I actually have a very similar situation. Absolutely love my family. However, I have one friend that I hang out with occasionally and 3 friends that are my satellite friends. We get together every couple of months.
I wonder if there is a way to do an online type video session where we could BS and show our progress to each other.
Stay in touch bro. I too am new to this and would love to have another in the trenches of learning with me.
Gen X-er from Upstate NY. I used to throw in the 90s. never thought to hold 2, so 2a it is for me.
My daughter is also getting into it. A bit on the young side, but wants to learn and eventually get into 4a.
Welcome, Troy! Glad you made it back to the world! I had that same reaction to rediscovering the sport. Going a slightly different way than you with old-school tricks on modern semi-responsive throws – not going real fast but having fun and that right there is the important part.
Yooo welcome! So many new (and returning) people! I met a ton of people at nationals that told me they were just getting back into the hobby. It’s awesome to see the community growing
Thanks! I achieved my stated goal of nats which was land my horizontal beef hook on stage! I was so hyped to land it that I got totally psyched out! It’s only my second time competing and I’ll try again at any contests I can get to.
Heck yeah! Cant imagine the pressure being on dtage at a national event.
I cam hardly land basic tricks when im alone in my house. I feel like id be happy to succesfully get the yoyo to bind if i was on stave at such am event.
Kudos to you. You should ne proud pf the achievement.
Hi,
My name is Quentin, I’m french (part of the French yoyo association (FYYA)) ;D
I’m throwing since 2011, I’m not that competitive, so I’m not a great player, but I throw every day, and it brings me peace of mind and joy !
Si i’m totaly new on this forum but not new to yoying haha !
Hey, everyone. I’ve been throwing on and off this past decade, now I’m more motivated than ever. I’m ready to learn a bunch of new stuff. The best tricks I can do are Superman and White Buddha. By next year I hope to learn tricks that make my current combos looks like walk-the-dog.
I’m from , used to have yoyos in middle school but none of us really any more advanced tricks than Eiffel towers back then.
Recently stumbled upon some youtube videos of all I missed on back then so I bought some yoyos with my adult money. And I have time between software builds to throw.
Excited to see what’s up and buy/trade/sell yoyos with y’all, cheers
hey everyone, started in the 90’s and still have my turbo bumble bee and gt. have twin 8 year old boys who discovered them and wanted to start throwing. one thing led to another and here I am, back to throwing! picked up a deepest state and rebirth recently. rebirth is my first unresponsive. both are playing great and making good progress. modern 0a stuff is absolutely amazing! having a blast and looking forward to being part of the community.
Hi everyone! I’m Justin, and I recently returned to the hobby about a year ago after my son got into throwing (Gentry Stein performed at his school). He’s moved on to other things, but I haven’t not picked up a yoyo every day since. Go figure. I’ve since dug up my old Yomega Fireball, bought a couple more modern yoyos (Mk1 Brass Exia and Atmos Fuji are my favs) and each day I’m trying to learn new tricks.
I’m also building something yoyo-related and I’m excited to join this community to get feedback, collect ideas, and build something that resonates with the community.
I’m based in Portland, OR. Looking forward to connecting!
Who says kids are just attention-needy time-sucks? Our kids often do us the favour of getting us back into a healthy sense of play. (Then of course they start asking for the car keys…)
I’m a 20s-ish male, currently finishing up my MSc in Power Systems Engineering in the UK.
I got into yoyos on June 1st; I never threw before that in my life.
I fell in love with Yo-yo very deeply, very fast, to the point where perhaps it’s an addiction.
Now, I’ve got the:
K2 Crystal (MagicYoyo)
Shortcut (Yoyofriends)
Hatchet SS (Yoyofficer)
Panorama (One Drop).
Can’t get over this damn hobby. I think I’m addicted. It’s often one of the first things I do when I wake up, and it’s what I want to be doing all the time. I love throwing, collecting, learning, all of it.