Introduce Yourself! 2026

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome buddy.

2 Likes

If you like old school CLYW like the wooly Marmot I highly recommend checking out @Cmchappell97 with Featherspin yoyos. The corvus feels like a way upgraded wooly Marmot and their throws are top notch.

1 Like

Hi! Jenni here. I’m in Ohio, Midwestern US. First started throwing in 2005 and have been away for awhile. Drawn back by a move across town which caused me to go through my belongings and rediscover my yo-yo collection. I just turned 45 and my red FH zero and my Pyro are probably my favorites, for completely different reasons.

11 Likes

You old friend Yo-yo says “welcome back!!”.

1 Like

hey y’all,

I’ve been lurking for a long while (even before I made an account) but thought I’d finally take the plunge and post. I’ve been throwing since 2010-ish, although I actually technically started in 1998/99 when there was something of a craze. Always found myself strangely compelled by yoyo tricks and yoyos in general. Something about it being simple to pick up and yet hard to truly master just hits me in the right way.

I don’t think I can even choose a favourite yoyo, given how often I seem to switch my opinion on this, but I’ll say that my favourite yoyo I’ve ever owned was probably my first Dark Magic II back in the day because I put probably hundreds of hours on it learning as much as I could.

Anyway hope to see you all around.

12 Likes

Afternoon, I am relativity new to yo-yoing at just over a year and a half of serious practice while also starting later in life at level 45. My current goal is to find some meetups in the Tampa area in an effort to push my current limits. My current favorite throws are the Fora and Canopy PC. I look forward to interacting with the community! Y’all be good.

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure I have seen an active club on here in that area of Florida. Might be worth searching or asking about. Welcome to the forum.

1 Like
1 Like

Hello Yoyo World! My name is Ryan Trostle AKA Ryan.throwdad on socials!

I’m a husband, father and avid YoYo player for about 15 years. At the beginning of the year I started sharing my love for yoyoing on social media through filmmaking and have been having a blast in this community!

Since I have started a YouTube channel and Podcast all about YoYo and fatherhood! Would mean the world if yall could swing by and check it out!

YouTube: https://youtube.com/@ryan.throwdad?si=5is1uobly648je8P

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ryan.throwdad?igsh=MWd2NW1ubmdhdHh2eQ%3D%3D&utm_source=qr

11 Likes

Welcome!! Very cool!!

3 Likes

Nice job!

1 Like

Dude! I was just bragging on my Alpha on another thread. You’ve taught yours more cool tricks than mine knows, though… Dad of 3 girls. And saw Ginger Root in Nashville recently! Crazy energy at that show. Lots of queer folk and anime fans dancing their butts off…

2 Likes

Thanks for checking out the video! The alpha is so fun!

1 Like

Hello, my name is Brandon. I’m in my 30s. I have been playing with yoyo’s off and on most of my life. MY first yoyo was the Duncan Butterfly that came with a Duncan trick mini-disc (CD). I was amazed at what tricks Steve, Felix, Jack, etc were throwing and have been aspiring to reach those levels and beyond ever since lol. I’ve taken up the hobby a bit more serious for about 6-12 months now.

I remember there was a yoyoing forum that hosted yoyo videos, about 20 years ago? Yoyoing.com was the name? That site was GOATed!

I’m here to learn and keep the hobby alive.

Casual visitor at the Nashville yoyo club.

8 Likes

Hey my name is Isaiah and i just realized i have never actually MADE a YoyoExpert account after all these years until today. I started yoyoing around 2009 when i was 8 years old and have always been a massive YoyoJam fan. I only threw for a few years then sporadically would pick one up over the years until 2025 when i quit nicotine and needed a hobby to keep my hands busy. Ever since then i have gotten more into it than ever, learned hundreds of tricks, collected about 60 yoyos, rebuilt most of my childhood collection and then some, and met and am close with some of my yoyo idols from childhood! I’ve also tracked my whole journey posting my trick progress on TikTok and YouTube this time around. Glad to be back!

11 Likes

hey ! my name is Tadzio, i live in france and i’ve been yoyoing with various degrees of implication for something like 13 years, you might have met me at eyyc 2014 when i was a kiddo, at french nats or maybe that one time it attended a yoyo club meeting in SF :roll_eyes:

i resumed playing relatively seriously this year, planning on attending more international contests and meeting more yoyoers. also i signed up here because i was told it was one of the places to be to trade stuff, but i have to confess that seeing one hobbyist forum that still stands fills me with joy.

12 Likes

Hey what’s up everyone. I played with some yos in the 90s or early 2000s I don’t even remember but only responsive. Got more into throwing in 2020 but took a long hiatus after a couple years. Was active in the yye forums and now I am getting back into the hobby. I genuinely liked the community as a whole. Very friendly folks I met here and made a few friends.

I went through my stuff and found a couple yoyos I still hung onto like a colossus 4 my wife got me and have been slowly “unlocking” memories of tricks I knew. Muscle memory is pretty amazing that way haha. And now im starting to watch some tutorials again and it feels so good to be throwing again. I look forward to chatting with any old friends who are still around and meeting new people. Happy throwing!

13 Likes

What’s up dude? You still in SWFL?

1 Like

Hi everyone! My name is Shanika, and I’m getting back into throwing after a 10+ year break.

I’ve recently started posting yoyoing and juggling videos on my YouTube channel to get back into two things I loved as a teenager, skill toys and filmmaking.

You can find my newer videos here:

If you dig around, you might even find some videos of me from 15 years ago. It’s pretty surreal seeing them again now that I’m in my 30s!

I actually had a YoyoExpert account years ago, but I can’t remember the username. I’m really happy to be getting back into skill toys and discovering the community again.

Looking forward to throwing, learning, and hearing your recommendations!

15 Likes