Introduce Yourself!

hello world. My name is Justin. People used to call me Pancakes…before the clone wars.
I throw for 1drop yoyos. yeah, i know you have never heard of me. thats fine. I dont try to get attention or win contests. i just try to embody why a person and a rock on a string is such a special thing, that being an individual lends itself to creativity.

im an old punk rocker who is trying to live in a healthy manner and attempting to keep the world as wonderful as it can be. I talk to animals and spit on cars. I work for a record label and worry about art all day when im not watching birds or growing vegetables. i ride a road bike everywhere with an average uphill speed of 13 miles an hour and pride myself on making good mac and cheese. currently shopping around for a dracula cape to wear 24/7.

That’s cool. Several people serving and into yoyos have posted around here. Many others using it as a stress relief for sure. Great community too. Welcome!

Hey guys and old friends. Even a few from Yoyo Nation Forum, awesome! Started yoing at the age of 11 and been throwing ever since…caught the 80’s and 90’s fads even the 2003-2004 unresponsive revolution to date! I like to throw and learning all the time never stop or die…collecting mostly now! I used yoyo’s to teach Math & Science laws to my classes in 6th grade at the school for the deaf in Illinois. But, just retired from teaching/work and will spend more time on my trick development and combo mastery’s. Name is (rockstar)

^Welcome All :smiley: Its cool to see so many new people getting into yoyoing.

Hello all! My name is Cody, I’m 20 years old, and I just recently got back into yoyoing! I began yoyoing back around 2005 but stopped between 2011-2012. I used to own a decent collection of yo-yos, but unfortunately sold them all other than an old dark magic :-\ My favorite yo-yos would have to be BvM’s, peaks, and yyf 888s (any 888 before 2008). But I will slowly start up a collection again! It feels nice to yoyo again and I hope to get to know a lot of you guys!

Hi,

I’m stuarttw’s brother. I’ve been yoyoing for two and a half years. Fav yoyo is classic. I’m 18. I write music on LMMS. I also juggle and unicycle. And play disc golf.

^Welcome Cody

^Welcome stuart white’s brother

1 Like

His name’s gordon lol

Nice I disc golf too! Any aces :wink:

Hi everyone!

I recently got back into yo-yoing. I started in early middle school and now am in my 2nd year of college. Since I am recently starting back up, my throws are a little outdated possibly. I am using a Dark Magic 1, and a Freestyle. I am new to a lot of the yo-yoing terms, but plan on getting farmiliar with them/ the community. I found this site years ago when purchasing my Dark Magic.

Welcome! So you used to yoyo a lot! Nice. I’m assuming you are going to get some more modern yoyos.

nope, but I hit the basket from about 150 feet today, got a birdie.

1 Like

Hey, what’s up!

I was just checking out this site and it looks pretty cool. The wife bought me a Xodus II which really wasn’t too great but peaked my interest. On a whim, I bought a Protostar and then a Shutter a week later.

I was thinking about getting a CTX bearing for the Shutter. The flat bearing works well enough. I noticed though that, if I miss a trick, I can recover with the Protostar before it tilts. If I accidentally nudge the Shutter, the flat bearing tilts fast.

hey all. great site; been off an on for the past several year but now’s the time to officially join the ranks of the mental defectives (i.e.: yoyo’ers).

i bought my first yo about 3 years ago and learned some of the basic tricks (yes, i can walk the dog and rock the baby). recently got bit by the yoyo bug again and trying to pick up where i left off. have started learning to use unresponsive yo-yos (love it).

of course my first yoyo’s were back in grade school back about the time dirt was being invented. pretty sure the available yoyo’s then were all duncan (imperial?). when i started a couple years ago my first yo-yos were YYF Velocity (used mainly as responsive), Yomega gamma Brain. also bought a DV888 then but it sat on the shelf unused for most of the time (didn’t really spend the time to learn how to bind until recently). spent most of the time with a the Velocity learning the basic tricks and picture tricks (that i could never do back in my childhood - no youtube back then).

several weeks ago i just went crazy with yoyo’s; quickly learned to bind and the dv888 has now become my favorite throw. but since i feel the overwhelming need to purchase more yoyo’s than i know what to do with, i also recently picked up a YYF Grind and Supernova, yomega fireball, duncan pro-z. also ordered a yoyojam Dark Magic 2 as well as a looping yo-yos (YYF 10080).

other than the classic tricks i learned from a couple years ago, i recently learned the brain twister (solid), trapeze (solid), drop in the bucket (get it in about 1 out of 5 times), double or nothing (about 1 in 7 times). i prefer to concentrate a a few tricks and get them down solid before moving on to more.

by the way, i do not yet have the experience with enough yoyo’s to properly evaluate yo-yos but my impressions of the yoyo’s i have are:
Velocity: nice general purpose; like that i can dial in the responsive from very responsive to unresponsive.
DV888: as stated above, this is probably my favorite at this time. it is a little smaller and fits my hand better; very smooth.
Supernova: seems huge and clunky. i know it is a good yoyo but it just feels too big; but it easy to do things like trapeze since you have so much room to catch the string.
grind: feels nice but seems a little unbalanced; seems like it always start leaning over to the right after spinning or doing some trick such as the brain twister.
yomega fireball: used for learning looping tricks (can consistently do 2 - 3 loops). feels really good.
duncan pro-z: not bad; like the fireball better but this is also good for looping. it has the “mod” stacks so you can convert it to a semi-butterfly style as well. for $8, very happy with it.
Yomega brain: don’t really use it much; what little i did use it i turned off the brain; the fireball and pro-z are better for me.

i have not yet received the dark magic 2 or the the yyf 1080. they should be here tues - wed. i’m sure i will enjoy them.

so, anyway hello all. nice to meet ya.

gw

^Welcome

well I’m new here and my name is Cory. I just started yo-yoing about a month ago. still learning but having a blast the whole time. I never thought yo-yoing could be an addicting hobby like it is. so far I’m really into the one drop line.

We can all relate to this!

Thank you all for having me. I’ve always been fascinated by the yo-yo even as a child. Now, at48yrs old
I find yoing very, very relaxing. My current yo-yo is the Yomega Maverick. I have two favorite tricks. They are Drop in the Bucket & Stop-n-Go. Also if there is any yoers from Toledo, Ohio on here hmu.

Just practice with it, it’ll make you better :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, starting out new here and excited!! I was into yoyos for awhile but slowly faded out about 4-5 years ago. Anyways long story short, I was moving some stuff and found my old box of yoyos, started throwing again a few days ago, and got hooked again. Still shaking off a good amount of rust but I’m working on it. Decided to check out the forums again and log on to my old yoyonation account and you know how that goes. Anyways I’m starting to practice again and was wondering what newer yoyos everyone’s throwing now. I have some older yyf, general yo, and 1 clyw. What are the newer clyw yoyos that are decent to pick up?? (tho all of them are great)

Thanks everyone, nice to be back to yo-yoing