?

Welcome! I think you will find everything your said you are looking for here. and yes, yo-yoing is a fantastic life long hobby.

Hello all!! I go by Timmy yakamoto here. name given by non yoyo friends I’ve been thrown for close to 10 years and am always looking for new friends to buy trade and sell with I’m always looking for new trick concepts and ideas to share.and I also love helping out giving advise and teaching anyone who wants to learn. I enjoy making short tutorials for people trying to hit that hard trick. And also getting advise on a hard trick. Please feel free to find me on facebook to further build my profile and get to know all of you on a regular basis. You can find me under Timmy yakamoto thx everyone and I hope to talk to all of you in the future. Happy throwing!!

I am always on the lookout for good tutorials so I will look for yours. And Welcome!

Sorry for late reply…

Thank you very much!

Well… Many gypsyes from Romania are going to begging in other countries (France, Spain, UK, Italy, Germany)… Romania have a very bad reputation about this and I’m not proud of this.
No, yoyoing isn’t very common in Romania…

Thank you! I hope to, I am beggining to learn more :D.

Hello!

My name is Robbie. I’m from the UK. Only recently started playing again. Trying to quickly work through standard trick lists and would like to learn more about 1A freestyle play, creating combos and original tricks (advice on where to go is much appreciated). Favourite player at the moment is probably Zach Gormley. His style is awesome. Favourite yoyos are One Drop and CLYW but looking forward to see what other people recommend. Trickswise, I like anything that has a good flow. Nice to meet you all!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums :smiley:

The trick list instructions here are fabulous. Welcome!

Hey guys, Ryo from Malaysia ;D
Been playing with yoyo since approx 10years ago but gave up because I fail to learn tricks from books (We don’t have youtube back then!) and recently picked it up after learning that one of my friend play yoyo too!
Currently owned a Speedaholic and learning how to do front mount. Hope to learn more from the community.

There’s so much you can learn on here.

Welcome! This is a good site to learn on.

Hello everyone. My name is Anthony and I am 31 years old and in the navy. I got into yoyo’s after my daughter saw one in toys r us andAfter looking at a couple of youtube videos, now here I am at yoyo expert. Im still trying different yoyo’s but my favorites for now are the yyf 888x and dark magic 2. My favorite trick that I am currently working on and like the most is the gyroscopic flop. So far I been throwing for about 4 months. It’s hard to practice with work and family but I really do enjoy the new hobby I have found and look forward to talking about it as well as adding new yoyo’s to my collection.

Welcome and thank you for your service! The videos here are a great way to learn.

I started throwing back in the late 90s when yoyo’s got big for a minute. I was in high school at the time. Alas, I set my Henry’s viper down and forgot about it. Years later, I find my dreams dying, working at an uninspiring job, and fearfull of fading into adulthood. One day I pulled open an old box in my closet, and there she was. My old faithful viper.

That was about six months or so ago. Since then I’ve gone through 50 strings, upgraded to a maverick, replaced the bearing with a convex bearing, and am slowly working my way up the ladder.

I’m 31 years old. Still have the aforementioned uninspiring job. Just had a daughter. I’m so happy to be throwing again. Such a fantastic hobby. Fun, competitive, pure. It’s what I’ve been missing.

I’m glad to be here and would love to get more involved in the community. Your site has been great and a enormous help with me trying to get back into the swing of things. I’ve learned more about yoyo’s in six months on sites like this that I have since I was in high school way back when. So thank you.

“Throw it all away.”

I’m getting dark magic I’m good (i guess)

Dark Magic is one of the best learning and playing yoyo’s out there!

I have chosen to step outside my comfort zone and make my first post in the forums. Hello, I love yoyoing and have for years. But when anything goes wrong I take it very seriously.