Introduce Yourself! 2025

Hi everyone, my names Anthony. I picked up yo-yoing around 3 months ago and I’ve been absolutely loving it. I’ve been growing my collection and my favorite throw right now is an MK1 Brass Exia. I’m currently practicing a Double or Nothing Repeater trick from MrMatio and struggling to land my first Beefhook. I also visited my first ever competitive event today at the '25 PNWR. Vibes were high and all the competitors were amazing! Look forward to learning a lot from the community!

12 Likes

Goin the g2 community! Best Yoyo’s on the market. P.S. beef hook is an advanced trick. If your still learning double or nothing you should learn other tricks first and then come back to beef hook later on.. it’s more complicated than it looks

1 Like

10 Likes

I’ll check it out, thanks for the input and reply! Do you have any advice on good prerequisites for landing the beefhook? Right now I can consistently hit my Hidemasa, Brent Stole GT, plastic whip, and Gunslinger. I’m also semi-regularly able to hit a Multifarious whip. Should I learn 1.5 or 2.0 hooks before working on a Beefhook? Thanks again!

1 Like

@Sluggo
I would say if a trick looks fun go for it and if you get frustrated move on to something else for a bit. I think those are pretty good prerequisites. Maybe learn a gunslinger.

3 Likes

I can beefhook a couple different ways and I’ve never been able to hit a 2.0. It took a million or more tries to ever land it, then it took a half million tries to figure out how I landed it. :joy: it gets more consistent with time and practice. Like anything.

You got this!!!

Oh! And welcome!!

1 Like

Three months and you already have a BrExia, AND are learning Beefhook?!

I envy you

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the insight!

That’s reassuring :sweat_smile: Thanks for the warm welcome. Really enjoying the community so far! Also, I took your recommendation on the Sago from another thread, excited for it to show up!

4 Likes

Lol, seriously its mostly thanks to this community. It’s been an awesome resource for figuring out which throws to chase down and super helpful tips on learning tricks!

3 Likes

You have way more time and money than I do. Use it well! Use it wisely!

1 Like

Thats awesome! You won’t be disappointed. Sago is :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

[I kid, of Course]

5 Likes

I genuinely almost added that I am sponsored by them, but it felt braggy so I left it out :joy: catch 22

2 Likes

Lol it’s cool, I saw that you were sponsored. A good rec is a good rec! If it can keep up with you, it’ll breeze though whatever starter combos I’m throwing at it!

2 Likes

It’s a solid throw for sure. I CANT keep up with it! I can’t wait to see someone REALLY good play with it.

Hello everyone, my name is Karl or Kalle for short(?).
35 yo (for a few more days) and live in Sweden. Threw alot in the 90s, picked it up again in the early 2010s and then life happend and just got back to it when I went on parental leave about 8 months of so ago and got really really hooked (as i usually get with new or re-discoverd hobbies of which i have to many already). Other hobbies include cooking, mini-painting, reading, board games and video games.

Have bought way to many yoyos these last months.. and have 3 more on the way.. oh well.. guess it happens to quite many of us..

Been lurking the forum for the past months but now its time to join up for real :slight_smile:

Favorite throws right now is the YYFr Koi, YYFr Stingray, Recess Snack and YJYOYO Timeslip.

Happy to be a part of the community here!

12 Likes

Welcome to the forums! You have a lot of great yoyos!

1 Like

Thanks!

I really do have some awesome throws :slight_smile:
What is your favorite at the moment?

Btw love your art, that water color from 4/11/24 is great!

1 Like

One Drop Warlock and C3 Speedaholic but I usually throw a handful each day. Speedaholic is what I’ve brought to work if I get a chance to throw on lunch break. Thank you for the compliment.