Introduce Yourself!

Welcome aboard Korb!

Hello! My name is Mahnogard, which is Dragonham spelled backwards and that would take way too long to explain. ;D Iā€™m 39, and just started yoyoing again (today!) after 20+ years. I just love that this forum exists.

Back when I was in high school, a fellow student clued me into the fact that yoyoing is great for stress relief. Within a couple of years, I had a nice little collection of yoyos. But sometime in between moving to Nashville and when I went back a couple years later to get the rest of my stuff from my parentsā€™ house, they went missing, but I didnā€™t really notice. Yoyoing had been forgotten.

The other day I was watching an old tv show and there was a kid walking down the street with a yoyo. Something just clicked and I immediately went online to buy one. Wow, have things changed! I ended up getting a green Henrys Lizard just to see if I still ā€œfeltā€ it. It came today. I still feel it. :slight_smile:

A yoyo, for me, is like Xanax on a string. I plan to start collecting again. Maybe even get some of my old tricks back. I used to be able to throw almost horizontally, so that people thought I was throwing something at them. That was always good for laughs. For right now, though, I need to work on my basic throws. Work out the wobbles.

I bet you will remember everything you knew about yoyoā€™s. Nashville is a good town and I have family there. Also 39 is a good age.
Welcome!

Thanks! I donā€™t know about remembering everything, though. Weā€™ll see. When I can do an ATW without bonking myself in the head, Iā€™ll be happy. Makes me really glad I got a lighter, plastic yoyo with rubber bumpers. :smiley:

I couldnā€™t agree more.

ā€¦Whats Up? My Name Is Treā€™, just picked up Yoing in January. Very Art involved born in 84ā€™ so Ive Learned Everything Pretty Fast and now Im Stuck In This #Life!!! Im Into Slacks, Whips, And Chopstick Combosā€¦ Hope To Be In Serious Competition By this Time Next Yearā€¦ I AM THE ONLY PERSON IN FAYETTEVILLE, NC On this Shyt!!! IAG.

FaceBook: Tre Russell

Yo-Yo: Blink

Welcome to thte forums Tre

1 Like

Hi all, Iā€™m Rob, 30 from Tamworth, England . I used to throw back in about 2007ish not thrown for a very long time looking to get back into the hobby, amazing to see how things have changed over the past five or so years I have been away from the hobby.

Hey im Tedā€¦been throwing on and off for three years now and looking to stick with it. Im loving it and cant wait to take it to the next level!

^Welcome to the forums :smiley:

Welcome aboard.

Heyā€¦My name is Jake. I used to yoyo about 3 years ago got to a decent level, basically through all the ā€˜advancedā€™ on Andreā€™s tutorials, but stopped for no apparent reason. Recently I started throwing again and bought a Shutter. Oh and Iā€™m from the Akron Ohio area.

Welcome to the forums! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, My name is Zak, from Singapore :D, use to yoyo-around 4 years ago, had a Plastic Grind Machine and Die-Nasty but stopped yoyo-ing and sold those away. Now I am back into yoyo-ing, I regretted for quitting yoyo-ing now donā€™t know why I stopped back then but here I am back and waiting for my YYF Whip and Protostar to come and refresh my memory on the tricks.

Welcome to the forums Zak

1 Like

Welcome.

Hello everyone. My name is AJ, and I just started. My job doesnā€™t leave a lot of personal time in my life and I needed a hobby. Throwing a yo-yo is something I can do nearly anywhere, with any amount of time, so I bought my Duncan Imperial 5 days ago, and feel hooked. I can do a few of the basic tricks now. I even burned out my first string today. Anyway, Iā€™m excited to be part of the community. Iā€™m even more excited to get my next yo-yo. Iā€™ve got my eyes on the String Theory Singularity. Mostly due to itā€™s size, and how it looks. I still have no idea what Iā€™m doing.

Welcome to the forums AJ

1 Like

Join the club. Welcome

1 Like

Hi all, Im Tim from germany and i have been throwing since 2006 (With a longer break). Im also active on the ILYY forum (nickname there is Tim)